PDA

View Full Version : Imperial shuttle due august...

Jargo
03-05-2002, 02:40 PM
This just in at theprivateuniverse (http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html) A reputable site for news. Just thought it might interest you guys with all the talk lately of a shuttle release. Whether it is true is still debatable. but as I say TPU have been right about a good many items including the 25th anniversary pack and R4-M9.

Imperial Shuttle - Official Confirmation!
Pete [Editor] Tuesday, March 5th 2002 - 04:04:34 PM

I'm hot off the phone with an Official Source who gave me this news on the rumoured Imperial Shuttle...

The shuttle is scheduled for US release in August, and shortly followed by the UK release in September. The price is estimated at 100 UK, and I am informed the shuttle DOESN'T at this time contain any pack in figures. The figures rumoured elsewhere could be exclusive to the US store carrying it, and not included for the UK release.

It's official! So forget your summer holiday, use the saving for this much wanted vehicle!

Darth Evil
03-05-2002, 02:46 PM
All I can say is....finally!

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 03:20 PM
Alllllriiiiight! However... 100 UK=$142 USD. :eek:

We'll I'm sure they are taking some sort of cost of living and importing cost into account here. :rolleyes: :confused: :sur:

Jargo
03-05-2002, 03:35 PM
yeah, the UK having some of the highest import taxes in the world!!!!:eek: not to mention that we also have one of the highest costs of living going..... I would imagine though that the shuttle would set you Ameeericans back by about $100. And this thing is going to a short run probably. limited numbers and all that. Store exclusive blah blah blah.... :rolleyes:

I'm starting to save anyway. Just in case it turns out to be true. Frankly, I don't care how much it costs just so long as I get one - should it be released. I'll even forego these wonderful shiney new AOTC figures in order to get one :D I am so glad I have a partner who understands the sickness that is 'being a collector' :p Just as well really as it's their credit card I'll be using to pay for it..... :greedy:

INDIANA
03-05-2002, 04:10 PM
The make or break of this piece will be the packaging. We are now talking about the most expensive Star Wars 3 3/4 piece ever made. If it comes in a great window box so I don't have to open it...GREAT !! A big cardboard box will do nothing for me and it will sit there until reduced. That's a lot of money that people will not have in a movie year.

evenflow
03-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Well what makes or breaks it for me is the pack-ins. If there aren't any, i will not be picking it up unless it is seriously marked down. I hope that Imperial Dignitaries are included. If none are, i am happy with my vintage one. Pack-ins are a must.

INDIANA
03-05-2002, 05:42 PM
You are buying for the pack-ins.

You are going to pay $100 for an Imperial Dignatary figure?

Beast
03-05-2002, 05:43 PM
If they can deliver it for the rumored $75.00 price point by dropping the pack-ins, I'll be a happy camper. I would much prefer a regular carded release of the Imperial Dignitaries and a New Emporer anyway. :) Since most of the pack-ins have been pretty "stinkowiff" anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
03-05-2002, 06:05 PM
you know what? I really don't care if there are pack ins.It would be nice but it certainly wouldn't stop me from buying this ship.I can't wait.I hope August is true.I'd like at least one imperial dignitary.
I really wonder if this will really be a FAO exclusive.How bad off is that chain now?If they're really bad how many could possibly be made available?
My wifes family lives in Jersey and we've made a habit of going to Woodbridge(?) to get certain FAO Exclusives.Is that store even open now?

GeneralKenobi
03-05-2002, 09:57 PM
FAO must be hurting as much as most toy retailers these days...You think the FAO near you is bad...mine still has ID4 toys, no kidding!

Lord Tenebrous
03-05-2002, 11:20 PM
1) Hasbro should issue just the shuttle, no figure pack-ins.

2) Hasbro should produce an Imperial Dignatary/ Coruscant Citizen multifigure, like the one in the attached photo:

That would work it for me. :)

Beast
03-05-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
1) Hasbro should issue just the shuttle, no figure pack-ins.
2) Hasbro should produce an Imperial Dignatary/ Coruscant Citizen multifigure, like the one in the attached photo:
That would work it for me. :)
Yeah, I agree...please no pack-ins. But I don't want them basing the Dignitary off the E2 Coursurant Citizen either. While the outfit is similar, it's not the same as any of the Imperial Dignitaries from ROTJ. Here is the pic I posted also in the Imperial Dignitary poll.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
03-05-2002, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't mind no pack-ins, if the Shuttle is a new mold, more accurate scale. If not, I'll keep my original and save $100!

2-1B
03-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Would they even consider "old man" figures for the purpose of a pack in ? Sure, I would like some diginitaries, but I think the odds are better for carded releases of them.

Since I never had this ship as a kid, I would definitely save for the new one! :)

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 01:35 AM
Well I just hope they don't treat this like they treated the TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, A-wing, B-wing and Y-wing! By this I mean gutting out the electronics, the shuttle I do believe is supposed to along with the electronic have a motor which you could raise/lower the wings with, if they gutted that stuff out of it this time (it's a neat play feature. :)) and also not include any pack-ins (I would've like to at least have another Imperial Officer or something with the $100 price) then I definitely won't be getting this unless it's marked down for $50 or below.

Beast
03-06-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Well I just hope they don't treat this like they treated the TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, A-wing, B-wing and Y-wing! By this I mean gutting out the electronics, the shuttle I do believe is supposed to along with the electronic have a motor which you could raise/lower the wings with, if they gutted that stuff out of it this time (it's a neat play feature. :)) and also not include any pack-ins (I would've like to at least have another Imperial Officer or something with the $100 price) then I definitely won't be getting this unless it's marked down for $50 or below.
I don't mind them gutting out the electronics, since most of the old toys the sounds were cheesy anyway.I don't believe there was motors that raised and lowered the wings. It only took 2 AA's, which wouldn't be powerful enough I doubt to actually do that. I think all it did was make noise. By the way the price back then was 39.99, so thats a substantial increase. If they can give it to us for 75.00, minue electronics and pack-in. Sweeet. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SithDroid
03-06-2002, 02:17 AM
What I'm wondering is how big is this thing? It must be quite large to fetch such a high price. Hopefully it is more to scale than the vintage one.

Beast
03-06-2002, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
What I'm wondering is how big is this thing? It must be quite large to fetch such a high price. Hopefully it is more to scale than the vintage one.
It's gonna be the same ship as the 80's one, just with a better paint job and maybe some new tooling and sculpting. Hasbro so far has never fully re-made a new ship without using the original molds, or actually a mold pulled from one of the original toys. They always do slightly re-tooled the molds and add finer detail though, like the molded solar panals instead of stickers. Actually the best and most re-done ship would be the Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, because they did redo that from scratch, other then the basic wing shapes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 03:18 AM
Which they did to correct the backing of it, but even if the backing wasn't correct, it still got rid of that battery holder which would've just been there to bug the detail. :D

I do believe the vintage Shuttle did have a motor as did the Y-wing for turning the turret on top, can't quite remember though. However the thing is in the 80's when they didn't have technology anything like ours they were able to pull this stuff of and price it at $40. Ok, I know inflation has to do with the prices also but pricing it at $100 is almost triple the price, and the extra $60 is pure jipp if they gutted out the electronics and don't have at least 1 pack-in.

I just don't get it, people complained about the Royal Starship being $100 even when it was purely new, full of electronics and had an awesome pack-in figure and yet everything is ok about the shuttle being $100 even with the fact that it's not a mold they had to make from scratch and there isn't anything special about it except the paint job they're gonna add, which is probably gonna be nothing major. :confused:

Jargo
03-06-2002, 07:36 AM
here's a comparison of the shuttle and AT-AT for size that Bigbarada was kind enough to send me when he'd just got his vintage one. Very nice vehicle.

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the pic. However it just shows it's not much for $100 considering the AT-AT is bigger, costed $80 and had 2 brand new figures and electronics implemented, and that was the POTF2 AT-AT. :eek:

Beast
03-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Thanks for posting the pic that Big Barada sent you Jargo. Man, that is one minty fresh Imperial Shuttle. I have seen alot of them that have gone yellow. :(

Yeah, 100.00 is alot for it, that's why I'm hopng the 75.00 price point is more accurate. But it is FAO we are talking about here, they over priced their 12" exclusive 2-packs at 69.99 when the other stores had them for 49.99. Not to mention pricing the Faamba at 75.00 as well. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
03-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Personally, I won't be picking up one of the shuttles. It's a very cool design, but still just not one of my favorites . . . and I'm running out of room in my all-be-it fairly large studio apartment. Where would I put it.

Still, I have to say that after looking at the comparison pictures it sure seems like it would be well worth the $100 to all of you Imperial Shuttle fanatics out there. So, I'm happy for you.

Now, if we could just get some confirmation on my long awaited Sandcrawler...

PS --- I think the new Vader Tie Fighter is VERY movie accurate. Check out the Action Figure Archive for pictures comparing this groovy resculpt to the actual film prop. What's still inaccurate --- LT?

snakeplkn
03-06-2002, 03:44 PM
Imperial Shuttle at long last. It would be safe to say more people wanted the shuttle than the Queen's Starship. At whatever price it ends up at, I would like to see a figure come with it. Not all pack-ins are bad, like the A-Wing Pilot, Veers, and AT-AT Driver. I just hope it can be found, I don't have time to go snooping around stores, use online to buy everything including getting the AT-ST just in time.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Beast
03-06-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Not all pack-ins are bad, like the A-Wing Pilot, Veers, and AT-AT Driver. Snake Plissken "A little human compassion"
Veers was a horrible pack-in. He's way to tall, his face was to chubby, and it really didn't look at all like him. I consider him more of an generic AT-AT commander figure then General Veers. We need a new General Veers figure with removable AT-AT armor and interchangable cap and helmet heads. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Veers was a horrible pack-in. He's way to tall, his face was to chubby, and it really didn't look at all like him. I consider him more of an generic AT-AT commander figure then General Veers. We need a new General Veers figure with removable AT-AT armor and interchangable cap and helmet heads. :D

Still though, he was a new figure, they could've just packed-in the new driver alone, but nope, they splurged and went for 2 figures. :D