PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Prototype Armor Boba Fett mail-away

jonthejedi
09-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Was surprised to see Hasbro cashed my 6.99 check already.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I haven't seen any of the stickers on figures yet. I like this mail-away, but then, I like almost all these "FREE" * mail-aways.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Still seeking stickers. So, seen? Sorry... :sad:

JEDIpartner
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I've not seen a single sticker on any of the figures in our area. I guess that means that we are still sitting on CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
They're showing up on the currently-shipping wave 9, which includes Ponda Baba, Bastila Shan, and the Rebel Trooper (Echo Base Battle Gear). Mixed in is some of wave 8 (which has yet to ship in its own cases), which includes the Return and Revenge of the Jedi repacks.

jonthejedi
10-06-2011, 05:28 AM
All I know is they(Hasbro) cashed my check before the new form mandates...so we'll see.

AmanaMatt
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Just mailed off for my two; hope one is mint.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I finally saw two figures with mail away stickers, and I bought the one figure I didn't yet have: Death Star Escape Luke (not the best of figures, but better than a repeat of Jedi Luke in Chains). There will be a letter with a completed form, 5 POPs, a check, and a Gregory-Peck-as-Atticus-Finch stamp in the mail tomorrow. :pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
The first one I mailed off shows its check is now cashed; the second was mailed about 3 days later, but not cashed yet.

JEDIpartner
11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I'll probably send off for mine this week. I ordered a case of wave 9 from HTS and got it a couple weeks ago. I'll de-POP the non-"Revenge" card figures and send in my cheques. Whoop-de-doo. LOL

morpheus282
11-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I sent in one form before the new & strict standards went into effect and already received the figure back. My plan was to send of for a few more over the next few weeks to have a couple for my kids, but I haven't seen a single stickered (or for that matter new) figure in these parts for a very long time. Does anyone have two or three of the forms they could stand to part with?

bigbarada
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
It's weird that people are already receiving the new mail-away Fett and I have yet to even see a single new figure with the special-offer sticker in any store within a 40 miles radius of my house.

I've had one sighting of wave 7 (RFT, Han Bespin, Bom Vimdin, etc.) back during the first weekend of August and not a single sighting of new figures since then. The pegs are nearly empty in most stores I go to, there's just no product to fill them with.

morpheus282
11-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I haven't seen new stock for months. We're still staring at pegs filled with clones and sandtroopers. If they hadn't allowed the printed form I doubt I would have ever seen this figure.

TheDarthVader
11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
same story here. my walmarts are clogged with wave 5 and 6 pegwarmers, and the target only has 4-lom, sandtroopers, clones, and rebel troopers, and r2d2. No figures with stickers!! glad i had a printed form before they changed the rules.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2011, 07:22 PM
I mailed two different offers out about 3-5 days apart, and I got #1 today. I like the extra cardboard part inside the mailer box, which made for less smooshing. The bottom left corner of the card was a little dinged. I didn't realize that this wouldn't be an all-white figure; haven't opened it yet (will see if #2 is a better carded one first). And Nom Anor looks awesome on the "collect these other figures" part; Aayla looks terrible.

AmanaMatt
11-18-2011, 12:09 AM
I received my two today, and both mint. Very cool figure

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-19-2011, 08:27 PM
I finally got a figure with the new Boba Fett sticker - a second stormtrooper with the good helmet (on a ROTJ card, no less). I'll be sending off for it soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Is this figure going to be any different than the one that was in the TAC line?

Edit: Never mind. I see a picture of it now and see that it is indeed different.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
My second one arrived today. What is it with the bottom left corner on these? The rest of the card is in great shape; I'll have to study and decide which one will be opened.

mtriv73
11-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Mine came today in pristine condition.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2011, 01:36 PM
I FINALLY sent away for one of them. I guess the other one will be mailed out in a week or so.

DarthQuack
03-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Does anyone have any extras they'd be looking to sell?

DarkJedi5
03-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I've got all the UPCs and entry forms for a few more, but not any extra figures.

DarthQuack
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Can you still send away for them? If so, would you like to make a deal for the materials? :)

Mad Slanted Powers
03-06-2012, 12:02 AM
The date on the form is 3/31.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2012, 01:19 AM
I only finally got mine in the mail the other day. The hose on the right arm split apart shortly after opening the figure . . . apart from that, it's a really cool piece.

JEDIpartner
03-06-2012, 08:59 AM
The date on the form is 3/31.

I never sent away for my second one. LOL I guess I'll do that now.

JediTricks
03-31-2012, 05:55 PM
After Bikerscout asked me for an extra mail-in form, I realized I should rethink not getting this figure, and changed my mind (I had 2 at hand, turned out he was able to get another one without me tho). Unfortunately, in trying to keep my place clear of packaging clutter, I had been tossing out all the UPCs with them, and only had a few basic figures from which to choose. I ended up using 2 of the Discover the Force in 3D walmart UPCs, a Vintage UPC, a Clone Wars UPC, and a Movie Heroes UPC - so, basically, EVERYTHING! :D I also felt these might violate the post office's "rigid items in envelope" rule so I included 20 extra cents in case it violated that - it gave me a chance to get rid of the last 2 old 32 cent stamps and one of the annoying 1 cent stamps I bought last month when postage went up. I wrote very slowly to be as clear as possible, I have poor handwriting, but I found it hard to read anyway because the background image of the figure was too dark over the form part.

I think the reason I ended up changing my mind on this figure was from just recently reading the chapter in Making of ESB about how the white Fett came together. So that's $7 I'm not getting back. :p

DarkJedi5
05-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Can you still send away for them? If so, would you like to make a deal for the materials? :)

Your Proto Boba Fett arrived, PM me for arrangements.