PDA

View Full Version : SW Wedings

dr_evazan22
03-05-2002, 10:01 AM
A few years ago I was working w/ a girl who loves McDonalds and she said she wanted to be married in one. I thought it was a little wierd, but if you like something that much, go for it.

So that led me to think of a SW wedding.
Now, I'm not married myself, and it's not in my near future.

I envision my wife-to-be in 1 of 3 outfits:
-The white dress Leia wears at the medal ceremony in ANH
-The dress Padme wears in Sen. Palps apt. on Coruscant in E1, the one that looks very Asian. (BTW I wish Hasbro would make a 12" of this. I know that FAO made one 2 years ago, but it was over a $1000! Do it in a similar kind of packaging as the Portrait Edition figs/dolls)
-The Peace Celebration dress Padme wears at the end of E1. And in this sceniario the wife would get a big glass ball instead of a ring;) (This needs a 12" also!)

I haven't decided what I would wear yet. I think the best looking Jedi robes are the set worn by Mace. The robes look really good on him, but the pants he wears throws it all off! So that's my first choice.
2nd choice would be one of Han's outfits, either from ANH or Bespin

Lord Malakite
03-05-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
I haven't decided what I would wear yet. I think the best looking Jedi robes are the set worn by Mace. The robes look really good on him, but the pants he wears throws it all off! So that's my first choice.
2nd choice would be one of Han's outfits, either from ANH or Bespin

It would definitely be better than going as Malakili, Chewbacca, or Jabba.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-05-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite

It would definitely be better than going as Malakili, Chewbacca, or Jabba.

Or even Yarna D'al Gargan. :rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
03-05-2002, 07:13 PM
That actualy sounds like a cool ceremony-
Jabba marrying Yarna D'al Gargan!

It's a sick, but great idea!

master jedi
03-05-2002, 09:59 PM
dr_evazan22, you should have your bride-to-be dress up as Slave Leia on your honeymoon(sp?). If ya know what I mean.;) ;)

SithDroid
03-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Well, people have actually done weddings in this style. If I were ever to get married and decided to have a SW theme wedding here is what I would have.

The groomsmen would all have to wear Jedi outfits.

The bridesmaids would be dressed up like Padmes Handmaidens.

I'd be dressed in Jedi robes as well.

The bride would wear the Padme end celebration outfit.

Ushers. Stormtrooper gear for them. (Hey the Empire should have a chance to as well).

Music entertainment for the party following would have a Jazz band performing SW orhestral music. Perhaps People to actually dress like the Cantina members and have some Jabba's dancers as well.

R2-D2 would hold a tray at the end of the buffet line for drinks.

That is only if I ever decided to do it that way. It would probably cost a lot of money and I don't think everyone would agree to it, but it's nice to dream.

2-1B
03-10-2002, 05:20 PM
I would wear C-3PO coverings :sur: