PDA

View Full Version : Titaniums at the NYCC?!?!?!?!?!

RJarvis
10-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Could this be true? A revival of the titanium line? Or is Hasbro just clearing out old stock? Will there be new molds?

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6273-titanium-series.html

VERY excited about this even if it appears to be a re-hash at this point...

Ross W. Jarvis

mtriv73
10-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Agreed. I'm not sure I like them all being 3-packs, and I assume they'll all be repacks for a while, but something is better than nothing.

cloneemperor
10-20-2011, 11:28 PM
I about choked when I saw this, very excited!

Darth Duranium
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey guys, long time.

I'm excited too... if they do some new tools!
Agreed guys, it's disappointing that all 12 shown at NYCC (floor and panel) are repacks. Hope these don't warm the pegs and kill the relaunch.
C'mon Hasbro... throw us a fresh bone!

cloneemperor
10-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm not really holding out hope that that won't happen, it's what they did to my beloved Action Fleet and then claimed there just wasn't enough demand.

JediTricks
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
I suspect they just trotted this product back out to take advantage of the increased Ep 1 interest with the 3D release coming soon. But if (when) that doesn't take off, I won't be surprised if we don't see any more releases. Also, 3-packs at $20 suggests that were they to do new toolings, they'd be 1 new and 2 old which would be ugly.

Darth Duranium
11-02-2011, 09:48 PM
I suspect that you're 100% on the money, JT... my thoughts exactly. $20 for one new Titanium would be pretty lame.

I have posted a question for Hasbro in the Q&A thread. Please vote for it guys, and maybe we'll get some clarification re: future plans for Titanium.

Warstar
11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I doubt we've seen the last of the Titaniums or their molds, but right now? It's the Dark Times (1986-1995) all over again. -Warstar, 8/20/11

Or for the love of Jabba BRING THEM BACK!!!

YESSSS!!!!

I KNEW this wouldn't be the last we'd see of the Titaniums molds! WOOOOT!

They do look like specialized Episode 1 packs, and as you said, probably capitalizing on the 3D release. However, that pic of a lone RotS Jedi Starfighter suggests they *might* bring out similar packs later on...

Remember that Lucas is only going to do Episodes 2-6 in 3D IF and ONLY IF Episode 1 does well.

Of course, Episode 1 hasn't been on the big screen for nigh 11-12 years now, and of course a new generation wants to take their kids to see it on the big screen!

I hope it's in Real3D...

Anyway, YAY!

Darth Duranium! TO THE VARIANTS LIST! :-D

(after they hit the shelves that is :love-struck: )

Darth Duranium
12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Noooooooo, not the variant list! :)

SSG: While we were pleased to see the return of Titanium Series at NYCC 2011, it was not as exciting to see that all of the 3-packs shown contained only previously released vehicles, and of those, it appeared to be all straight repacks without even new paint schemes, much less any new toolings. Is Hasbro planning to release any new tools or any "new" repaints as well, and can we expect to see some new ships from more recent seasons of The Clone Wars (and if so, which ones)? Will Titanium Series continue in 3-packs only, or return to single packs?

Hasbro: The majority of the Titanium 3-packs in 2012 are reissues. But we are planning several new EU-themed Titanium vehicles for a pack hitting retail in the fall. We will be offering 3-packs only.

That's better news than I expected, apart from the 3-pack aspect.
Wow. new EU Titaniums would rock! :)

Blue2th
12-08-2011, 12:03 AM
This is good news. I wonder what the heck the new EU vehicles could be?
There's been quite a few Clone Wars vehicles they could do if that's considered EU.

JediTricks
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I suspect that they'll be doing ships from the upcoming SW: The Old Republic MMORPG, that seems like the most logical place to focus right now. They've not referred to The Clone Wars as EU in the past, and TCW hasn't really been churning out a ton of new vehicles that the market is starving for.

Darth Duranium
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm a starving market, JT. Churn away, Hasbro! :)
It's been killing me to see new TCW vehicles coming out in 3-3/4" but bugger all in Titanium scale.

Agreed, a curious use of "EU" in that context but I dunno, JT: The Old Republic's out in a few days and they're talking about a 3-pack next Fall. Anything else on the horizon?

Blue2th
12-08-2011, 11:46 PM
It would seem logical to do a few CW vehicles, but I'm sure I'd buy any EU vehicles coming out.

Hey Blood and Chrome is debuting early next year, does Hasbro still have the BSG license?

Listened to Doug Drexler describing bigger Battlestars over on Drexfiles (VFX minds part 1) http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/
I think it's going to be huge, the show that is. It would be nice to get some more ships.

Darth Duranium
12-09-2011, 11:18 AM
I'd also buy any TCW or EU ships in a heartbeat, Blue. :)

Nope, Hasbro doesn't have the license anymore; they ended it before the Basestar got released IIRC. (argh!) I know QMX have released some keychains and larger BSG stuff but I don't know who's vying for the license these days.

That is great news about B&C but I can't seem to find any definitive proof that it'll come out on TV, DVD, or as a web show. Do you know more? It's good that it's finished. .. damn, I miss that show.
I've also heard rumours that Singer's BSG movie project is underway so there's another Universal wrinkle.

Blue2th
12-09-2011, 01:41 PM
That's too bad someone needs to pick it up and get us some small scale ships dang it. Maybe a gashapon company eventually?

Check out that VFX- part 1 forum on Drexfiles if you get time, it's more about television and the Special effects industry, but Drex does have some tidbits to say about BSG and the process of Blood and Chrome. Also Drex and team just finish all the work on it. SyFy, they'd be fools not to press on with it.

Bryan Singer's project, don't know where that's going, but I'm really not overly impressed with anything he's done, or re-done so to speak.

Darth Duranium
12-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Agreed! Maybe Konami will pick it up BSG again. Japanese plastic is so awesome.
I'd love to see a gashapon line of Prometheus, Avatar, Total Recall v2, and the Blade Runner sequels, too. Wonder if we'll see a Vol 5 from F-Toys SW line? Gashapon seems dead for SF lately.

I didn't watch that VFX video (I did like the new animations, though) but I will now do so, cheers. I kinda like Probert's yellow tug, too.

I liked Singer's Usual Suspects, the jet scene from Supes Returns (not much else but wow!), and his X-Men flicks so I'm ok with him, actually. I'd take Fincher, Snyder, or Wes Anderson over him any time, though.
BTW, the Space Battleship Yamato live action film from last year was quite fun. Gashapon were available. ;)

RJarvis
12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd also buy any TCW or EU ships in a heartbeat, Blue. :)

I heartily second that notion...at this point, they could come out with just about anything star wars titanium and I'd be falling over myself to get it! Hard to believe how much I've missed this line and how much I enjoyed it while it was in full swing.

Would also, like you guys, LOVE to see more of the same/similar scale Battlestar toys...of the titaniums, the BSG one are some of my faves.

Ross W. Jarvis

JediTricks
12-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm a starving market, JT. Churn away, Hasbro! :)
It's been killing me to see new TCW vehicles coming out in 3-3/4" but bugger all in Titanium scale.

Agreed, a curious use of "EU" in that context but I dunno, JT: The Old Republic's out in a few days and they're talking about a 3-pack next Fall. Anything else on the horizon?Unfortunately, a small but enthusiastic subset does not a market make. There haven't been that many new TCW vehicles in the figure line, have there? Which ones are you hungering for in Titanium? I can't think of much.

That's too bad someone needs to pick it up and get us some small scale ships dang it. Maybe a gashapon company eventually?

Check out that VFX- part 1 forum on Drexfiles if you get time, it's more about television and the Special effects industry, but Drex does have some tidbits to say about BSG and the process of Blood and Chrome. Also Drex and team just finish all the work on it. SyFy, they'd be fools not to press on with it.

Bryan Singer's project, don't know where that's going, but I'm really not overly impressed with anything he's done, or re-done so to speak.I think the US license is held by Diamond right now, and they're doing whatever they're doing... which is to say, not much.

I think the new movie, if it sees release, will probably get a modest toy interest and thus fall to a smaller, less capable company than the BSG line deserves.

Usual Suspects and the first 2 X-men movies were solidly done, impressive work, but Superman Returns felt like a career-derailer.

Darth Duranium
12-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Which ones are you hungering for in Titanium? I can't think of much.

They're starting to pile up: Mandalorian Assault Transport, AV-7 Mobile Cannon, Jedi Turbo Speeder, Freeco Swoop, Pirate, Scout, and Droid Speeders... some of them look pretty good.

I think the US license is held by Diamond right now, and they're doing whatever they're doing... which is to say, not much.

Agreed. I know QMX has the license for some BSG stuff but I don't think either company have the rights to produce small diecast ships. Diamond/AA can't make small Trek ships either, apparently.

Usual Suspects and the first 2 X-men movies were solidly done, impressive work, but Superman Returns felt like a career-derailer.

Kaiser Soze! After the first 15 minutes of Superman Returns, it's best to open up on your TV with a .45. :)