PDA

View Full Version : Wave 8

DarkJedi5
09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry if this thread already exists (I did look without success) but I figured it was time to get this thread rolling. This wave is already popping up on Amazon and Brian's Toys has shipped it to their one of each figure club members. However I told them not to bill me for this wave since they were only going to send me three figures (Ponda Baba, Bastilla Shan, and Hoth Deck Officer) but were going to charge me $60 for the wave. So much for their $9.99 a figure plus shipping! Hopefully this isn't a huge mistake and these figure are easy to find. The more photos I see of the Ponda Baba the better that figure looks! Right now I think I have to get two, one with hands and one with flippers. I may even get a third for slice and dice action!

Unfortunately I think it's going to be a while before the wave turns up in the wild. It looks like Target and other sellers are trying to make space for their holiday reset sometime towards the end of October?

mtriv73
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
HTS had it this morning. I've had almost zero luck finding anything in the wild in teh last 6 months, so I went ahead and ordered it. You have to buy the case, but it has pondo, bastilla, hoth rebel, keyan farlander, a rebel fleet trooper, and the extra ewoks I was looking for anyway. The others can become custom fodder.

JEDIpartner
09-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I thought about starting up with Brian's Toys until I saw how much they were charging for that wave. That is absolutely stupid!!

DarkJedi5
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I thought about starting up with Brian's Toys until I saw how much they were charging for that wave. That is absolutely stupid!!

Generally it works well but the problem I've been having with them is that Hasbro keeps repacking figures and so an old figure on a new card still counts as a new figure so I end up skipping quite a few waves to avoid the repeats. This wave is even worse though, thank god you can skip waves whenever you want.

Snowtrooper
09-29-2011, 12:15 AM
There's only 3 figures I want from this wave(Ponda Baba, Hoth Rebel, Bastilla). If I buy a case I have 9 figs to get rid of, so needless to say, I'm not going to be buying a whole case this time. I think this has the potential to be another one of the cases that clogs up the pegs again. Hasbro obviously hasn't learned their lesson.

bigbarada
09-29-2011, 12:22 AM
There's only 3 figures I want from this wave(Ponda Baba, Hoth Rebel, Bastilla). If I buy a case I have 9 figs to get rid of, so needless to say, I'm not going to be buying a whole case this time. I think this has the potential to be another one of the cases that clogs up the pegs again. Hasbro obviously hasn't learned their lesson.

Well, let's wait for the wave to actually start showing up in large numbers and then wait to see if it really does clog the pegs. Then you might have a case that Hasbro "obviously hasn't learned their lesson." Otherwise, it's silly to criticize them for something that hasn't even happened yet.

sebillba
09-29-2011, 04:56 AM
I only wanted Ponda Baba and the Hoth Rebel from this wave - got them last week. Since they're not expected to hit stores in the UK, I had to pay a premium (15 each) - I didn't mind too much as it was such a small wave, and I got a deal on a couple of older figures thrown in as well. But while they're both really nice figures, which I've wanted for a long time, I'm getting really tired of Hasbro's quality control lately.... the elbow joint on the Hoth Trooper is split, and feels very delicate when I move it... not so long ago my Dagobah Landing Luke had a similar knee joint - it actually had a broken shard which was cutting through the leg plastic when I tried to bend the knee. And more recently I spent a lot of money on the SDCC Indy set, only to find one of the accessories was missing, and I had no comeback on this, or any way of obtaining a replacement part. All little things, but when they're costing more and more all the time, all these little faults are really souring my enjoyment of the hobby.

JEDIpartner
09-30-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm with you on this Sebillba!! I have such a terrible time finding ANY new figures at retail. Hasbro's case packs are causing so much trouble. You would think that a new figure would be packed at least two-per case and not one-per case. That one-per case should be reserved for revisions and NOT initial allocations. Idiots.

DarkJedi5
09-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Looks like I was wrong, I saw a case or two worth of figures from this wave (I think). I saw a RFT and a few Revenge of the Jedi carded figs. No Bastilla, Ponda, or Hoth trooper.

JEDIpartner
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
I've seen nowt at retail! And... this is actually Wave 9, not wave 8. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I've seen nowt at retail! And... this is actually Wave 9, not wave 8. ;)
True. For the record, here are the case listings from Entertainment Earth:

Wave 8
23. Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture)
25. R2-D2
26. Rebel Commando (presumably the black variant)
27. Wicket
53. Bom Vimdim
41. Stormtrooper (ROTJ variant card)
62. Han Solo (Endor Trench Coat)
65. TIE Fighter Pilot
9. Boba Fett (ROTJ variant)
63. B-wing Pilot Keyan Farlander
64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)
8. Darth Vader (ROTJ variant card)

Wave 8 Revision 1
20. Yoda
25. R2-D2
31. Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
52. Rebel Fleet Trooper
54. ARC Trooper Commander
55. Logray
41. Stormtrooper (ROTJ variant card)
65. TIE Fighter Pilot
64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)

Wave 9
22. Admiral Ackbar
23. Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture)
27. Wicket
34. Jango Fett
52. Rebel Fleet Trooper
55. Logray
39. Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
68. Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
69. Bastila Shan (Knights of the Old Republic)
70. Ponda Boba (Walrus Man)
63.B-wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander)

The figures on ROTJ cards (aside from Logray) will be available with both "Return" and "Revenge" on the package, though I am not sure if it's random or not.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Well then to confuse the issue, the figures I saw at retail this past week were: Revenge Vader and Ackbar, Bom Vimdim, Jango, and RFT that I know had all been put out since my last trip. Is it possible that this Target had put out each of those three case assortments at one time?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2011, 03:43 AM
It's possible, but I don't think there have been any confirmed sightings of either wave 8 case in the country yet (though some dude in the Philippines found wave 8 and confirmed a black Rebel Commando). More likely it was a case of wave 7 that provided Bom, Jango, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper instead.

Snowtrooper
10-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Well, I know that I said I wasn't going to order a whole case of this wave. I ended up changing my mind I guess. There was more there that i wanted after I thought about it awhile. There was Keyan Farlander, a few Revenge cards(Vader, Ackbar, Luke), and an extra RFT. ANH Luke and Jango I'll get rid of for sure while the Wicket and Chirpa I might keep around for random ewoks.

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and received my order yesterday. HTS double boxed it without me telling them to, so no crushed figures this time around.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I won the B-Wing Pilot online, mainly just for its Fett mail-away offer, and the fact that I got it for less than retail + tax.

[edit] Found a Bomdiggity Vommit today, with yet another Fett sticker. I might mail away for one more to give as a holiday gift.

tagmac
11-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Been finding remnants of Wave 9 at, of all places, K-MART! Picked up Revenge Vader and Ackbar, plus a Rebel Fleet Trooper w/ sticker so I have an opener for the order form.

Then, at a TRU kiosk at the mall, found Bastila Shan and the Hoth Rebel Soldier. Unfortunately, they had room for only half the case, and their stock is in another location, so I ended up caving in and ordering Ponda Baba online. Cost me $17 w/ shipping, but I figure with the amount of gas I'd waste searching for this one figure, it's a bargain. Now just want a vintage Slave Leia, but no sign of any of those yet!

TheDarthVader
11-16-2011, 03:27 PM
as to date, here are the ones left that i am still looking for from wave 8:

26. Rebel Commando black variant
41. Stormtrooper ROTJ variant card
65. TIE Fighter Pilot
64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit) "revenge" and "return"

mtriv73
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM
The Target near me got in a new case today and actually had the TIE pilot, leia, Han, and Boba. 3 of them were on Revenge cards (Leia was return.) At any rate, they are starting to hit retail.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
For my birthday yesterday, I got (among other things) trench coat Han, Ponda Baba, and the black Rebel Commando, the latter two of which I had not seen in stores myself and didn't know I was getting. I was a little worried about the Rebel Commando variant, so I can rest easy on that one. I'm not sure if my family already got Bastila and the Rebel Soldier, but those are the only two remaining Vintage figures I need this year.