PDA

View Full Version : SideShow is going to charge me $12.50 non-refundable for my cancelled Gree order

Tycho
09-23-2011, 12:40 AM
I ordered Gree and the Battle Droids 2-pack.

I want both and am buying both.

SideShow cancelled my Gree to re-order him under a new ticket, in order to separate him from my battle droids order. Probably because of shipment timing. I didn't read their reason further.

I got the e-mail later, after I'd re-ordered Cmdr. Gree because I want to make sure I get him and it looked like he was cancelled from my order list.

Since I don't need 2 Grees, I cancelled the 2nd one, but SideShow probably plans to charge me $12.50 for that cancelled order anyway.

I discovered this tonight.

I will phone their customer service tomorrow, as I don't need to lose even $12.50.

How many more people might this catch off guard? Perhaps my timing was just coincidental, or is this a larger conspiracy to get $12.50 more from everyone who ordered these figures together? (I believe they were offered the same day, just prior to Comic Con)

I'll follow up and post what happens when i contact SideShow later.

Tycho
09-23-2011, 12:44 AM
BTW, normally I'm ok with non-refundable pre-order fees, as that might be the only business model that could support someone starting a company to produce the capital ships for the 3 3/4" figures, like a star destroyer. At least that's how I'd structure my company - with something up front to pay the lawyer, webpage ordering system, and the designer so the project gets underway.

This was different though - it was a SideShow move that caused me to make an ordering mistake. While that's "my fault," I hope the company is sympathetic and acknowledges I never meant to own 2 Cmdr. Grees. "Enough one is," Master Yoda says.

If everyone keeps calm, no one will lose their head over this.

Darth Metalmute
09-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I have cancelled several pre orders and have not been charged by Sideshow. If you order through that flex pay, they will charge you a non-refundable portion, but I have never used that service.

El Chuxter
09-23-2011, 07:28 PM
You need to borrow a line from Robert DeNiro.

Try "UFI5tdyeGPg" on YouTube. (Don't want to link directly.)

JediTricks
09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Just email or call them up, you'll probably get Jaclyn or Daniel, they'll fix it. There's no justification for their mistake. I've canceled several times without a fee, there's still nothing on their website about this (except, as Metalmute pointed out, with Flexpay, which Gree isn't), so it's most likely a mistake on their end.

JediTricks
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Tycho, what happened with this? I just looked up the Flexpay cancellation fees and this isn't one of them, so it's not like they goofed there, it's something else.

Tycho
10-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Gree is one item (of I don't know how many others) that SideShow is charging a pre-order fee for.

Or maybe it's because of how I ordered.

I bought MOMAW NADON and Gree at the same time, in the same order, when they came available.

SideShow said they had to cancel Gree and give him a new order number. (They shipped Momaw to me a long time ago.)

So they cancelled and re-ordered him for me.

I thought he was cancelled, so I ordered him a second time. I later cancelled this one.

I've been all over SoCal at rock concerts (Queensryche) and gunfighter events, not to mention the Blue Angels / US Marine Corps Air Shows - and today is the first day I've been home for longer than 5 or 6 hours (just to sleep).

So I haven't had time to call SideShow or even open Bly - who came - uh - ???? (Whenevers ago).

Only today has the Tycho-Monster been in 'da house.

Tycho
10-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Presumably, SideShow is applying my 2nd charge of $12.50 - which was a mistake - to my Commander Gree figure, so I'll have $25 down on him, instead of just $12.50 (or that amount on 2 Grees, 1 of which I don't need).

Tycho
10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
From the main page news on SSG re: ordering Cmdr. Bacara:

The Exclusive Commander Bacara 12-inch Figure, which will include a 21st Nova Corp Galactic Marines 12-inch Figure base, will be priced at $134.99. Additionally, the regular version, without the 21st Nova Corp Galactic Marines base will be available for Pre-Order and priced at $134.99 and will have a $13.50 Non-Refundable deposit charged 24 to 48 hours after Pre-Orders of 2 pieces are placed!

What does that mean? If you order 2, then $13.50 will be charged?

Or is it supposed to mean "a $13.50 Non-Refundable deposit charged 24 to 48 hours after Pre-Orders of EITHER ONE OF THE 2 pieces are placed?"

Typos can alter the meaning of things.

Regardless, I don't care about being charged for the pre-order. But because of my mix up with Gree - and I don't think I've seen the correction made yet, I have my trepidations.