PDA

View Full Version : Stores in TROUBLE !

INDIANA
03-05-2002, 02:59 PM
So the LEGO Jedi Starfighter came out early and people have been writting in asking if Wal-Mart will be in TROUBLE !!!

Really, who are these people?

Does ANYONE have ANY information about ANY stores that sold E1 stuff early and got in trouble?

With the selling (or, not selling) power of the Star Wars line in recent years, what decisive action is LFL or Hasblo really going to do to a Wal-Mart, the largest store chain in the world?

"If you sell our stuff early, we won't let you sell our stuff and we won't make money.....errr...uhhhh...errr....never mind......"

sith_killer_99
03-05-2002, 05:45 PM
LOL

Good point.:greedy: :crazed: :dead:

Jek Porky 2002
03-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Yeah good point!

JEDIpartner
03-05-2002, 06:25 PM
Just saw a tonne of the kits at the Wal-Mart there. If the Wal-Marts across the US are ALL selling the kits, I seriously doubt that someone is jumping the street date. Those would be more random occurances.

I don't know of ANY stores that got in trouble for jumping the street date for the E1 stuff. If there were any... I don't think it was an entire chain.

GeneralKenobi
03-05-2002, 08:53 PM
Quite honestly, I could give a Gundark's butt whether stores get in trouble seeing as most of them don't have anything anyways...only if you are looking for a Ketwol.

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 12:43 AM
I think the original street date was later for the LEGO Jedi SF but I'm guessing Wal-Mart accidently got in their shipments earlier than they expected them and decided to go ahead and got the ok to put them out instead of keeping them in the stores for so long.

dexter_finster
03-06-2002, 12:14 PM
there was an article posted here at SSG (I think) explaining that while the Hasbro AotC line cases all have release dates clearly marked, the Jedi Starfighter has no such dates, and therefore can be put out whenever.

INDIANA
03-06-2002, 10:52 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!

WAL-MART HAS COMPLETELY BLOWN THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE PREVIEW FIGURES ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!!

PLEASE GOD, I REALIZE THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THE BEST AT KEEPING POTJ IN STOCK, THAT THEY HAVE REPEATEDLY ELIMINATED THE SECTION AT VARIOUS TIMES, THAT MY STORE HAS OUTRIGHT FAILED TO GET IN VARIOUS ASSORTMENTS OF THE POTJ LINE, BUT PLEASE GOD, DON'T LET LFL AND HASBRO CLOSE THEM DOWN....PLEASE!!!!! PLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSEEE!!!! I PROMISE TO BE GOOD AND NOT HIT MY SISTER AND GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY AND EAT MY VEGETABLES AND NOT SHOP AT TRU...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!! !

LTBasker
03-07-2002, 04:40 AM
Woah, dude, calm down. If they were in trouble for these sort of leaks, their SW section wouldn't of been there in '99. You know, I know, and Hasbro knows that it's just some dumb stockperson's fault.

INDIANA
03-07-2002, 10:20 AM
NOW THAT'S SOME EMPLOYEE !!!!!

Able to travel to different states in the same day and work to but out those figures !!!

wow......