PDA

View Full Version : What DIDN'T they make? (cont)

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 05:01 AM
Originally found at the old forums: What DIDN'T they make? (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=17&PID=5349)

----------------

I like the idea of a Gungan city playset with clear rubber membranes that the figures can pass through via a slit in the rubber.

I'd also like to see a real Gungan sub vehicle with the ability to hold 3 figures.

And jedibear's idea of Tey How and Handmaiden (orange dress) are both appealing to me, as well as the comment that this stuff that was planned, prototyped, but never released:

Lott Dodd
The Qui-Gon/BattleDroid 2-pack
The Gungun Warrior/Droideka 2-pack
Holo-Nute Gunray

It should all see release!

GNT
08-16-2001, 06:04 AM
Commtech chip 2 and commtech chip 4.0 reader!

Although they did make a few of the twice the speech chips,but they are going for US$80 each!

QLD
08-16-2001, 09:36 AM
I always thought a good "Final Duel" Cinema Scene would have been pretty nifty.

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 03:00 PM
I really want a final duel cinema scene 3-pack. I would want Qui-Gon to have a hole in his chest too.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 06:46 PM
Since I began the old thread... I'll clear up what I had originally meant. I was looking to see what things weren't made, as in types of items. There were 3 3/4" figures, playsets, vehicles, etc. But as I said, no E1 Pez dispensers or personalized checks were produced. Feel free to continue with unmade figures or sets, but it wasn't what I intended! Moo-wah-ha! Kidding.

evenflow
08-16-2001, 07:51 PM
1. Wald
2. Kitster
3. Amidala in white w/ lobe of Peace
4. the remaining Jedi Council members

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos III
Since I began the old thread... I'll clear up what I had originally meant. I was looking to see what things weren't made, as in types of items. There were 3 3/4" figures, playsets, vehicles, etc. But as I said, no E1 Pez dispensers or personalized checks were produced. Feel free to continue with unmade figures or sets, but it wasn't what I intended! Moo-wah-ha! Kidding.

I didn't realize, sorry BC. :o

I don't think there were any Ep 1 address labels, sandwich baggies, or blank videotapes. No Qui-Gon anti-fungal cream, no Jar Jar massage oil (the label could say "Thisa sun doin' murder to meesa skin!"), no Captain Panaka executive stress toys... ;)

GNT
08-17-2001, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
4. the remaining Jedi Council members

Most of them are being done in the POTJ line!

We have Eth Koth coming soon! :)

QLD
08-17-2001, 03:53 AM
There were never any Jar Jar diapers, but if anyone deserves to be POOPED ON!!!!!, it's him.

humsup
08-17-2001, 10:36 PM
The other POD Racers.

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 01:29 PM
Um, I was trying to come up with a funny response, but all the ones I can think of that aren't disgusting or obscene were actually made! Jar Jar Binks soap, anyone? :)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 02:14 PM
Damn, I'm still waiting for the Darth Sidious enema and colostomy bag gift set.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2001, 05:50 PM
It must be this collor font...
Sigh... can't get serious answers anymore... :D

Howsa 'bout dis-a one? What items do you think would've sold well if they'd been made? Some I think would have become pegwarmers are:
Darth Sidious enema and colostomy bag gift set.
Jar Jar Binks soap
Jar Jar diapers
Captain Panaka executive stress toys
:D
Oh well. Have fun, y'all! Dis-en bein' a mooie-mooie bombad thread! Da good "bombad," like Bombad General!

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 07:03 PM
How about the Queen Amidala Pregnancy Pill pack and Qui-gon Long Dong Condoms (feel the for....)

Okay not your taste how about R2 training potty for the kids.

Oh oh I've got it.... scrap metal C-3po now we have a use for all that stuff just hanging around in some junk yard.

Lightsaber lipstick dispenser

Han Solo's book of come ons and pick up lines
(Guaranteed to be a top seller)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2001, 11:14 AM
I'm waiting for the Lucasfilm/Disney collaboration of 'Song of the South: Special Edition' starring Jar Jar Binks as Uncle Remus.

"Zip-a-dee-doo-da,
zip-a-dee-ay.
Meesa thinkin' eets a muy muy day."

Sliver FBI
08-29-2001, 07:51 PM
When I first saw the movie I wanted four ships to be made: N1 Naboo Fighter, Droid Fighters, AAT, and the Sith Infiltrator. and I think the Sith Infiltrator is the coolest looking ship in EP1 and it hasnīt been made yet.
:(

master jedi
08-29-2001, 11:47 PM
I say we petition Hasbro to make the Infiltrator. Who's with me?

PloKoon2385
08-30-2001, 05:59 PM
To quote Luke: "I'm with you too!"
And Leia: "You can count me in"

El Chuxter
08-31-2001, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Some I think would have become pegwarmers are:
Jar Jar Binks soap

Bel-Cam, didn't they make Jar Jar soap?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-31-2001, 07:04 PM
I just simply listed items named by members of this Forum, El C. I believe you were who stated that! So, yes, I think I was aware of JJ soap existing. But did you buy any? That might add to its "pegwarmer" status. I do own a Wicket the Ewok soap bar, but it's tough to store without feeling it might melt on something else. Or was this Jar Jar soap liquid soap?

Lobito
10-17-2001, 05:20 PM
Sith infiltrator
AAT
Fambaa II
Pod racers...(Ody Mandrell, Ben Quadinaros, Gasgano)
Gardulla the Hutt
Jira
E.T.
Wookie Senator
Sando Aqua Monster
Snake Monster
Boss Nass advisors
Lott Dod
Amidalla in celebration dress

master jedi
10-17-2001, 08:07 PM
I'm waiting for Hasbro to make a 12 inch Shmi Skywalker and a 3 3/4" figure of Lando in Han's clothes.

Lord Malakite
10-19-2001, 12:15 PM
Jar Jar urinal cakes for everyone!

GNT
10-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
a 3 3/4" figure of Lando in Han's clothes.

That would be an easy custom to do :)

sith_killer_99
10-21-2001, 11:58 AM
I think just about EVERYONE agrees that the SITH INFILTRATOR was the coolest ship in EP1!

Most of us want to see it made! The problem is size, it was actually a very large ship.

However, I would be happy with a slightly scaled down version, say the size of a TIE fighter, with that cool elongated nose!

I could live with that! Hasbro could easily make THAT happen! And everyone would be happy!

Heck, maybe Hasbro could even give us a REALLY BAD "Exclusive figure" of Darth Maul for a pack-in.

NOOOOO, not another poorly done Darth Maul, not another poorly done pack-in.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks the Darth Maul with Speeder (not the HTF sith attack speeder) was the best Darth Maul in the line? Good likeness, great articulation, real cloth cape!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2001, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
BTW, am I the only one who thinks the Darth Maul with Speeder (not the HTF sith attack speeder) was the best Darth Maul in the line? Good likeness, great articulation, real cloth cape!!!

Yes. I've said it before. It's my fave. Unfortunately, it can be improved upon, which means Hasbro will try another resculpt. :(

JediTricks
10-22-2001, 03:02 AM
I sincerely don't want a Sith Infiltrator for the Ep 1/POTJ action figure line, I have the Micro Machine, the Die Cast, the Action Fleet, and the Lego one, and they're great, but the ship isn't (IMO of course) an action figure ship. What figures can play with the ship? Maul and... yeah, but how big will this ship have to be? $40 price range at least... for one character. But what did it do in the movie? Fly by, then land. ooooh. ;) Anyway, my point is that this isn't even as interesting as the Imperial Shuttle because that at least held several main characters.

Darth Maul Sith Speeder was, IMO, the best Maul not only for all those good reasons, but also for the darker red face paint.

bigbarada
10-22-2001, 09:21 AM
Since most everything coming out next year will be Ep2 based, I think any non-Ep2 stuff that Hasbro decides to "bless" us with should be OT vehicles and figures. Ep1 already had it's 15 minutes of fame, time to get back to the stuff that REALLY matters.....ahem......(Imperial Shuttle).

Wooooof
10-22-2001, 08:25 PM
Screw that! Give me more cool EP1 stuff! Like the other Faamba with the shield tranfer conduit...uh....thingie(???) and the Sith Infiltrator.

Boba Fett's Slave 1 only had a miniscule amount of time on screen in ESB,and it got a toy; so why not the Sith Infiltrator??

Although I do agree about the Imperial Shuttle, but I will keep my mouth shut about that for now to prevent another anxiety attack.;)

JediTricks
10-23-2001, 06:33 AM
Fett's Slave 1 had a ton of time in ESB compared to the Sith Infiltrator, the Slave 1 was shown chasing after the Millennium Falcon from the outside and inside, it was shown being loaded up, and it was shown taking off under fire. The Sith Infiltrator was shown quickly flying by the camera, then a short landing shot, a couple shots where it's in the background while Maul's sitting around including one with the probes coming out the door (not the forward hold, I might point out). I dunno, it doesn't seem to me like it did a lot, it flew, it landed, it sat there. I'd rather have a Gian Speeder than a Sith Infiltrator.

master jedi
10-23-2001, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by GNT

That would be an easy custom to do :)

Yeah but I couldn't stand defacing my hard earned star wars toys.

hairless chewie
10-25-2001, 08:31 AM
More Gungan soldiers........and a Jar-Jar gag ball for all you Jar-Jar haters!!!:D