PDA

View Full Version : Preview Figures in Atlanta

randy52370
03-05-2002, 10:23 PM
I found 3 cases of the Preview Figures at my local Wal-Mart (Stockbridge, Georgia) tonight. The figures are awesome. Good Luck! I would have posted this in the Atlanta thread but I couldn't find it.

Emperor Howdy
03-06-2002, 01:31 AM
DOH! Randy!!:mad:

It never fails, does it!? You ALWAYS get 'em first! I think I'll hang-tight and gamble on finding them at the Conyers or Covington WalMart rather than driving to Stockbridge. Tell me, though....what figures did you find?

LooseToon
03-06-2002, 01:36 PM
Sorry to butt in here, but thanks to Randy's post last night, I took a shot at the Lawrenceville SuperWalmart and was able to score 2 sets of the preview figures this morning. I was also able to get them at the price of their regular POTJ figures, $4.74 each. The 4 figures are: Jango Fett, Zam Wesell, Clone Trooper, and R3-T7. I left 1 set on the pegs.

randy52370
03-06-2002, 05:12 PM
I found the same 4 that Loose found. They are packed 3 each per case. Good Luck!

GeneralKenobi
03-06-2002, 06:49 PM
A friend of mine picked me up a Jango at the Wal-Mart in Cartersville. Ga. Good Luck to all!

Emperor Howdy
03-06-2002, 11:18 PM
.....and for the reasons above is why I sometimes feel the urge to hug Randy........:eek:.......of course.......in a "manly hug" sort of way........wait....that doesn't sound right either.......

anyway..........moving right along......I too went on Randy's post and....

Covington WalMart had about 10 each of the 4 new preview figs. I only bought one set, so now there's about 9 :D . I believe these will be in abundance for everyone, but if anyone wants a set, let me know...........

oh yeah...I wasn't as lucky as LooseToon.....$6.44

GeneralKenobi
03-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Scored a set of preview figures tonight for $6.44 each...the lady at Wal-Mart even admitted they weren't supposed to be out yet but she was putting them out anyway...wizards!

stevenmh
03-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Found a set at the Wal-Mart in Lynchburg, VA, today.

Queen Katharine Leah
03-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Always two days late and $6.44 short.

I went shopping last night to five WalMarts, and only found Zam and the R3. I need Jango and Clonetrooper.

So you don't waste your time, I hit:

Marietta - nothing
Kennesaw - nothing
Woodstock - Zam and R3
Canton - 1 Zam left
Cartersville - 2 Zams left

Ouch. That freaking hurts. 3 hours of driving, and 2 for 4 is almost worse than 0 for 4. I would have given up after Woodstock if I hadn't found anything...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Emperor Howdy
03-09-2002, 11:54 AM
3 hours!? Jeeez, why didn't you just email me and have me stash you some at the Covington store......there's loads of 'em there. We really need to sit down and discuss the lack of communication between us lately. Is.....there.....s....ss...someone else?

Obi-Don
03-10-2002, 05:39 AM
After reading at the forums yesterday. I checked out our Wal-Mart not expecting to find anything,but to my surprise I found all 4. They had at least 7 to 10 sets and I got one set. They were not in the computer but the salesperson got them to ring up for 6.44.

I know Lagrange is far from you in Atlanta.But if you are around here give it a shot. I normally have to go to Newnan or Favettville.
But I got lucky yesterday. I hope you all find them,Good luck.

Queen Katharine Leah
03-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Howdy, sometimes idiocy takes over. I was so psyched up that they were here, and when I found the first 2, I direly needed the others. At that point, the hunt is part of the game. (Actually, that's when my obsessive/compulsive disorder kicks in...) It was pretty sucky not finding the others...until last night.

Before I go on, no Howdy, no one else! ;)

I found several unopened boxes of the preview set at WalMart at 2am today. I took out my key, opened the box...and apparently ****ed off the stock manager. He asked what I was doing, yadayadayada, and told me to give them back. He said ALL THE BOXES SAY 'NOT FOR SALE UNTIL APRIL 23' AND THAT THEY WOULDN'T RING UP. I told him I bought two already from WalMart, at which point he said employees had gotten in trouble for putting the merchandise out. I pointed out that they were preview figs, and were supposed to be released already. He seemed irritated, and said I could try to ring them out up front.

Then he said the last figs that wouldn't ring up had blue boxes, so these should work.

YES, THEY HAD SOMETIME THAT WEEK PUT OUT THE AOTC BLUE CARD FIGS ON THE SHELVES!!!!!!! OMG!!!

EVEN WORSE, THE KNOWLDEGE THAT THOSE FANTASTIC LITTLE PIECES OF PLASTIC ARE SITTING IN THE BACKS OF WALMARTS FOR THE NEXT MONTH, UNDISTURBED, WAITING TO BE PURCHASED, OPENED, AND PLAYED WITH!!!!!!!!

I was able to ring up my Jango and Clonetrooper, $6.44.

We will need to comminicate better as the motherload hits this summer...Randy seems to be our early warning system. "Good job!":D