PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: TFU ll in 2012?

4s4sin96
08-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi, Its true?
Hasbro is making The Force Unleashed 2 toys in 2012?
If so, I want Starkiller in his Arena Combat Gear! Thanks

JediTricks
08-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I just replied to your Private Message question about this, but I'll repost for anybody else who wants to see...

The latest TFU2 figures are in a multi-pack hitting Toys R Us right now actually:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/panel/p39651-star-wars.html

Unfortunately for some folks, the new characters in the pack are from the Wii game, so most of us haven't heard of them.

These will be the last TFU figures for a while, as Hasbro next year will be switching focus to The Old Republic.

jonthejedi
08-17-2011, 01:22 PM
In spite of their slide, Hasbro's current wave of FU is from FUI...not II. There remains untapped figure gold in the sequel game, no matter what format.

El Chuxter
08-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm baffled that there's no Rahm Kota re-release or resculpt. The figure came out so far in advance of the game that it was largely forgotten and unavailable when the game came out (even moreso for folks like me who waited for the price drop on the game). In spite of being one of the most outspoken mockers of the character's outfit, I wound up digging him and wound grab one lickety-split if he was ever at retail again. (Can't say the same about Marriss Brood, or even Starkiller.)

JediTricks
08-17-2011, 02:13 PM
In spite of their slide, Hasbro's current wave of FU is from FUI...not II. There remains untapped figure gold in the sequel game, no matter what format.Yeah, the OP pointed that out to me in a PM reply. As I'm not familiar with the Wii versions of the games, I assumed Hasbro knew what they were talking about. The funny thing is, the packaging for the set clearly shows "TFU" and not "II", so it's just the slide and the person talking about it that got it wrong.

As for untapped gold in the sequel, I'm not so sure. There are new troops and characters of course, but I never felt like any of it had the Star Wars sparkle and finish that the original game's did. None seemed terribly memorable either, which is part of the game's flaw.