PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys 1989 Batman Keaton and Joker

JediTricks
08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Just got the emails for these:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901391

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901392

Hot Toys has done insane work in the past, but holy crap are these 2 figures accurate-looking! The Hot Toys eye system really shines in both galleries, and they do so much work for that Joker figure since it doesn't have an alternate portrait for the mouth.

That Keaton Batman figure though, I don't think they could have done anything better. I could see making another movie with Keaton using that figure as the basis, the 3 switch-out half-portraits are right on the money. The figure makes me think of the original Bob Kane/Bill Finger version of the character, dark and not worried about killing his enemies.

Oh if only I were a millionaire.

Beast
08-30-2011, 03:08 PM
I want that damn Joker so bad. It's a perfect representation of what I always wanted.

But ouch, way way too rich for my blood. Oh well, maybe one day I'll win the lottery.

JediTricks
08-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Free shipping, and flexpay it for $80 a month. But yeah, I do feel you, $265 is a lot of scratch even broken up over 3 months. If it were 6 months at $40, would you go for it? I could almost see doing that, but not quite. What about 4 months at $60?

Beast
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Free shipping, and flexpay it for $80 a month. But yeah, I do feel you, $265 is a lot of scratch even broken up over 3 months. If it were 6 months at $40, would you go for it? I could almost see doing that, but not quite. What about 4 months at $60?
6 months at $40.00 would be a lot easier to take. Hell, I'd even take 4 months at $60.00.

JediTricks
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
6 months at $40.00 would be a lot easier to take. Hell, I'd even take 4 months at $60.00.Yeah, the 4 month deal seems the most likely to work for both parties then, they really should offer that. I wonder if you could call and ask if they'd do it. If I had the space, I'd try for that deal with them with Keatonman, but the cost is high and my place is way under on space, so it's a double-whammy.

The PERS system for the eyes really makes that Joker figure extra unique too, a perfect sculpt and you aren't locked into one eye decision.

I saw a video on how the PERS eyes work on the TDK Batman, there's a tool that adjusts a lever inside the neck joint, it's very clever.

jedibear
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
These two figures are the rare exception to the rule for me on that PERS system...meaning, they look really good here, not creepy-weird like on other figures (that forthcoming IJ looks awful) but yeah, as fine as they look...they're too rich for my blood...

JediTricks
09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
These two figures are the rare exception to the rule for me on that PERS system...meaning, they look really good here, not creepy-weird like on other figures (that forthcoming IJ looks awful) but yeah, as fine as they look...they're too rich for my blood...I haven't had any first-hand experience with the other HT PERS figures, but these 2 stood out for me as looking absolutely amazing, whereas the previous looked "good" (except for the TDK Joker, who is supposed to look creepy :p).