PDA

View Full Version : Football Fantasy '11

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
This will be a different season in my league for several reasons. Today's our draft (a farther distance to drive for the first time in 2 years), so I'll have a better idea of my new team's capabilities after selecting the 2011 Womp Rats tonight.

Is there still a SSG owner's league? Don't tell anyone, but this might be my last in this league (due to those aforementioned reasons/changes) and I might seek one where I know more of the owners, even "virtually" friendly people, for 2012 (if the world's still around, of course :p ).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I got the first overall pick (took a "sleeper" RB from the Vikings :p ), but did average at best with my other picks. Looks like my starters will be:
QB (T.Romo DAL... only returning pick from last my year's team)
RB (A.Peterson MIN, R.Grant GB)
WR (M.Wallace PIT, B.Edwards SF)
TE (V.Davis SF)
Flex (?... M.Bush OAK? R.Williams CHI?)
K (M.Crosby GB)
DEF (Saints)

We shall see.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Hello? Anybody out there? No one wants to know that for the first time ever, my squad started the year with the worst record and lowest points scored. Hooray. :(

Darth Metalmute
09-13-2011, 08:35 PM
I won my first game with the second biggest blowout.

I love my team this year.
QB: A. Rodgers
WR: G. Jennings, M. Manningham, M. Austin, H. Ward, L. Moore, R. Meachem, D. Branch
RB: R. Bush, R. Mathews, M. Ingram, T. Jones
TE: K. Winslow
DEF: Chicago
K: M. Prater

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Wow. That is a stacked roster.

Darth Metalmute
09-15-2011, 10:18 PM
With twelve teams too. I couldn't believe they fell in my lap.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I have a quandry: start wounded Tony Romo, when by Monday night, there'd be no other options at QB; or flustered Jay Cutler who at least is likley to start (but maybe not finish) the game.

Darth Metalmute
09-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm up 63 points with my opponent starting Romo so I'm looking good for a 3-0 start. My two starting WR were out this week, but my Saint reserves came up big, L. Moore 18.8 points - R. Meachem 11.1 points. I am currently in the market for a RB as T. Jones and R.Bush are looking like duds but if R. Mathews score me 26.9 a week then I will be fine.

I'm really upset that my league won't let me play run and shoot considering how many great wideouts I have.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I need Romo to score about 35 tonight, but not use Witten to do so. Likely? Unlikely... :(

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Mark Sanchez needs to have an exceptionally poor night tomorrow for my Womp Rats to be at 4-2 after six weeks in (but the realist in me sees 3-3).

Darth Metalmute
10-18-2011, 05:44 PM
My team went to 6-0. My kicker this week outscore everyone but Rodgers, but luckily my opponent mistakenly had half his team on a bye and had to replace them with misfits.

Darth Metalmute
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Unbeaten no more. I lost 108.89 to 108.30 thanks to Miles Austin and Pierre Garcon scoring a combined 5 FF points.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-26-2011, 08:28 PM
I was 1 1/2 points from a second week as the top scoring team, but previous bad BAD weeks of scoring have the Womp Rats' 4-3 record as only the #7 ranking in the league. But I am tied for the lead in my division (the 3 division winners automatically make the playoffs). This was a bad week for teams who didn't plan well for the bye. I am up against the top team this week; we'll see how we do.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Two game slide, with neither game close by the end of the weekend. I might have a chance this week to get back to .500, but it looks like 8-5 or better will be needed to make the playoffs in this league, for a change. That means I'd need to go 4-0 to wrap it up. Hmm.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Step one is done: Womp Rats explode for over 150 points to reach 5-5; led by RBs D. Murray (Dal), M. Bush (Oak), and A. Peterson (Min), plus a good score from QB T. Romo (Dal) and solid ones by the rest. Now ranked #5 overall, but not in first in my division.

Darth Metalmute
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I've lost at least 1 player a week due to injury before they can score a point for the past 5 weeks. result, a 1-4 stretch.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
This week, my backup QB is Cutler and my top performer overall is RB Peterson. :( These last two weeks will determine if the word "playoffs" is pronounced the way Jim Mora does it, or with more joy. I'm back over .500 (by one game) and if I win out, I'm pretty sure to make the post season (possibly as a division winner, which means an extra $$ bonus :pleased: )

But here's who's carrying the load now:
QB (T.Romo DAL)
RB (M.Bush OAK, D.Murray DAL, R.Grant GB?)
WR (M.Wallace PIT, E.Bennett CHI?, P.Garcon IND?, R.Williams CHI?, M.Thomas JAC?)
TE (V.Davis SF, E.Dickson BAL?)
K (M.Crosby GB)
DEF (??)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Not a good week 12. If I win this week, I have a shot at the playoffs (with some help, if I've factored the future well), but my chance to win the division is slim (there can be a 2- or 3-way tie, but I don't know how the tiebreakers go with three teams; if I tie with only one other, I know I'd lose on head-to-head). I maintained my #5 ranking (somehow) overall.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Well, I am out of active players, and am up by about 14 points; my opponent has RB R.Mathews tomorrow on MNF. If my other division team (which is currently up by about 10, IIRC) loses and I win, that's the only way the Womp Rats have a slim chance to make the playoffs for the 4th straight year. If not, that's all folks.

Darth Metalmute
12-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm down by 3 points with Mathews starting tomorrow with a first round bye on the line. I hope for my team, mathews gets more than 4 and less than 13 for your team. (although if he gos bat crazy and gets me 30 points, I'm the number one seed.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Then freeze time right now! Mathews has 6.7, and my opponent I need to root for has a .25 point lead. :fingerscrossed:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Sadly, not only is my season done (it was that TD that Mathews got that did me in... the yards would've been just enough to win; still not sure if I'd have earned a playoff wild card slot anyway), but likely my career in fantasy sports as well. It's time; I'm good with that.

Darth Metalmute
12-25-2011, 11:01 PM
After Aaron Rodgers 5 touchdown performance tonight, you can crown 404 - File Not Found champions.