PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Seattle?

DarthSeattle
03-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Anyone in the Seattle area find anything worth noting?

PloKoon2385
03-06-2002, 05:28 PM
I haven't seen ANYTHING lately. I have just been ordering online. I suggest going to Dnstoys.com, they are based in Washington so their shipping time isn't that long and their customer service and prices are great. I did see the Anniversary Packs, but those are nothing special because they are everywhere now.

DarthSeattle
03-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Thanks, Plo Koon for that response. Toys R Us has been terrible. I found evidence at Wal Mart that the Zutton wave is there. Do you live in, north, south or east of Seattle?

PloKoon2385
03-07-2002, 12:35 AM
I live in Woodinville. Which, if you don't know, is near Redmond, and Bothell.

DarthSeattle
03-07-2002, 10:09 AM
I live in Lynnwood. So I take it that you go to the Target in Woodinville quite a bit. Is the Lynnwood Toys R Us the closest to you or do you go to Bellevue? And the only Wal Mart close enough to either one of us is near Mill Creek.

PloKoon2385
03-07-2002, 05:27 PM
No I don't like the Woodinville Target, so I usually avoid them. Besides people I know (who go to my school) work there so I can't buy any toys without suffering a world of embarrassment. I go to the Wal-Mart occasionally, but I never find anything there. I have been going to the Bellevue TRU lately because I know someone who works at the Lynwood TRU too. Sad...

DarthSeattle
03-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Plo Koon,

Are you in high school or college. It's too bad you have to avoid a few establishments because of people you know. But you shouldn't worry about it. You are "collecting" as opposed to "playing". I once thought as you do, but I've had the last laugh as people "oohh" and "aahh" when they see my collection. What are your thoughts?

dickgrayson22
03-08-2002, 12:11 PM
hey fellow star wars junkies
i found the episode 2 preview figures at walmart in Bremerton Washington.
they had just stocked them on march 7th (thats what the price tag indicated).
all four are there for $6.44 each.
happy hunting and good luck.
Darth Cerdan

DarthSeattle
03-08-2002, 12:44 PM
I'll check my local Wal*Mart after work today!

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 05:58 PM
:sur: Actually, I do play with them.:stupid: I love to play with them, because that is what they are for. I am also going to Wal Mart very soon.

DarthSeattle
03-08-2002, 07:08 PM
It's ok to play with them, too. You are right, that is what they are for. But you didn't answer my question: are you in high school, college, or other?

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 07:52 PM
Oh, sorry, I am in high school. A place where you must be very cautious about your appearance, because rumors spread like the bubonic plague...:sur: :rolleyes: :frus: :stupid:

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 02:12 AM
Well I checked TRU in Lynwood, Target in Lynwood, and Wal Mart in Mill Creek. I found no preview figs at Wal Mart. I found NOTHING at Target. But at TRU, I found the FX-7 wave, and the Lando wave. There was abundance of them all. They also had all three of the 25th Anniversary 2-packs. But, no AT-STs, no preview, no Eeth Koth, and no BoShek.:( Good luck! Tell me if you find any preview figures.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 02:14 AM
I found them here in yakima, 5 or 6 cases of them. My friend is going up to the Just for Fun toyshow this sunday in bothell. He might have some extras when he visits the show.

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 02:20 AM
What did you find? Specify. I didn't even know there WAS a toy show in Bothell... hmm....... too bad I am going to my best friends birthday party. Nuts...

DarthSeattle
03-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the answer Plo Koon. What grade are you in?

I found the same things at TRU in Lynnwood. Within the last hour (it's now 11:00am on Saturday), I found Zam Wessel at Wal*Mart in Mill Creek! I was told that the preview figures were not supposed to be put out and that it was an accident. Oh well, at least I got one of the four. Hopefully they'll have more "accidents".

Mr. Sci Fi, extras of what?

Happy hunting to the rest of you Washingtonians.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 02:09 PM
Well what I found was about 15 or so of each of the four preveiw figs. Jango, Zam , R3 and Clone Trooper. I bought a couple sets for my self and told some friends of mine about them, after that they all dissappeared.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 03:26 PM
Another friend just called me and he found a case of the preview figures at the yakima target just this morning.

The bothell show is a great little show called "Just for Fun Toyshow" It's put on sunday at the lakecity community center, it's just a couple blocks west of fred myers. I beleive the shows time is 10 to 4.

Another friend of mine is going to head down to kennewick (tricities), so I guess I'm going to go for the ride and see what I can find.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by DarthSeattle

Mr. Sci Fi, extras of what?

Happy hunting to the rest of you Washingtonians.

Of all the preview figs, he bought more than I think he needs.

DarthSeattle
03-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the info. Do you have an address for the Just For Fun Toy Show?

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 09:21 PM
ARG! What time were you at Wal Mart Darth Seattle? I am so unlucky. Oh well, I am going to Bellevue tonight.

Mr Sci Fi
03-09-2002, 11:54 PM
lake city community center
12531 28th ave. ne

go to mapquest.com to get a map

PloKoon2385
03-10-2002, 01:27 AM
Is he going to be selling the figs? Do you know how much he'll be selling for? I went to Bellevue, nothing. I am in 11th grade Darth Seattle.

PloKoon2385
03-15-2002, 12:37 AM
Well I went out again to Wal Mart and to TRU and Target. I found NO preview figs. So, I ordered them from Yestertoys.com. Oh well, I will get them soon enough. I did however find the Eeth Koth wave at the Lynwood TRU. I already have them so I didn't buy any, but they still had plenty left. Has anyone found the AT-ST in WA?

Deoxyribonucleic
03-15-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr Sci Fi
I found them here in yakima

OMG!!! Intelligent life has come out of Yakima??? Holy Mother of God! I can't believe anyone on HERE is from THERE! You must get out...get out while you can! :D

No offense to you Mr. Sci Fi, I used to live there "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away." and I try to forget about it. I just can't believe someone else knows the place even exists. ROFL

My poor, poor sister still lives there too :( We've been trying to get here out for years now LOL.

No in all seriousness, I grew up in Selah/Yakima and I must say, it kept me an honest, good kid living out in the sticks playing with cows and horses :) I honestly had a wonderful childhood and wouldn't give it up for anything. In fact, I got my very first Star Wars figures (stormtrooper and c3p0 in 1977) from the K-mart in Union Gap (if it's still there, I don't know I haven't been there in 15 or so years). Is it still there? :)

Take care mr sci-fi... see ya round these parts :)

Mr Sci Fi
03-16-2002, 05:43 AM
The kmart is still there, right by the sewer plant as it always been. I make it out of this hell hole every week or two, I have a bro in everett and a bro and sis down in vancover. Actually it'a a nice setup I have for weekend trips for comic shows and others when I have the cash.

PloKoon2385
03-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Hi Darth Seattle, they were gone when I got there (you know what I am talking about.) I did however, get three of the four. No Jangos....:( Targets have them. I don't know about the others, haven't looked. Thanks again Darth Seattle.

PloKoon2385
03-17-2002, 04:37 PM
All the Targets in my area (Eastside) have them. No Jangos left and few clonetroopers, but plenty of Zams and R3-T7s.

DarthSeattle
03-18-2002, 12:01 AM
This has been a good weekend in terms of finding things. I'm pretty current with all the figures, all I need now is the AT-ST. Hope all you fellow collectors in the area are doing equally as well.

I'm certainly happy to hear that you seem to be doing ok, Plo Koon!

PloKoon2385
03-19-2002, 07:20 PM
I have created a Yahoo!Group dedicated to us Seattle (and WA) Star Wars collectors. It is at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SeattleSWCollectibles
If you are interested, join! I could use help with things too. Tell your friends! I will post finds and also info, thanks!
I found Jango Fett at Redmond Target, along with the whole set. I think some employee found a hidden set and set them back on the pegs. There was one Jango and one Clone Trooper. Fishy... I hope everyone is finding the Preview figs as well. They don't seem like they'll be too hard to find if you haven't found them already.