PDA

View Full Version : The Jedi Force Collection

Tycho
08-25-2011, 07:07 PM
I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Jedi Force figures (new small size with vehicles).

Myself? I'm picking and choosing, buying only vehicles (the occasional figure) to complete my Galactic Heroes sets.

I got Luke's Landspeeder (props to Hasbro!)

I also bought JarJar (with CW Anakin).

I'm hoping for more vehicles that I can use with my GHs:

Sandcrawler
TIE Fighter
Sailbarge
Imperial Shuttle
Radiant 7
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT Tank
Bongo Sub
Sith Infiltrator
Republic Gunship
Geonosian fighter
Dooku's solar sailor
Droid Tri-Fighter
General Grievous' fighter
Padme's starskiff (they could use the figure-vehicle mold one)
Grievous' Fighter

These might be the best choices for kids.

How about a Jedi Force version of the Hailfire Droid? The missiles are fixed on "bricks" below their launchers. Rolling the droid causes a spring mechanism to make the "bricks" rise and fall, so the missiles extend out of their launch tubes and fall back in as the droid rolls? No actual launching parts for kids to choke on. Yes / no?

Beast
09-24-2011, 03:57 PM
You might get your wish on the Tie-Fighter, Tycho. This popped up on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Force-Fighter-Trooper/dp/B0050QJPUK

Beast
09-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Tycho's thread seems to be more of a "Wish List" thread, but I guess it'll do.

I never really got into Galactic Heroes. I liked a lot of what I saw, but I was more into Super Hero Squad. I considered jumping on board a few times, but typically older releases were ungodly expensive on the secondary market. But with the end of GH and the start of Jedi Force, I decided to jump on board since I really liked wat I saw. It fixed some of the design issues I had with the old Galactic Heroes line. The squatting poses and lack of much articulation. Loving the simple packaging on these. Though I do worry that it's going to promote theft in the stores. The $5-$6 price point might help prevent that though, as it's fairly nice for what you get.

Picked up 3 sets so far. Anakin Skywalker/Jar Jar Binks, Darth Vader/Stormtrooper, and Han Solo/Chewbacca.

Anakin Skywalker & Jar Jar Binks:
This is the set that kicked off my desire to collect these. Since I tend to buy everything Jar Jar for my collection. And comparing this Jar Jar to the same outfit version from Galactic Heroes shows this line is a clear winner. Really loving the Anakin Skywalker figure as well. The articulation is simple, but it really elevates these figures beyond the GH line. Only real complaint I have for this set, is the fact that it's Clone Wars themed rather than Prequel themed. But otherwise very cool. Hopefully if they do another Anakin or Jar Jar at some point, we get ones that are from the films. A note: Anakin's paintjob is slightly different on the version that comes with vehicles.

Darth Vader and Stormtrooper:
I was going to get the Obi-Wan/Commander Cody set next, but the two they had showed some paint issues with Obi-Wan's beard. But I am pretty pleased with the Darth Vader and StormTrooper set. The Vader is clearly ANH inspired, given the red paint on the lenses of his mask. It could be a bit darker red, but it's a kids toy... and Vader needs a splash of color. The Stormtrooper is fantastic as well, and I hope we see an army builder pack at some point in this line. One for each movie would be great over time. Maybe... ANH: Stormtrooper/Rebel Fleet Trooper, ESB: Snowtrooper/Hoth Rebel Trooper, ROTJ: Biker Scout/Endor Rebel Soldier. Just a thought.

Han Solo and Chewbacca:
I wasn't going to pick this set up initially, since I probably will get the Falcon set eventually with Han and Chewbacca. But I noticed that the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures have paint differences in the ones that come with vehicles. Not sure whether or not the same can be said for the Han/Chewbacca set though. But I am happy I picked it up. There isn't all that much to really say about Han Solo, other than I can't wait to get the Snowspeeder so I can get Hoth Han. Chewbacca's just awesome though, love his smile. And I like that they seem to care about scale for the line. As Vader, Chewbacca, and Jar Jar are somewhat taller than the others.

Tycho
10-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Beast, I can only hope the TIE you linked to is of the kind that I'd like.

More likely, it is the repackaged Darth Vader TIE that they already made for Galactic Heroes. The figures it includes are comprised of Vader and a Stormtrooper, rather than say, Wedge and a TIE Pilot.

Hasbro has a nice Vader TIE mold and it would make sense that they use it.

Thus far, they've re-employed (with some retooling):

The Falcon
The Snowspeeder (I believe)

The other vehicles they already made for GH must be forthcoming.

Though I didn't want the prequel speeder bikes (and I do want prequel vehicles like the Gunship), it is nice that they offered these.

Hopefully, the JediForce line will strike a balance between GH re-releases, and all new molds like my beloved Landspeeder.

Beast
10-07-2011, 08:43 AM
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was just a repackaged Vader's TIE Fighter. Since I don't own it as of yet, since I'm never really got into the Galactic Heroes line. But I hope the regular TIE Fighter w/ TIE Pilot gets made also.

I just wish we'd hear some news about the next wave of the Jedi Force line. And hopefully there will be some more villains in the release as well. Since we only have Darth Vader and Stormtrooper. And a debatable Commander Cody, since he's not really a baddy until Order 66 is implemented.

I'm hoping for something like the following...

Qui-Gon Jinn & Darth Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi (AotC) & Count Dooku
Grand Moff Tarkin & Princess Leia
Lando Calrissian & Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker (Jedi) & Emperor Palpatine

Tycho
10-07-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm definitely interested in a Qui-Gon Jinn from your list.

As you can imagine, my wants are more limited because I don't plan to repurchase items I have in the GH format.

I select my SideShow 12" in a similar manner (not re-buying what Hasbro covered).

Beast
10-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Watching Scum's live coverage right now. More Jedi Force announced/shown during the Hasbro Panel.

"Darth Maul & Sith Speder, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Jinn"

Awesome! Glad to see some more of these being released. And it makes sense to mine Episode 1.

Tycho
10-14-2011, 07:10 PM
I'll be buying Qui-Gon for sure.

I think they're holding back on this line for the moment to see how it does - or for Toy Fair in February.

Beast
11-30-2011, 08:32 PM
It looks like Target has an exclusive Adventure Pack for the line hitting shelves now. For $14.99

The Clone Wars Adventure Pack. Comes with Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, R4-P17, and 2 GH Destroyer Droids.

I know some Galactic Heroes fans may complain about the re-use, but it makes sense with these.

Darth Vedder
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Looking forward to seeing the new wave. Got everything but Anakins ship, bike, obi's bike. Will most likely buy all of the upcoming as well. My kids love then\m...as do I...;)

sith_killer_99
01-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I bought the Millennium Falcon and Luke's land speeder as well as Vader/Stormtrooper, Han/Chewie, Luke/Yoda, and C-3PO/R2-D2 for my son for Christmas.

He loves them!

Darth Vedder
01-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Anyone know if there is any update about the new releases coming out this month?

Tycho
01-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Good question.

I don't know that they're making more, but I hope so.

Boba Fett would be useful, as would Qui-Gon. Even Quinlan Vos for a turn to the unexpected. He'd be my first and only EU choice for Jedi Force right now.

Meanwhile, I think I've listed my vehicle wants many times.

But to reitterate Darth Vedder's question: when will we know if there are to be more Jedi Force?

I'd say that with Toy Fair being next month, that could be when we find out. The current Jedi Force figures will have then been available for nearly 6 months (about 4-5 I'd guess, but stuff shown at Toy Fair won't ship until it'll have been about 7-8 months, if that early).

Darth Vedder
01-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Not sure I can wait that long!! ;)

Darth Vedder
01-27-2012, 09:14 PM
New Legos coming Feb. 10th...shelves are empty of figures. Think this will be when the new Jedi Forsc is released?

Tycho
01-28-2012, 02:01 AM
They haven't shown any new JediForce though - not that I know of.

I think Toy Fair is in another week or 2 (early to mid-February).

Then the new JediForce stuff should be shown and probably see the earliest release by Spring, perhaps in time for Easter gifts.

What I really want is a Republic Gunship!!!

I can't think of a better vehicle for this line (and the Republic Gunship is NOT my favorite Star Wars vehicle or anything - I just think it would really work for the kid play pattern of the JediForce collection).

Darth Vedder
01-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Cool. I know there are supposedly new figures hitting the shelves on Monday and then the Legos are supposed to hit WalMart shelves on the 10th of February.

Darth Vedder
01-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Toys R Us has all the new Legos and Star Wars items out today. No new Jedi Force, but the ones they had were 25% off...too bad we have most of them...lol.

Darth Vedder
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Found these:

Darth Metalmute
01-31-2012, 08:56 PM
How disappointing that its the Vader TIE Fighter instead of the regular TIE.

Beast
02-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, a regular TIE Fighter would have been cool...

But I don't have the previous GH Vader's TIE. So I'll be picking this one up. :)

Darth Vedder
02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Agree...would've liked the regular...but I'll be getting both of these for my boys.

Tycho
02-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I would buy:

Sandcrawler
TIE Fighter
Sailbarge
Imperial Shuttle
Radiant 7
Queen's Royal Starship
AAT Tank
Bongo Sub
Sith Infiltrator
Republic Gunship
Geonosian fighter
Dooku's solar sailor
Droid Tri-Fighter
General Grievous' fighter
Padme's starskiff (they could use the figure-vehicle mold one)
Grievous' Fighter

I don't care so much about figures, myself, as I am using my Galactic Heroes ones for the most part and do not prefer to start collecting another line.

Darth Vedder
02-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Found these:

These two sets are now on the Hasbro website...not yet available for sale but they are on there...

Beast
02-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Judging from the TF display, after the Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan and Darth Maul & Sith Speeder sets... the next sets are General Grievous & Battle Droid and a 2-Pack of Clone Troopers. Not sure of the exact versions, though one looks like an Arc Trooper.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/jedi-force/p41327-jedi-force.html

Darth Vedder
02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
I like it...I like it a lot! Any idea when they hit the stores?

Tycho
02-13-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm definitely getting qui-gon! I don't need obi-wan though.

Darth Vedder
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6qeUoRbucg

Darth Vedder
02-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I guess these are hitting stores now? There are a couple from one guy on eBay already...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110828106877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360435495304?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Beast
02-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up Darth, I'll have to start looking for them. :)

Darth Vedder
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
If you see them, let me know where you find them. I'll start looking this week at the usual suspects. They were NOT at Toys R Us this past weekend, but in my experience, they're usually last to get them on the shelves...at least the ones in my area are...lol.

Darth Vedder
03-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Anyone seen them in the stores yet?

Darth Vedder
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Found Darth Maul and the Qui Gon/Obi Wan sets in Target today...

Beast
03-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Found Darth Maul and the Qui Gon/Obi Wan sets in Target today...
Good to hear! :)

Beast
03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Picked up he Clone Wars Wars Adventure Pack with the 50% Off coupon today at Target.

$7.49 is a great deal. Looks like most of the 2-Packs were sold out.

So hopefully that means they'll restock with the Maul/Speeder and Obi/Qui packs soon.

Darth Vedder
03-31-2012, 09:15 AM
That's a great deal Beast. I was thinking of using that coupon and getting Anakin's ship for my boys for Easter. They pretty much have everything but the Millenium Falcon and Anakins ship. I just am not crazy about the quality of his ship so I may just wait for the two new ships. I got a great deal on the Millenium Falcon though on eBay...$18.50 shipped. Brand New without the original box. Should be here next week...

Darth Vedder
03-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Now that I think about it, I still have that adventure pack put away somewhere...have had it since Christmas...lol.

Beast
04-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Anybody interested in the Millenium Falcon playset... it's only $14.99 at K-Mart. Good deal.

Darth Vedder
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Damn...that's a great deal!! I don't think I have a KMart around me anymore.

Tycho
04-06-2012, 05:11 AM
I need to pick up Qui-Gon I think!

I didn't recollect knowing that they were making him. Awesome!

Beast
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Damn...that's a great deal!! I don't think I have a KMart around me anymore.
K-Mart.Com has them. Looks like shipping is about $5.99. So not a bad deal.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W003550346000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Darth Vedder
05-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Any one here a word on when the vehicles or next wave may be released?

Beast
12-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Picked up the "Classic Character Adventure Pack" at Target the other day. Yay Jawa!

Looks like the newest wave of Jedi Force 2-Packs are also starting to trickle into stores.

General Grevious/Battle Droid and Captain Rex/Arc Trooper. Very cool sets. Glad to see the line continuing.

Looks like the next wave will be AotC/RotS Obi-Wan/Kit Fisto and Mace Windu/Jango Fett.

Hope we get some more OT Characters revealed at Toy Fair. At least a Leia, Lando, and Boba Fett.

Tycho
12-12-2012, 07:02 PM
I can't remember WHO I want to augment my original GH character collection.

I think there's a list in this forum (of my wishlist I mean).

Anyway, new vehicles were my fondest desire for this collection. Ones we weren't offered as slightly different molds from the GH collection - like the Republic Gunship for certain.

Darth Vedder
12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Picked up the "Classic Character Adventure Pack" at Target the other day. Yay Jawa!

Looks like the newest wave of Jedi Force 2-Packs are also starting to trickle into stores.

General Grevious/Battle Droid and Captain Rex/Arc Trooper. Very cool sets. Glad to see the line continuing.

Looks like the next wave will be AotC/RotS Obi-Wan/Kit Fisto and Mace Windu/Jango Fett.

Hope we get some more OT Characters revealed at Toy Fair. At least a Leia, Lando, and Boba Fett.

Got most of the new stuff for the kids. Costco has a DarthVader Tie Fighter and X-Wing set if you have one of those near you. Got the kids that for Christmas.

Where did you see what the next wave would be beast? That would be awesome...Gotta get a Boba Fett in there too...Got to.