PDA

View Full Version : Movie Heroes figures

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2011, 01:01 AM
This thread would go into a new Movie Heroes forum, but they ain't one!!!

So, Movie Heroes is basically the Saga Legends replacement, but now with additional new figures and a focus on action features. The slides are here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/6282/Star-Wars-New-York-Comic-Con-2011-final_Page_05.jpg), here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/6282/Star-Wars-New-York-Comic-Con-2011-final_Page_06.jpg), and here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/6282/Star-Wars-New-York-Comic-Con-2011-final_Page_07.jpg). Some of the figures shown in the slides are different from the ones shown in the booth (Battle Droid), and some don't match up with the names given (Shock Trooper). StarWars.com (http://www.starwars.com/news/hasbro_nycc_2011.html) gave a list of the figures and their action features, meaning it could be easier to figure out where the figures come from:

Wave 1

* Darth Maul -- Spinning lightsaber
* Shock Trooper -- Quick Draw Action
* Super Battle Droid -- Firing Arm Blasters
* R2-D2 -- Electronic lights and sounds
* Battle Droid -- Firing blaster
* Darth Vader -- Slashing lightsaber
* General Grievous -- Lightsaber battle action
* Obi-Wan -- Jedi kick
* Yoda -- Whirling lightsaber
* Destroyer Droid -- firing projectile
* Clone Trooper -- backpack fires missiles
* Qui-Gon -- grappling hook launcher

Wave 2

* Darth Maul -- Slashing lightsaber
* Jar Jar Binks -- Firing projectile
* Anakin -- Backpack fires missile
* Padmé Amidala -- Blaster with pull-out zipline
* Obi-Wan -- Light-up lightsaber
* Qui-Gon -- Light-up lightsaber

Since the shock trooper image is just of the plain white ROTS pegwarmer from TVC, I hoped the figure would be the same mold but with the red shock trooper coloring. It seems like it'll be the original 2005 quick-draw leg-squeezin' version.

I assume it'll be pretty easy to skip several of the re-releases, but some of the figures offer a little bit new. The first Darth Maul, for instance, is a movie-based repaint of the red-trimmed 2002 Sith Apprentice version. R2-D2 supposedly has a bunch of new sounds and a new dirty paint job. Qui-Gon comes with the grappling hook from the Clone Wars Padmé figure, but I don't know what Obi-Wan's Jedi Kick could be - the only similar thing was the ROTS figure, but that was built into the figure, and the image they used here is of the 2009 TPM Legacy Collection version.

Wave 2 is where the interesting stuff comes in. Rumor has it that Jar Jar was supposed to be in TVC but was moved here, which is a shame. Even though they're not as articulated as the TVC versions, the other characters look like good toys, which I suppose is kind of the point, after all.

Blue2th
10-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Yeah I wonder how much articulation Padme Amidala will have? I was hoping for a definitive TVC version of her in Battle outfit with ascension gun. I guess this one really works which is a cool play feature. I've seen the backpack on some other site.

Was hoping the same with a TVC Jar Jar, but though not as articulated, it will be an improved version. Those are the only two I'm interested in. Everything else looks to be a re-pack with a lot of ROTS play feature figures in there. Which is ok for the kids. I smell a lot of possible pegwarmers though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20111110/) has carded and loose images of the first 12, plus a carded one of Jar Jar from wave 2. This line's figures have a red insert, while Clone Wars have blue; there might be a difference in the blue hue on the cardback itself and logo, but that might just be the photography. I find it strange that the line's name has basically been banished to the bottom of the card, but maybe they're going for a more unified look overall.

As it turns out, Obi-Wan is just the existing figure, with the same recycled Clone Wars grappling hook that Qui-Gon has.

It's too bad that they used the crappy Battle Droid mold after a few years of getting two well-articulated sculpts for the price of one. The fact that they repacked the spinning Yoda without the base that, y'know, makes him spin is equally cheap.

I'll get the Battle Droid and Darth Maul for the new paint, R2-D2 for the new paint and audio, and the Clone Trooper just because. Everything else in this wave is an easy pass. I'll get everything from wave 2, though.

Blue2th
11-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Where's Padme?

That's a cheap out on the Battledroid, we should be getting two in one package of the new one in tan.

Looks like R2-B1 is an improvement from the grey topped TAC, he's got a brushed aluminum dome finally. That's three different versions of him now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Where's Padme?
Here are wave 2 images (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20111111/clone_wars/), along with some Clone Wars, though the packaging is international. This wave's Darth Maul isn't included for some reason.

I don't know why they need to photoshop the pictures of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon; there are plenty of good images of them already.

Even though I'm not big on action features, I'm looking forward to these figures.

Beast
11-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Why does Jar Jar come with what looks like a Hellraiser puzzle box? Or is that just a die for the game?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Why does Jar Jar come with what looks like a Hellraiser puzzle box? Or is that just a die for the game?
It's a die. All the non-Vintage figures come with it, as they have been since August 2010 (though the blue-and-white color scheme seems to have been traded for black-and-gold).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
This thread can be moved to the Movie Heroes section. Do it.

El Chuxter
01-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Is there a variant of the Battle Droid? I came across these today at WM (street date? what street date?), and there were three or four red ones, and one tan one. I started to get the tan one, but didn't. Reading your comments that it's an old mold makes me glad I didn't.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Is there a variant of the Battle Droid? I came across these today at WM (street date? what street date?), and there were three or four red ones, and one tan one. I started to get the tan one, but didn't. Reading your comments that it's an old mold makes me glad I didn't.

Huh, that's the first I heard of it. The packaging shows a red droid, but I've only seen images of a tan one. I haven't seen any of these figures yet but I'll be on the lookout. Of course they would finally get back to running changes on a figure that most people won't even want to get . . .

El Chuxter
01-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Not sure if this is everywhere, but the local TRU lowered the price of Vintage to $9.99. :D

And raised the price of Movie Heroes, Saga Legends, and Clone Wars to $9.99. :mad:

Darth Metalmute
02-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Has anyone else seen the TRU exclusive Pod Racer Pilot set? I was pretty surprised when I walked into TRU today and came across it.

DarkJedi5
02-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Has anyone else seen the TRU exclusive Pod Racer Pilot set? I was pretty surprised when I walked into TRU today and came across it.
Yeah, that one was out on the 1/31 street date.

JediTricks
02-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Came across R2-D2 electronic, tried out the sounds, definitely has more than ever before and all are recognizable. That said, it's the quietest I can remember of this VERY OLD Electronic R2 body, and the paint isn't so impressive unfortunately. I would have bought it at TRU's sale for $7, but I'm a little broke right now.

bigbarada
02-18-2012, 07:19 AM

I made a special trip to the TRU in Springfield yesterday looking for that set, along with Ben Quad and Ratts Tyrell. I think buying Mawhonic gave me Podracer fever. Fortunately, I found everything I was looking for without much effort.

I passed on Teemto Pagalies and Clegg Holdfast when I originally saw them in stores, so it was cool to finally get those guys. I gave my Gasgano figure away to my nephews back in 1999, so I needed a new one of him as well. Dud Bolt and Mars Guo were the only duplicate figures I ended up with, but that's not so bad since the paint apps on both of those figures are much brighter and colorful in the rerelease. The colors on Teemto seem to "pop" a lot more in this pack than from his original release as well. So with the flags included, I have no regrets buying this set.

Ratts Tyrell is pretty awesome, but his colors seem to be a little more subdued than what they should be. I have no real complaints about Ben, except for the fact that he has no peg holes in his feet and his feet are so tiny that he is almost impossible to stand. I think I would have preferred him without the scowl as well.

I'm hesitant to buy the Sebulba/Anakin pack since we're getting a new Podracer Anakin in MH and there's rumors of a new Sebulba also. So, I'd really be paying $22 for two flags, two Pit Droids and a 12 year old C-3PO figure.

Now I just need to track down another Odie Mandrell and I think all of the onscreen Podracers (from the original theatrical release) will be covered.

DarkJedi5
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Anyone know of the head from the MH Darth Maul fits on the Vintage Darth Maul body? I like the grimace of the MH figure and the horns look smaller so if it fits that would be good news.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
I think this is pre-ball jointed neck Maul in the first wave, so that would be a "no".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2012, 03:41 PM
I think this is pre-ball jointed neck Maul in the first wave, so that would be a "no".
I believe he's talking about the wave 2 Maul, which does indeed have a ball-joint neck. I'm not sure if it's interchangeable with the Vintage one, but I doubt it will be right off the bat, but perhaps with some glue or something.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Ahhhh... OK. That one might, but might take a little "finessing". ;)

DarkJedi5
02-21-2012, 05:56 PM
I believe he's talking about the wave 2 Maul, which does indeed have a ball-joint neck. I'm not sure if it's interchangeable with the Vintage one, but I doubt it will be right off the bat, but perhaps with some glue or something.

Right, I meant the MH wave 2 figure. I've yet to see anything from wave 2 (though some lists include the ROTS red clone trooper though, I think he's also in wave 1) but I may have to get Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon from wave 2 for their excellent new head sculpts.

DarkJedi5
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Was at Target tonight and saw that they have the Movie Heroes figures priced ten cents more than the Vintage figures! Needless to say, Target doesn't seem to want to sell any of these figures.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-17-2012, 08:26 AM
I saw these at a W*M this week: Mawhanic [sp?], Aurra Sing, Naboo Pilot, green astromech droid, Gungan Warrior. Like a quarterback, I passed.

mtriv73
03-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I saw these at a W*M this week: Mawhanic [sp?], Aurra Sing, Naboo Pilot, green astromech droid, Gungan Warrior. Like a quarterback, I passed.

Green? Not the yellow R5?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Whichever. It looked like an R5 unit, kind of greenish. I suppose it's yellow.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Green, yellow, it doesn't matter - those are Discover the Force figures, not Movie Heroes. Take you and your apparently colorblind self to the proper threads. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
By your command. :bowsandleaves: ;)

mtriv73
03-19-2012, 03:25 PM
By your command. :bowsandleaves: ;)

Are those green bows and leaves or yellow?:kiwi-fruit:;)

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Wave 2 looks good. I like the idea of light up sabers for Qui and Obi.

mtriv73
03-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Hasbro toy shop has single figures listed (only from wave 1 unfortunately.) Looks like they may be getting away from only selling cases.

sebillba
04-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Anyone know of the head from the MH Darth Maul fits on the Vintage Darth Maul body? I like the grimace of the MH figure and the horns look smaller so if it fits that would be good news.

I don't know if you're still waiting to get an answer on this, but I finally got round to trying it this morning - it's definitely not a straight swap, the MH head is very loose on the Vintage body, and sits quite low, but I'm sure you could pack it out with something (I've found a small circle of felt pushed inside the socket has been very effective with other figures). The MH fits better on the Evolutions body - it looks quite similar, but the horns are better.... you're still stuck with swivel elbows though.