PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars End Caps at Toys "R" Us?

icatch9
03-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Has any one else noticed that their Toys R Us has a whole end cap of Star Wars stuff? I have been to a couple in my area and they all have this. The funny thing is that they have their several Ketwolís and Sabe`s spread out to fill the empty spaces. No way that any TRU would give the high priced enc cap real estate to the lame POTJ line.

This can mean only one thing. Invasion.

Invasion by the preview figures and the final wave of POTJ figures. Not to mention the AT-ST, and Jedi Star Fighter. Plus, I sneaked a peak at the placement sheet (the map so the stock boys know what goes where) and the descriptions of the items were
POTJ Coll. 2. Isnít this what Sir Steve told us the preview figures would be shipped as?

I donít know anything for sure. I donít even have a rumor. All I have is what I think. I looked at the facts and my surroundings and just came up with a theory. If you have any input just post it.

Lord Tenebrous
03-06-2002, 05:34 PM
I noticed the endcap too. Only it's 80% Ep1 and 20% old POTJ. And right next to it...is a bin of Ep1 figures. And across from it...is a shelf of vinyl Obi-Wans.

It's all been sitting for a looong time. I might have to check out the TRU to the north for more recent merchandise.

Jedi Drew
03-06-2002, 06:41 PM
TRU in Parma, Ohio has a small section, maybe 4 Ft. and NO end cap of figures. And that's ALL....

GeneralKenobi
03-06-2002, 07:42 PM
There is a small 4 ft. endcap here in Kennesaw, Ga. Lots of Ketwols and Tesseks but I did manage to pick up a Zutton there...

Turbowars
03-06-2002, 08:42 PM
TRU in Burbank CA has a new end cap, but no new figures. It's possible that there was new figures or they are going to stock new figures because there's about ten + empty pegs

sith_killer_99
03-06-2002, 09:37 PM
Um, I too noticed this. One TRU has like 20 pegs and 1 POTJ figs hanging on each peg. It looks pretty funny.:D

Anyway, I believe that they are preping for the EP2 stuff, more so than the last waves of POTJ.

Traditionally Hasbro tends to scale down production at the end of a line (Freeze Frames, EP1, and now POTJ). I fully expect these last couple waves to be HTF. Maybe not as bad as EP1, but they will be a bit scarce. This is unfortunate, give the popularity of the Imperial Officer and Rebel Trooper.

As for the "Preview Figures" well I'm not too sure yet. I seem to remember the Preview STAP's being pretty easy to find.:confused:

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 12:08 AM
I noticed this as well, but only at two of the three TRU in my area. Hopefully something is coming.

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 12:29 AM
My TRU has recently opened up an endcap for Star Wars figures. A few days later they slashed it FULL of the Imperial Officer wave. They are all gone now of course, but it would be logical to conclude that EPII Sneak Preview figures should be arriving soon.

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 12:30 AM
(oops, I meant SMASHED, not slashed)

icatch9
03-07-2002, 08:59 AM
It seems that these endcaps are showing up all over the country. I do not think that they are prepairing for AOTC stuff, it is way to early for that. Plus, they will have the huge section in the front of the store for all that, not a small end cap. So I think that this end cap will be full of preview figs and Bo Sideburns (I mean Shek). Even though some of these preview figures are showing up now, Sir Steve says they aren't going to be out until the 15 or 16 of March. So, I guess if that date comes and goes and these TRU are still empty, .....then buttons. We all strike out. Happy Hunting.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 09:33 AM
I was just there the other day and they had an endcap dedicated to a bunch of Farmer Qui-Gons and Old Bens... oh, and Ginsu Mauls. There were no deluxe sets or anything else worth mentioning. I think there may have been some 12" plastic fur Chewies there as well, but I can't remember. This is better than the little 1x4 high space they had devoted to SW figures over the holidays. There were no more E1 figures there. They have all disappeared. I think they dumped them because they had been sitting on the pegs for far too long.

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 10:48 AM
Ginsu Mauls! Haha, I like that!

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks Jay!

I suppose if I could just get one person to chuckle today... then I did my part to relieve the tensions of the world for just a second. I like when that happens. :D

PloKoon2385
03-07-2002, 04:20 PM
My TRU in Western Washington, has only a kiosk of Star Wars, and it is a small kiosk at that. True, I haven't been there recently, but I didn't see any signs of change.