PDA

View Full Version : I want the Twilight made already!

Tycho
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
"He [my uncle Owen] told me he was a navigtor on a spice freighter."

Which is true for when Anakin was teaching Ahsoka to be the pilot (because she has to learn from Anakin as her master).

So I want the Twilight back in more episodes, and if they can make it the scale of the Republic Attack Shuttle (which is also under-scale), I think the ship should turn out alright.

Features:

Swinging wing of course

extending / retracting landing gear

Swiveling cannon that shoot missiles

Opening rear hatch for storage of a shrunken scale Jedi Starfighter included or sold as a figure-vehicle mini-rig (I don't think they can re-use the size of the current mold and keep costs low - but go for it if it's possible).

Opening front canopy (for play value only) so you can put figures in the 4 seat cockpit with standing room behind them for 2 more characters / droids and cannon periscope prop that rotates from ceiling that you can pretend figures use.

A sickbay shelf molded in the back, like the one on the BMF. No big deal. But they can draw an arrow that points to it on the back of the box.

Maybe include an exclusive Padme figure they think would be a tough sell on a cardback (because Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahskoka do sell) or how about a 2-1B droid?

Electronics if they'd like. More blasts, less dialogue, except R2-D2 sounds are welcome!

Maybe include a Republic escape pod for rescue missions? You could put Wolfe in it or somebody?

Now that we have the Republic Shuttle, I'd buy this.

I'm sure Mark Bredeaux is aware of how to make the Twilight - and possibly wants to. Of course - JABBA'S SAILBARGE FIRST!

These are large vehicles, not starfighter assortments where I think things like Hondo's Rapier-One would fit in.Dea

1) Jabba's Sailbarge
2) Twilight
3) Blockade Runner (2 paint runs - PT blue, OT red)
4) Imperial Star Destroyer
5) Republic Star Destroyer
6) Invisible Hand Dreadnaught
7) Angel fish Jedi transport
8) Death Star (if you can pass it off as a vehicle)
9) Sandcrawler
10) Imperial Landing Shuttle
11) Palpatine's ROTS Shuttle
12) Rebel Transport
13) Rebel Medical Frigate
14) Hounds' Tooth (EU- Bossk's ship, pass it off as a Clone Wars Trandoshan Slaver's Ship)
15) Sith Infiltrator (of better proportions)
16) Dooku's solar sailor (of good proportions)
17) larger Tatooine Skiff
18) Republic Cruiser like the Radiant VII with removeable weapons to be TPM or CW style
19) MTT for sure (should be higher on the list, too!)
20) Droid Landing Craft (large enough to carry one AAT tank)
21) Trade Federation Freighter
22) Separatist Dreadnaught
23) The Malevalence
24) Republic Navy Cruiser (AOTC style)
25) Republic Freighter (later used to transport walkers, but Anakin and Padme took one to Naboo in AOTC)

I could invent the designs for a lot of these things.

El Chuxter
12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I didn't read the post, Tycho, but you should know that they've already made three or four Twilight films, so you needn't worry. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-10-2011, 03:31 AM
The Twilight hasn't appeared in the show since the beginning of Season Two, and we're past the halfway point in Season Four. Now its functions are generally taken by the Eta-class shuttle, or maybe the Republic Attack Shuttle (but rarely). I liked the connection to the ANH lines, and the fact that it was reminiscent of the Millennium Falcon, but I don't really miss it all that much and I don't think a toy version would be very interesting (it's a cockpit, a med bay, and open space where nothing much happens). So, eh, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Dark Marble
12-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I was kind of hoping that they would make this one too. I guess for me it would have been a throw back to the original Falcon with room to play but still being a "flyable" ship and not a good looking playset like the new Falcon. My thinking was that it would be big but not overly done so kids could actually lift it.

I agree with Jabba though, now that it is out of the cartoon it will not be out as a toy. :crushed: