PDA

View Full Version : Imperial March

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 05:44 PM
Do you think that in scenes with Clone Troopers the music will be the Imperial March, or something that closely resembles it a bit like the end of Anakins theme in The Phantom Menace.

Co Jo-Da
03-07-2002, 12:44 AM
From what I understand so far the Imperial March will be blended in, just like many other of OT's music will be...

Rollo Tomassi
03-07-2002, 01:26 AM
I think I read that Williams is changing Anakin's theme ever so slightly every time you hear it, until it is the full bore Imperial March at the end of Episode III. Then it inexplicably disappears for ANH, and then resurfaces in ESB.:p

I think the Clone will get there own kind of sort of heroic yet ominous fanfare.

Jek Porky 2002
03-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Was it not in A New Hope?
I've never noticed before but now you come to mention it I don't think it was.

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2002, 04:47 PM
I have a feeling we wont be hearing the Imperial March until EPIII, to "bridge the gap" between EPIII and ANH.
The music in EP2 looks like it will be similar to that of TPM, in that it will have the familiar sounds of the OT music, but still different.
Either way I look forward to hearing it.

2-1B
03-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I think the Clone will get there own kind of sort of heroic yet ominous fanfare.

How about the music from the Blockade Runner invasion? I love that, and it might be cool if it was hinted at in a more heroic musical theme.

Of course, that's assuming Clonetroopers are the precursors to the Stormtroopers :)

Fixer
03-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Was it not in A New Hope?
I've never noticed before but now you come to mention it I don't think it was.

Nope. Wasn't written until ESB.

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 04:17 PM
The new trailer and hearing Palpatine say "I will create a grand army of the Republic" and as he says that the camera pans over thousands of apon thousands of CloneTroopers, I think that would be a good time to hear the Imperial March, DON'T YOU...

Rollo Tomassi
03-11-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
The new trailer and hearing Palpatine say "I will create a grand army of the Republic" and as he says that the camera pans over thousands of apon thousands of CloneTroopers, I think that would be a good time to hear the Imperial March, DON'T YOU...

It's odd, but if and when you watch the saga in order, you'll be kinda bummed that the "heroic" clone army that saved the Jedi in AOTC are the bad guys in the OT. Might change your perspective of them for the rest of the saga.

Co Jo-Da
03-11-2002, 11:06 PM
The Imperial March and StormTroopers pretty much go hand in hand together. And since it's a given that StormTrooper came from CloneTroopers it would be reasonable for them to have similar music. I'm sure GL or JW will give it a different name but I'm fairly sure that the Imperial March will be foreshadowed in with Attack of the Clones and of course CloneTroopers...