PDA

View Full Version : Who is Darth Malgus?

Tycho
10-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Well, who is Darth Malgus?

Fans (likely mistakenly) want Darth Plagueis - Sidious' master. He is a Muun - likely skinny - like San Hill. He was a Sith scientist (alchemist) and most likely not a warrior. Plagueis' own master may have trained Palpatine to fight. The novel, "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis" by James Luceno comes out in December. Hopefully, it addresses the more recent Sith lineage. In any event, it is my theory, that Darth Plagueis "influenced the midi-chlorians to create life" (Anakin) in a slave he experimented on (Shmi - perhaps without her knowledge - maybe she even thought he was - or Plagueis actually was - a doctor?) In any case, to get powerful DNA with lots of midichlorians (see I like science over fantasy and real explainations for things) - maybe Plagueis used his apprentice's DNA and Palpatine is the "surrogate" father of Anakin after all?

Meanwhile, Doctor Plagueis might make a boring figure who could only get more interesting with his appearance in Luceno's EU. (James Luceno is the very best SW EU writer IMO - perhaps more intriguing than Tim Zhan - though their styles are quite different by comparison and Luceno is much "darker.")

But that doesn't answer who the heck Darth Malgus is? Plagueis' master? That would be interesting. Like I said, perhaps THAT character had to train a young Palpatine to fight, while Plagueis engineered the ultimate Sith (Anakin), and they both prepared Palpatine for politics - as an alternate way of conquering the Republic - perhaps not unlike Hitler "conquered" Germany.

Meanwhile, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE RULE OF TWO. The Sith would break their own rules (and Dooku has Ventress).

I believe there was always (during TPM) Sidious and Tyranus (Dooku) and just like Dooku went to Dathomir to get a replacement for Ventress in Savage Opress - Darth Maul was a misled Sith warrior who was taught to believe that he was the real apprentice (and did not know about Dooku in the shadows) and used (and tattoo'd so the public would freak out and never submit to him - thus he could not surplant Palpatine and take over even if he was a quicker fighter)...used Maul to handle the grunt work and get factions like the Trade Federation on board so they could raise battledroid armies while Dooku secretly handled the raising of the Clone Army ([10 years ago when Master Sypho Dias was killed]).

Don't believe everything you're told "Maul is the apprentice in TPM, etc." as a better story offers even it's own cloak of
deception.

But who is Darth Malgus (Malingus? - hard to read Hasbro's label from the picture).

Also fans wanted Jacen Solo as Darth Cadeus. The Solo twins need at least 2 more figures of each of them:

Jaina in tan "Bespin fatigues" training gear.
Jaina in X-wing Pilot flight suit
Jacen as Darth Caedus
Jacen in Jedi robes

Plus Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, and Cole Skywalker (Cade's father) are completely missing.

Beast
10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
He's the main baddy from the upcoming Old Republic MMO from what I understand.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Malgus

A lot of your theories don't even make sense with the established canon.

Ventress doesn't invalidate the Rule of True. She was just an apprentice, not a Sith Lord.

You're even ignoring the continuity of the films for your own flights of fancy. Such as with Dooku.

Tycho
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the info on the bad guy, Beast.

I beg to disagree with you on the following:

A lot of your theories don't even make sense with the established canon.

You take the films to be established canon, but they are retconned so Anakin can have an apprentice, for example (Ahsoka, CW).

Or Qui-Gon training Obi-Wan instead of it being Yoda, the whole Prequel Trilogy as ESB and ROTJ led some to believe.

You're conversing with me and I don't even take the Holy Bible as canon - though that's for a Rancor Pit section discussion.

However, the movies say:

10 years before AOTC

Dooku left the Jedi Order
Sypho Dias was killed - was that Darth Plageuis' real name?
The first clones including Boba Fett were created
Darth Maul was killed (should have been - not cut in half and surviving on robot legs...)

10 years before TPM:

Anakin was created

The way my mind constantly works things through, I question everything and am not afraid of things being complicated - the moreso the better. I like to think and uncover things so that no one might be smarter than me, or pull one over on me.

Yoda and Mace Windu are fictional characters who at the end of TPM, might have one pulled over on them - not knowing whether Maul was the master or the apprentice. I ask: "what if he was neither?" - just a Sith agent like Ventress.

Ventress doesn't invalidate the Rule of True. She was just an apprentice, not a Sith Lord.

Just a matter of symantics here. We agree. She wanted to be a Sith Lord, thus Tryanus' apprentice. For that, the Separatists would have to win the war, and take over the galaxy, with Sidious slain, and Emperor Dooku I in control of the galaxy.

Dooku really was the 2nd most dangerous Sith Lord. I am of a faction of SW Fans who do NOT jump on the band wagon that's saying Darth Maul is so cool. Dooku knew more about the powers of the Force and was a political leader of all Separatist Space. He was far more dangerous!

Even Darth Vader of the OT became a disabled man requiring a life-support suit and never achieved his full power - like with the use of Force lightning or mind control.

You're even ignoring the continuity of the films for your own flights of fancy. Such as with Dooku.

We've covered this already. Some people believe the Bible literally, because that's what they are presented.

I am an author. I like the complex and the chance of discovery in a fictional offering. If I see the opportunity to leave something new to discover by my readers later, or to retcon something for the sake of a great story (Qui-Gon Jinn, Boba Fett being a clone - or in real history, perhaps the United States never actually won independence from Britain but made a secret treaty to stop the bloodshed? Or the South actually won the Civil War because blacks have not yet achieved population-wide equal footing with whites?) I'll consider it. September 11th "Truthers" say the United States government set up the attacks with Bin Laden on their payroll so they could fight for more influence in the oil and opium rich lands (another Rancor Pit section discussion thread).

Neither of us know for sure what George Lucas was thinking when he wrote the PT, or what he will affirm, or retcon, or let other authors or the CW cartoon retcon.

This and even my theory that Han Solo is from a new line of clone troopers all have slim but reasonable possibilities.

I am not a Darth Maul fan and I'm not going to appologize to the Maul Rat crowd. (I don't dislike Maul at all but don't think he should have survived the duel with Obi-Wan at all, nor that we need Savage Opress in the CW to patronize the Maul Rats, either. There are such things as original ideas. Cad Bane and Hondo Ohnaka have done very well for themselves as new villains, and Admiral Trench should have gotten more stories, as should have Riff Tamsen. Durge should be brought back, and I'd like to see Premier Vizla and the Death Watch again myself.)

Battle Droid
10-15-2011, 04:33 AM
He's a Darth Vader wannabe, pass...

San Hill was Darth Plagueis's real name. ;)

JEDIpartner
10-26-2011, 03:28 PM
He sounds like a foot fungus.

bigbarada
10-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I think he's proof that EU writers aren't even trying to be original anymore.