PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Weapons

Jek Porky 2002
03-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Are the weapons on your Sneak Preview figures bendy and floppy so that they either dont fit in the hand properly or they bend and look really silly?

haggis
03-06-2002, 11:22 PM
I just opened my AOTC Collection 2 Tusken Raider (female w Tusken Child) and her Gaffi stick is somewhat floppy. Not as bad as some POTJ blasters were and apparently the new Preview figs.
The rest of this figure is certainly not floppy. It's two solid pieces with arms below the elbow and feet attached to the lower half. The Tusken child has only moveable arms.

starwars92590
03-07-2002, 06:08 PM
who cares! i open it i look at it for a little bit and put it on a shelf, hoping that my cousin dosen't touch it.:D

Starfig873
03-07-2002, 07:05 PM
Yep, mine are floppy, but dang, they still are great! I love thes figures...

gibbspaulus
03-08-2002, 05:00 AM
I agree - they are fabulous looking... apart from the guns! I took the plastic 'rope' off of Jango's right hand and now he can't hold the gun un-aided! Also, both guns have warped. I am now worried that if I remove Zam's little blaster for her to hold the rifle then she'll never hold it again!!!!!

R3T& is the BEST RZ unit I have ever seen. The paint-job and attention to details are amazing - and the see-though dome as well...

Clone toorp - still doing the time warp!

corporal AMF
03-09-2002, 08:01 PM
i hope they make a new republic-rebel trooper blaster with another figure because the ROTJ rebel balster is way too small !:frus:

Lman316
03-09-2002, 08:08 PM
Yeah, mine are floppy too. Zam's and Jango's are the worst though (except for Zam's rifle, which actually seems sturdy enough).
I didn't take the blasters out of Jango's hands, worrying that he might not be able to hold them again. But I did take the blaster out of Zam's to try the rifle. Well, she can't hold the rifle to save her life, but don't worry, gibbspaulus, you can put the blaster back in her hand, she'll still hold it. Plus, she's got a nifty holster to put it in, even though it might warp while you're trying to put it in there.

Heh, would you look at that. I'm finally a Sith Initiate :D

Obi-Don
03-10-2002, 07:02 AM
Yes all the guns are very soft. Zam can't hold the rifle and the blaster keeps falling out of the hoslter. I used the clear rubber band to hold the blaster in and used another for the rifle. I won't take off the others for the fear that they will not be able to hold thier guns again. They do look good though.

Fulit
03-10-2002, 10:30 AM
I hate friggin' rubbery weapons! I put the blast effect on Zam's rifle, and about 24 hours later the damn thing was pointed at the ground. Now it's oermanently warped. What the hell would be so hard about going back to the sturdier weapons?

Wait, is it rubbery weapons I 'm angry at, or gravity? Hmm.........

Lman316
03-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Wait, is it rubbery weapons I 'm angry at, or gravity? Hmm.........

If the weapons were sturdier, gravity wouldn't be a factor in this. So, I think Hasbro should bring back some harder plastic. Like Teebo's spear. That thing is like cement.
But I actually thought Zam's rifle was a little sturdier than most. I was expecting another Aurra Sing rifle when I opened the package, so I was pleased that it wasn't like gum. Her little blaster is soft though, but I think I already mentioned that.

SithDroid
03-10-2002, 01:14 PM
A lot of the weapons lately have been made of a cheaper softer plastic. I don't like this because they never seem to be able to hold their intended shape. The only reason Hasbro is making them this way is so that they can abide by safety regulations in case some stupid kid tries to swallow the dang thing. Hey when I was 4 and 5 and playing with the Vintage figures I never thought to myself, "Hey, I wonder what this tastes like." Where were the safety standards in my day. Who cares? Any kid stupid enough to swallow a hard piece of plastic deserves what they get. Don't hold the toy companies responsible for stupid children and bad parenting.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Money.

:rolleyes:

Unit-01
03-11-2002, 03:12 PM
I think it's SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO damn retarded looking at these toyfair images and whatnot, with these weapons bent WAY out of proportion. I bet if you asked Hasbro "what is wrong with this guy's weapon?" they'll be like "nothing is wrong" or they would kill you because you know too much :sur: :eek: :dead: . :crazed: