PDA

View Full Version : Ships with no Pilots...

JEDIpartner
03-06-2002, 11:22 AM
I know it's come up a couple times in the forums- about how the current batch of figures don't fit in the ships. I was wondering how everyone feels about the wait.

I really want the Jedi Starfighter, but I can't wait for the Obi-Wan to come out almost 2 months later! We've got Anakin's speeder, but there's no Anakin to go in it. We don't have a final date as to when such a figure will arrive. It is quite clear that the first one will not fit into it dur to the positioning of the legs and arms.

Do you guys feel a bit gypped that we have the vehicles so early on and no one to pilot them?

DarthMaulSithLord
03-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Really? Man that sucks! And i bet none or only a few are electronic. Cheap Hasbro bastards.

:mad:

Starfig873
03-06-2002, 12:33 PM
True this is a nasty little planning burp by Hasbro.

But....I'm not really...bothered by it that much either. The fitting figures will come, heck, we had to wait for a pilot Annie before the N-1 Naboo Fighter was "complete" :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-06-2002, 12:44 PM
I'm not all too concerned,just...fustrated.Trying to stuff figures
into ships isnt fun,and normally results in popped off legs(for me anyways..).It happened to by Aurra Sing when I tried stuffing
her into the POTF2 Landspeeder.:eek:

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 01:04 PM
Yea, that's why I consider pack-ins much needed in these situations. :D

I think the "grapple hook" Jango well fit in the Slave 1 though, and if you're willing to do a custom, grab a soft goods E1 Obi-Wan figure then an E2 Obi-Wan figure, paint the E1 Obi figure's tunic the same color and do a simple head swap and voila, perfect E2 Obi figure for the Jedi Starfighter. :cool:

Jayspawn
03-06-2002, 02:20 PM
Ships with no Pilots bugs me too. What good are they?

Beast
03-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I really want the Jedi Starfighter, but I can't wait for the Obi-Wan to come out almost 2 months later! We've got Anakin's speeder, but there's no Anakin to go in it. We don't have a final date as to when such a figure will arrive. It is quite clear that the first one will not fit into it dur to the positioning of the legs and arms. Do you guys feel a bit gypped that we have the vehicles so early on and no one to pilot them?
Well, we waited 2 years for the AT-ST driver in 1995. I know the Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel figure is due out on or just before May 16th, and he should fit in the speeder. Looking at Toy Fair, it looks like they put Obi-Wan: Coruscant Chase in the cockpit of the Starfighter. So, I guess he would fit, and will make due until the Obi-Wan: Pilot figure comes out. I don't mind the ships coming out before the proper pilot figures, as long as it's not to long a wait for them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-06-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, we waited 2 years for the AT-ST driver in 1995.

But we did have Stormtroopers and Chewbacca to fill our ships. Who's gonna fill Zam's speeder? :confused: The Super Battle Droid? :rolleyes:

Beast
03-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
But we did have Stormtroopers and Chewbacca to fill our ships. Who's gonna fill Zam's speeder? :confused: The Super Battle Droid? :rolleyes:
Well, the Zam Wesell that wil fit in the speeder will be out around May 16th. The one that was shown at Toy Fair with bendable knees and the viel off. She's on the list of the 26 figures total that will be avaliable on or just before the day the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-06-2002, 09:35 PM
I'm a little disappointed in Hasbro, but I have enough Star Wars figures that CAN use these vehicles that it doesn't bother me too much. It's very unwise of Hasbro to not compliment their vehicles with figures - kids who want to have authentic Ep 2 play-pattern recreations will be unable to buy both a vehicle and a figure during the same shopping trip, which will probably lower the amount of kids buying product - but at least the vehicles look good. I'm definitely not going to bother getting 18 different Jango Fetts that don't fit in the Slave I when I can just put the POTF2 Boba Fett in there instead.

speedermike
03-08-2002, 01:09 AM
As an adult collector, it doesn't really effect me. I can wait. However, I think that it is flat out stupidity on Hasbro's part not to make the ships and appropriate figures available at the same time.

But, I'm not too crazy about pack-ins either. They are usually lower quality figures.

I'll wait to see how this plays out on the shelves in May. If Hasbro mucks this up, if and kids are upset becuase they can't get a certain figure into its signature vehicle, (or even find the "right" figure) than I will have no sypathy for Hasbro if the line tanks.

jedibear
03-10-2002, 01:14 AM
....while the pack-in figures were generally cheaper in look & quality (especially the wad-o-gum Sebulba that came with his pod racer), but it still is strange not to include (or at the least make available right away) either a pack-in character/vehicle specific figure or make a carded version that'll work in the vehicle for kids & collectors alike.

I know I'm actually going to wait before grabbing the vehicles this time around....first, to see how they look "in person" and second, to see if they warm the shleves like the Episode One vehicles di and pick 'em up on the cheap....either way hopefully figures will be out that will work with 'em....

Obi-Don
03-10-2002, 07:37 AM
Its nice to have the figure with the ship,but I can wait. I always put the pilot outside the ship in front anyway. To me the ship is more important,but I can see where the kids and other collectors will have a problem with this. Not very bright Hasbro,but look who we are dealing with.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Starfig873
True this is a nasty little planning burp by Hasbro.

But....I'm not really...bothered by it that much either. The fitting figures will come, heck, we had to wait for a pilot Annie before the N-1 Naboo Fighter was "complete" :)

*cough* Ric Olie *cough*

:rolleyes:

Beast
03-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I love the fact that alot of people were complaining about the vehicle pack-in figures. And now there is complaining cause they decided to drop the pack-in figures. Probably due to all the people being so negative about them. More proof in my mind that alot of Star Wars collectors just love having somthing to complain about. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
03-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Sure seems that way sometimes Jar Jar.
I would really rather have a pack in figure with a ship,lower quality or not.
Makes me feel better about the money I just spent.
I really don't think the Packins have been all that bad.Other than one of the ones with the At At(can't remember his name right now).
O.K. you can shoot now