PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2012 Season

Tycho
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
With the pre-season having just begun, I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread started for this year (the game play mostly in 2011).

But with baseball going crappy for most of us, sports fans need something to look forward to.

Tycho
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
San Diego Charger fan checking in here.

This needed to be a separate post from the thread starter.

But I'm a very casual football fan and though I started this thread above, I have yet to really delve deeply into the roster moves made by my team.

Should I get really interested (I've recorded but not yet watched our first pre-season game at this point), I'll be back participating in this thread.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Our fantasy league draft is this coming Monday, and there's something else important on Thursday; whatever. :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
09-05-2011, 01:00 AM
It should be an interesting season for Denver. They went 2-2 in preseason with a close (23-24) loss to Dallas, but preseason is never a true indicator of the season.

JimJamBonds
09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
But with baseball going crappy for most of us, sports fans need something to look forward to.Not for this guy, baseball is going great! I'm actually a Brewer fan first and a Packer fan second, in fact I'm going to the Brewer vs Philly's game on Thursday so I won't be able to watch the opener vs. the Saints. As I told somebody who I'm going to the game with "I'm going to the game I'd rather be at."

2-1B
09-11-2011, 10:19 PM
plus you had the pleasure of hearing Wayne Laravee call "the dagger" on your ride home afterward, anyway. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Steelers and Ravens reverse their week one results; Pittsburgh shuts out the Seahawks, while Baltimore gets upset by the Titans. Patriots look really good, and who'd have thunk that Cam Newton could be so statistically good? Colts, Chiefs; my condolences.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Great defensive 4th quarter, Steelers! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2011, 06:59 AM
It's tough when you lose. It's tough when you lose to a division rival. It's tough when you lose to a division rival at home. It's tough when you lose to a division rival at home in the last half minute of the game. :( But Steelers/Ravens is always a good matchup, regardless of the outcome.

Tycho
11-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Phillip Rivers throws 3 interceptions in one game! WTF?

Anyway, while the Packers are undefeated, my Chargers gave them a great game and never gave up.

But without a quarterback...

Well maybe Rivers will get back on his game.

Then again, I acknowledge the possibility that Green Bay had just the best of the best coverage and that's how they got so many picks.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
I just realized the year was off on this thread.

And, NBC's SNF just announced this year's Super Bowl halftime performer as... Madonna. Really? Really.

Steelers keep on going, but they need Baltimore to stumble if they want the division crown.

JimJamBonds
12-05-2011, 05:00 PM
And, NBC's SNF just announced this year's Super Bowl halftime performer as... Madonna. Really? Really.

I am not looking forward to watching that.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Rest and heal your legs and ankles, Ben and Maurkice.

Darth Metalmute
12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
No mention of Tebow in this thread? Can there be an NFL without him?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I think it's 'cause we have level heads and don't go ga-ga over a mid-season tidbit. Plus, I don't recall many Bronco fans posting on SSG here.

Darth Metalmute
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
That's a shame considering he's going to be the MVP......

I forgot, which font is the sarcastic font?

JimJamBonds
12-12-2011, 05:50 PM
That's a shame considering he's going to be the MVP......

I forgot, which font is the sarcastic font?Most Valuable Prayer?

Darth Metalmute
12-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Most Valuable Prayer?

I wish my prayers were that good....

All I can say is somebody has to stop this soon. I can't deal with another three years of rebuilding. Sure, it's fun when he pulls these wins out, but the first 55 minutes of the game are unwatchable.

JimJamBonds
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM
And also, sooner or later these breaks won't go the Bronco's way. Its easy to forget that all of those W's could just as easily be L's.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Cosmic football karmic balance: 0-13 Indy gets win #1 the same day 13-0 Green Bay loses its 1st. And apparently God is a Patriots fan more than a Bronco backer. ;)

JimJamBonds
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I find it funny that both local and national news stations are saying things along the lines of "Packer weakness's shown." Those weak points have been there the whole time, its just that the breaks didn't go GB's way for a change.

Cosmic football karmic balance: 0-13 Indy gets win #1 the same day 13-0 Green Bay loses its 1st
I'm more upset about Indy winning then GB losing.

On a slightly different note I see the Chargers with their sweet powder blue uniforms are in their typical 'lets make a run for the playoffs' mode.

Tycho
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
On a slightly different note I see the Chargers with their sweet powder blue uniforms are in their typical 'lets make a run for the playoffs' mode.

Sounds good to me. I know now not to get my expectations up though.

from the online dictionary:

ex·pec·ta·tion   n.

1. the act or the state of expecting: to wait in expectation.
2. the act or state of looking forward or anticipating.
3. an expectant mental attitude: a high pitch of expectation.
4. something expected; a thing looked forward to.
5. Often, expectations. a prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.
6. a rarity in San Diego

Darth Metalmute
12-21-2011, 07:54 PM
And apparently God is a Patriots fan more than a Bronco backer. ;)

Tom Brady is God's nephew after all.

I find it funny that both local and national news stations are saying things along the lines of "Packer weakness's shown." Those weak points have been there the whole time, its just that the breaks didn't go GB's way for a change.

I'm more upset about Indy winning then GB losing.

Green Bay is really banged up. If Rodgers is off, they won't win. Their defense isn't good enough to defeat a team like New Orleans without a great game by Rodgers.

I fully expect the Chargers to win the AFC West. As a Bronco fan, I'm far too used to the late season swoon. 3 out of the last 4 years the Broncos have had a playoff spot all but locked up only to lose the clinching game (0-6). And now this year, the team that stands in Denver's way of a division title is a Kyle Orton led Kansas City Chiefs team. Denver is losing that game. I only hope that they beat Buffalo, K.C. beats Oakland, and Oakland beats S.D.

JimJamBonds
12-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Green Bay is really banged up. If Rodgers is off, they won't win. Their defense isn't good enough to defeat a team like New Orleans without a great game by Rodgers.
The O is insane, last week was the first sub par week Rodgers and the boys had, and the D didn't do much of anything. People around here are talking about 18-1, while I think its possible I'll believe it when I see it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Went to the Bills/Broncos game last night as part of a Christmas gift for my brother. Only 45,000 people at the game, smallest crowd in over 10 years, but what we witnessed was Tebow's worst game as a professional. I am not a huge football fan but it was a nice experience to tailgate, freeze my heiny off on cold bleacher seats, and whoop and holler with the drunken masses.

JimJamBonds
12-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Haven't they had problems selling out in Buffalo?

Darth Metalmute
12-25-2011, 09:55 PM
but what we witnessed was Tebow's worst game as a professional.

Worst game so far....

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Haven't they had problems selling out in Buffalo?

They were Top 10 for attendance from 2006-2009, despite not having a winning record since 2004, and a playoff bound team since the 1999 season. They dropped out of the Top 10 the last 2 seasons, ranking into the bottom third this season.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-26-2011, 10:34 AM
So, with tonight's game left for week 16, here's what my New Year's wish list would be for the final weekend:

- Bengals beat Ravens (maybe, since Cincy has a win-and-get-in scenario)
- Steelers beat Browns (quite possible, this would give Pittsburgh the division and a rest-up bye)
- Cowboys beat Giants (a stretch, but then they'd get the division)
- Chiefs beat Broncos (doubtful, ends the Tebow Grace of God tour)
- Raiders beat Chargers (maybe, Raiders are due for some good times [read: division] for a change)
- Indy beats Jacksonville (doubtful, but it'd give them a nice 3-game streak to end their awful season)
- Tennessee beats Houston (possible, and then the Titans would have a winning year)
- Buffalo beats New England (maybe, with the Pats clinching everything and a cap to what began as a nice story)
- San Fran beats St. Louis (likely, to give them a bye)
- Dolphins beat Jets (possible, just to help out Miami's off season)
- Chicago beats Minnesota (likely, to end at .500)
- Arizona has a final score versus Seattle (definitely, and whichever has the higher number gets an 8-8 year)
- Atlanta beats Tampa (maybe, just because)
- New Orleans beats Carolina (see Atl/TB)
- Lions beat Pack (maybe, just because '11 Detroit's a nice story and this'll add to it)

JimJamBonds
12-26-2011, 06:14 PM
- Lions beat Pack (maybe, just because '11 Detroit's a nice story and this'll add to it) They are in the playoffs so this game doesn't really matter...although could they get the #5 seed if certain things happen?

Darth Metalmute
12-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Chiefs beat Broncos (doubtful, ends the Tebow Grace of God tour)

I honestly believe Orton will beat Tebow this weekend. Unfortunately, it won't end the tour because San Diego will beat Oakland.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-27-2011, 09:03 AM
They are in the playoffs so this game doesn't really matter...although could they get the #5 seed if certain things happen?Well, that could mean facing NO indoors instead of GB in January, if they beat their 1st round opponent (either SF or DAL/NYG), and they do better on fast turf with a roof overhead.

I seemed to have forgotten to "predict" the Eagles/'Skins game above. But there's no BSLOS required since I've have assigned a "sure, just because" line anyway.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Playoffs are set. Predictions again?

What I'd want to have happen: :D
AFC
Steelers over Broncos, Texans over Bengals
Steelers over Patriots, Ravens over Texans
Steelers over Ravens

NFC
Falcons over Giants, Lions over Saints
Lions over Packers, 49ers over Falcons
Lions over 49ers

SB46
Steelers over Lions

What I think will happen: :(
AFC
Patriots over Steelers, Ravens over Texans
Patriots over Ravens

NFC
Giants over Falcons, Lions over Saints
Packers over Lions, 49ers over Giants
Packers over 49ers

SB46
Patriots over Packers

Tycho
01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Another name for the Packers versus the Patriots is "Clash of the Titans."

That would be an interesting game to watch.

The Chargers are out of it and our front office is slated to be purged.

Darth Metalmute
01-02-2012, 02:34 PM
I'll go with:
New Orleans over Detroit
Cincinnati over Houston
New York over Atlanta
Pittsburgh over Denver to end the Tebow experiment.

Then I'll take:
Green Bay over New York
New England over Cincinnati
Pittsburgh over Baltimore
New Orleans over San Francisco

In the Championship games:
New Orleans over Green Bay
Pittsburgh over New England

Super Bowl:
New Orleans over Pittsburgh

JimJamBonds
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Another name for the Packers versus the Patriots is "Clash of the Titans."

That would be an interesting game to watch.
That'd be one high scoring game!

....in theory.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Anybody notice that Tebow came up 6 yards short of an interesting :evil: 2011 rushing total?

Now, the coaches begin to fall. :(

Lord Malakite
01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
What I'd want to have happen:
AFC
Patriots over Steelers, Ravens over Texans
Patriots over Ravens

NFC
Giants over Falcons, Saints over Lions
Giants over Packers, 49ers over Saints
49ers over Giants

SB46
49ers over Patriots

JimJamBonds
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Now, the coaches begin to fall. :(
I'm not surprised about St. Louis, but how did Norv keep his job? I presume he'll be on double secret probation. And there might be an opening in Indy? Whaa? And...ahhh... 'that guy' getting it in Tampa?

Darth Metalmute
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Odd how the only game that was supposed to be a blowout turned into an upset.

Thanks for not putting the nail in the Tebow coffin, Pittsburgh. I guess we're stuck with him now for another year.

JimJamBonds
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm more concerned about having to hear about it for the next week.

sith_killer_99
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Go Denver!:evil:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Go Denver!:evil:They did. Go home to watch the other teams on TV, that is. And the first 15-win team to lose their first playoff game is... Green Bay? Who's left?
Baltimore beats New England.
San Fran beats NY Giants.
Ravens get their 2nd Lombardy trophy, and drops SF from the ranks of the undefeated SB teams.

Darth Metalmute
01-19-2012, 09:00 PM
I'll take the Giants to avenge their only Super Bowl loss by beating the Ravens.

JimJamBonds
01-20-2012, 01:02 PM
I'll take the Giants to avenge their only Super Bowl loss by beating the Ravens.
That is imho the least appealing matchup. Sf vs ne would be my 'prefered' matchup.

Darth Metalmute
01-21-2012, 09:10 PM
That is imho the least appealing matchup. Sf vs ne would be my 'prefered' matchup.

Yeah it is the least appealing, but I think its the most likely.

sith_killer_99
01-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Gonna be New England vs San Francisco in the Superbowl.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Gonna be New England vs San Francisco in the Superbowl.That would be the worst matchup for me personally. Do not like the Patriots; can't do it. Can't let 'em win. Since the late '80s, I have despised the Football Franchise from SF (only recently able to speak their team nickname again), although their recent doldrum period has softened that hatred.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I am SO psyched for today's game! (let's see how long this thread goes un-replied; maybe it'll be until a week from now even :rolleyes: ). Go, that team!

sith_killer_99
01-29-2012, 01:10 PM
The big game is NEXT weekend. :p

Go NY...or NE...either way, whatever.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
I think that was the best SB halftime show ever. Favorite commercial? The apocolypse Chevy truck one (Twinkee's, burning Bob's Big Boy, slamming Fords, etc.). Oh, and the game ended, too, with a team winning their 4th Lombardi trophy.

Tycho
02-06-2012, 03:48 AM
I did not watch the superbowl. I watched young indiana jones in world war 1 and I practiced my guitar

Lord Malakite
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I wish San Fran would of been there instead of NY. I did win a free large one-topping pizza and 2-liter of Pepsi Max from Papa John's for the coin toss though. So I can't complain too much.

My favorite commercials were the M&M strip party and the Vampires car ad.

JimJamBonds
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I only started 'caring' with 57 seconds left in the game....most of the commercials I thought stunk.

Lord Malakite
02-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah, most of the commercials were kind of lackluster this year.

Darth Metalmute
02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
I enjoyed the cheetah one. And the fact the Giants won.

DarthQuack
02-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Yaaay! The NY Giants are the Super Bowl champions!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
No real big surprises in the first 20-some picks in the draft so far. Am surprised by the number of trades, though.

Darth Metalmute
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Broncos trade out of first round, but at least Tebows' a Jet so it evens out.

figrin bran
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
We have not had an SSG Fantasy Football league for several seasons now but would there be any interest for the coming season?

I could even set the league up if need be.

Tycho
08-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Maybe Combine it with the 2013 discussion thread?

DarthQuack
08-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I know Cappy has a league set up, I'll direct him to this thread.

Tycho
08-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Theyre going to call this the 2013 season since the superbowl is played next january or february. The thread should be called 2013.

Darth Metalmute
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Actually, this year is the 2012 season.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, the Super Bowls are often listed by their actual year played, but the season is the regular games one. Thus, the '68 Jets won the '69 SB III.

DarthQuack
08-16-2012, 10:14 AM
On Yahoo for fantasy

id: 193511
pw: tebow

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Well, at this rate, every single road team will win this year. :ifthesetrendscontinue:

And again, unless he wants to almost die, Steeler Ryan Clark can't play in Denver. :mad: I wish the NFL would allow him to be the 54th man on the roster, be able to suit up and play one down, then come out of the game.

Darth Metalmute
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
I wish the NFL would allow him to be the 54th man on the roster, be able to suit up and play one down, then come out of the game.

What good would that do?

JimJamBonds
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Theyre going to call this the 2013 season since the superbowl is played next january or february. That would be Febuary.
The thread should be called 2013.
Actually it should be called 2012-2013

Bel-Cam Jos
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
What good would that do?Simply allow him to not lose a game played in his career because of a disease that kills at high elevations. He wants to help his team by playing, but the coaches wisely hold him out to save his life. Let him be able to do so, in spirit, that's all.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Look at all those 1-1 teams after week 2, prior to the SNF and MNF games (which will add 2 more). Steelers look like the Steelers we (mostly? :rolleyes: ) all know and love.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, I guess NFL rules require this statement about the replacement refs...

(quote removed due to overuse and lack of originality)

Look at these 1-2 teams:
Pittsburgh
New England
Green Bay
Denver
Detroit

Or these 0-and or and-0 teams:
New Orleans, Cleveland (0-3)
Arizona, Atlanta, Houston (3-0)

Somehow, I think the '72 Dolphins will be popping their champagne early this year.

Darth Metalmute
09-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I love the NFL's response. They never said the officials got it right, just that they were right not to overturn it.

JimJamBonds
09-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I love the NFL's response. They never said the officials got it right, just that they were right not to overturn it.I don't know whats going on nationally but living in the GB radio "area"...wow, its pretty much all thats been talked about today. #letsomethingelsehappensothenewscyclecanchange

Bel-Cam Jos
11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Well, the Steelers survive in overtime at home versus KC, plus losing Big Ben to a throwing shoulder injury is insulting. Next week is Baltimore, too. Go, Big Byron! (for a week or two, I suppose)

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2012, 07:28 PM
It's time for my annual anti-Jets rant. Here goes:

Fire Rex!!
Fire Tony Sparano!!
Fire Mike Tannenbaum (the GM)!!
Move the team to Los Angeles!! okay maybe not that one

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Leftwich did a yeoman's job last night, but I wonder if his obvious injury meant Charlie Batch should've been put in. Considering all the Steelers' injuries, they did a good job; but, now a 2-game deficit in the division isn't good at all.

Darth Metalmute
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Batch should have gone in. I haven't been up of Steeler insider information, but why wasn't Batch the backup in the first place? He filled in well for Ben after his suspension last year..

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
I think it was purely due to Leftwich's stronger arm; but when your ribs hurt, you can't throw too well, short or long. Wonder who'll end up as their 4th (now 2nd) stringer; is Dennis Dixon unsigned?

Darth Metalmute
11-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Brian Hoyer.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
So what do the Steelers do with their issues at the QB spot? Why, they sign WR Plaxico, of course. Wonder what JetsAndHeels thinks of that.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-02-2012, 10:49 PM
A big, big win in Baltimore today keeps Pittsburgh in the playoff hunt (even the division race, too). If Roethlisberger can come back HEALTHY soon, they have a chance to do some damage as a lower-seeded team (remember that 2005 season?). But California's AFC teams did not help the Steelers, with the Browns and Bengals winning road games.

QLD
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Just curious what everyone else thinks about the Falcons. I know our schedule has been pretty weak, but i love how the seem to find ways to win almost every game. I'm not convinced we are real contenders yet, but nobody looks dominant this year. If we can get to the playoffs healthy with home field, I think they have as good a shot as anyone.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Just curious what everyone else thinks about the Falcons.Today, they looked strong.

Steelers v. Cowboys? Ugh. It's looking harder for them to get into the dance, but they're not done yet.

Darth Metalmute
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I hope tonights game holds up. Denver will get a first round by if SF wins...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I hope tonights game holds up. Denver will get a first round by if SF wins...

Last night's loss vs. Seattle, by craptacular fashion (50-17 L) cemented the Bills 8th consecutive losing season and 13th consecutive season of not making the playoffs.

Now that they are officially out, true to form, they will string together a few meaningless wins to further hurt their draft position. In all of those losing seasons, rarely have they had a Top 5 pick because of outstanding mediocrity. They can't even lose right.

As long as the Patriettes lose, I don't care who wins it all this year.

JimJamBonds
12-17-2012, 09:38 PM
... because of outstanding mediocrity. .
Is that sort of like jumbo shrimp?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Or a spectacular failure?

Hey LBC, at least you guys don't have a 20-year losing streak and playoff-less streak like the Pittsburgh Pirates, longest in North American pro sports history. :( :Pirate:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2012, 06:37 PM
This weekend, if TE Tony Gonzalez, who's worn #88 for his career, catches his first pass for 8 yards and doesn't score, he'll have 88 receptions for 888 yards and 8 TDs this season. Oh, and the Steelers need to beat the Bengals this week to have any chance of The Playoffs.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2012, 09:34 PM
And Gonzalez messes it up by only catching a NINE yard pass. :frus:

But with the Steelers; aaaand end scene. :cry: On the post-season, that is. Just win next week to end at .500.

Darth Metalmute
12-31-2012, 02:35 AM
Thanks to a epic Texans collapse, the Broncos get home field throughout the playoffs.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Odd, that there were only 2 teams to finish at 8-8: Dallas and Pittsburgh. Steelers need health in '13. Their team is sound, if the players can be on the field.

Here's to a Texans/Falcons SB, which ratings geeks would loathe. :rolleyes:

sith_killer_99
12-31-2012, 01:34 PM
I just gotta say I'm happy with Denver this year. Manning is working out well, much better than Tebow.

DarthQuack
01-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Giants sucked the 2nd half of the season...no surprise there as they usually end up squeaking in....I'm rooting for Denver and Manning.

Tycho
01-13-2013, 04:20 AM
I watched the double-overtime game with Baltimore and Denver (rooting for Denver).

Though I was disappointed with the ending, what a GREAT game to watch!

The Ravens and Broncos reminded me of how much FUN a football game could be.

38-35 in 2 OT.

Lord Malakite
01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
My team is still in it. Go 49ers!:biggrin:

Darth Metalmute
01-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Denver was responsible for the single worst playoff play ever. You can't let them tie a game with 31 seconds left.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Denver was responsible for the single worst playoff play ever. You can't let them tie a game with 31 seconds left.No, that would be an 80-yard OT catch-and-run play that the Steelers gave away to Tebow's Broncos. :( I think I'm hoping for a coaching Brothers Bowl Baltimore/49ers SB, with the AFC winning.

Darth Metalmute
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
No, that would be an 80-yard OT catch-and-run play that the Steelers gave away to Tebow's Broncos. :( I think I'm hoping for a coaching Brothers Bowl Baltimore/49ers SB, with the AFC winning.

But at least that was a play action pass against a running team on the first play of overtime.
The number one rule in preserving a lead is to not let the WR's get behind you ever.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
But at least that was a play action pass against a running team on the first play of overtime.
The number one rule in preserving a lead is to not let the WR's get behind you ever.Okay; I'll give you that one. Although, in 2011, the #1 rule was not to have Tebow as the opposing QB when preserving a lead.

I guess I have to root for the Ravens now. Go, the AFC North division...

Teams that B-CJ wants to see in the SuperBowl, by weird math:
- Baltimore Ravens: 37%
- Atlanta Falcons: 1 of 4
- San Francisco 49ers: 3 for 9
- New England Patriots: negative 0

JimJamBonds
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I just gotta say I'm happy with Denver this year. Manning is working out well, much better than Tebow.Is he?

I don't care for the Brothers Harbaugh and I don't like Ray Ray either. I'm not a big fan of Darth Hoodie...so I guess Atl and NE with ATL taking it all.

JimJamBonds
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping for the SB to end in a 0-0 tie.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-21-2013, 09:51 AM
Now that the rules are different, I'm not sure if I want the first OT Super Bowl (but they're not all that different, I guess). But a 2-0 game would be awesome!

Things that haven't happened in a SB. Yet.
- overtime
- shutout
- 4 TD scored
- coach ejected
- snow falling ON the field
- ball hits bird in-flight
- Stanford band multiple laterals on last play to win the game
- 2-pt conversion to win game late in 4th qtr

Darth Metalmute
01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
We haven't had a fifth down either.
We will probably have the snow fall next year.

JimJamBonds
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Now that the rules are different, I'm not sure if I want the first OT Super Bowl (but they're not all that different, I guess). But a 2-0 game would be awesome!

- overtime
- shutout
- 4 TD scored
- coach ejected
My thoughts on the chances of that happening next weekend...

Maybe.
Nope.
Do you mean 4 by the same guy? Doubt it.
I'm hoping for a double ejection!
Nope.
Also doubtful.
Since I haven't heard that Stanford will or will not be there I can't really comment.
That'd be pretty cool, but I doubt that will be the case.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Pro Bowl! Yeah! Woo-hoo!

[waits...]

I predict the Bayou Crickets will beat the Oakland Apathetics in this "all-star" "game" today. :o After Manti Teo does the coin flip. Or does he...? :eek:

It was kinda cool years back; now it stinks. Why? #1: moved from after the Super Bowl when fans or players might actually care about one more pro football game, instead of the who-cares feeling before the bigger game, and when several of the top players are out (playing in the SB in a week, just lost the conference title game, became "injured" somehow, etc.). #2: salaries are so high that the "measly" $50K for winning isn't motivation to play hard anymore (if you're so worried about injuries, don't let players out of your sight ever: at home [video cameras], on vacation [hire a PI], doing anything physical anywhere [hire a valet or bodyguard], going out to clubs or anyplace where they might meet another human being [contracts specifically prohibit]). C'mon. :mad:

JimJamBonds
01-30-2013, 09:57 PM
The Pro Bowl sucks, I'd say its between that and the NHL all star game as to which is the biggest joke in pro sports. For my money baseball's all star game is the best.

I thought moving it to the off week would make it better but the players just don't care anymore. Far too many opt out, the game is a joke and should be dropped.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Interesting non-SB and non-deer antler pro football news: Hall of Fame annoucements (not surprised: J. Ogden and L. Allen; surprised: W. Sapp in, J. Bettis and E. DeBartolo not; about time: C. Carter, B. Parcells), awards (AD for MVP and offensive, easy pick of Watt for defensive, RG3 for rookie).

And for fun, find a lead-in line to fit this ROJ exchange, as it relates to the Brothers Harbaugh:

"I understand. When he comes back, I won't get in the way."
"No, it's not like that. He's my brother."

Bel-Cam Jos
02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
- overtime
- shutout
- 4 TD scored
- coach ejected
- over a 1/2 hour power outage delay just after halftimeI have amazing powers of prediction... and ret-con'ing. :p