PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Christmas Hauls (and greetings/well wishes)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Merry Christmas day! I didn't see a continuing thread, so I guess I'm the earliest up and posting.

sith_killer_99
12-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Merry Christmas to all the SSGers! I hope your day is at least as wonderful as mine has been so far.

I was thrilled to give my daughter a Nintendo 3DS this year, her grandma got her a Kindle. The boy got RC cars, Hot Wheels, Star Wars Playskool Millennium Falcon, Land Speeder, and figures.

I got gifts from the Reagan Library, and Star Wars coasters.

My wife got a nook Simple Touch with a bunch of accessories.

JimJamBonds
12-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Merry Christmas/Happy Festivus/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Life Day/whatever the Pagan holiday was before Christian's took the day over/etc

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Got a 20th Anniversary Darth Revan and Bane. Tried for a long time to get those. Also got several clothes, a few books, and gift cards assorted.

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to all SSGers and their families. :positive::highly_amused::courage:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Got the usual bag of goodies from my sister - jars of homemade jam, Chex mix (also homemade), caramel corn, and a couple other things.

Got the usual $100 from mom.

My girlfriend got me a Clone Wars Monopoly game, and her kids got me a Lord of the Rings Pez set.

A few gifts from co-workers, one of which was Star Wars related - a Clone Trooper candy dispenser.

I've got a few things for myself lately, though. Last week I finally got an iPhone. Never had a cell phone of any kind before. I've taken my first step into a larger world.

Yesterday, I had my checkbook with me when I went to Costco, so when I passed by the CDs and saw the Pink Floyd Discovery boxed set, I decided to get it. The only Pink Floyd I had in my collection prior to this was the Echoes compilation.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I've got a few things for myself lately, though. Last week I finally got an iPhone. Never had a cell phone of any kind before. I've taken my first step into a larger world.Another one down. :cry: Why? WHY?!? :sad:

I went out this morning (wonderful what insomnia does to help stimulate the economy :zzz: :greedy: :rolleyes: ) and picked up a few SW things (some even on sale): Advent set, Clone Trooper mini Transformer, mini Lego Rep. Cruiser

Yesterday, my good hauls were:
- Pittsburgh stuff (Penguins, Pirates hats; Steelers luggage tag)
- Star Wars items (quote pens, mini lunchbox, Lego)
- clothing (pants, shirts, nice socks)
- calendars
- mini umbrella
- snacks
- a few gift cards, moola
- blanket, towel set
- sturdy 3-hole punch (for school)
- annual calendar lip balm :thumbsup:
- time with friends and family :mushy: ;)

LTBasker
12-26-2011, 11:49 AM
It could kind of be said I got a slightly bigger family for Christmas since my cousin got majority custody of his two sons earlier this month. It was the biggest family Christmas I've been a part of (so far), so that was pretty nice.

As for the rest...
Nerf Stampede ECS-18
Nerf Bandolier w/ magazines kit
Norelco SensoTouch cordless razor
DC Universe Classics Indigo Lantern The Atom
McFarlane Halo Reach Ghost
McFarlane Halo Master Chiefs Evolution 3-pack
Terry's Chocolate Orange x2
Stargate Universe Season 2 DVD
Dracula: Dead and Loving It DVD
Clerks II 2-Disc DVD
Muppet Treasure Island Anniversary Edition DVD
Hot Fuzz 3-Disc Collector's Edition DVD
V for Vendetta 2-Disc Special Edition DVD
Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut DVD
Emoticon ";)" Mug w/ cocoa mix
Trio of Interlocking wooden puzzles
McGraw Cologne set
Personal manicure set (more puzzled by that one than the puzzles)
$50 Visa debit gift card
$50 Vintage Stock (comic shop) gift card
Various candies

From a friend:
Han Solo in Carbonite chocolate bar
Top Gear Stig-asaurus shirt
Firefly "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" shirt
Firefly "You are beginning to damage my calm!" shirt

And... somewhat of a Christmas haul: last night I used my visa gift card to buy a pair of Nerf ammo cases w/ streamline darts off of Amazon.

sith_killer_99
12-26-2011, 03:52 PM
[COLOR=#222222]Last week I finally got an iPhone. Never had a cell phone of any kind before. I've taken my first step into a larger world.

Wow, I gotta say, when you go for something you jump in with both feet!

A cell phone and text messaging has basically been a job requirement for me since 2006. The service plan has kept me away from the iPhone, I just can"t afford to spend that kind of cash on cell phone service.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2011, 07:25 PM
This year was yet another good year.

*Death Star Trench Run set
*Remote Control Republic Fighter Tank
*Luke Skywalker's Tauntaun
*Landspeeder
*The Search for Luke Skywalker
*Clone Wars figures - Savage Opress (armored), Chewbacca, Even Piell, Stealth Ops Clone Trooper, ARF Trooper (Kamino), R7-D4
*Vintage figures - Rebel Fleet Trooper, all 12 figures from the TPM wave, another Darth Maul to keep carded
*AT-RT with ARF Trooper (Ryloth)
*BARC Speeder with Clone Trooper Buzz
*B-wing Fighter
*LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for Wii
*Star Wars characters 2012 calendar
*More Information Than You Require by John Hodgman
*Classic cinema DVD compilation
*$50
*$20 Barnes & Noble gift card
*two shirts

Notable presents for the whole family/other family members:
*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 DVD
*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 for Wii

Jedi_nav
12-26-2011, 10:57 PM
I got the Death Star Trench Run set, Star Wars:The Old Republic: Revan, Star Wars: Shadow Games, Splinter of the Minds Eye(which surprisinly I've never read), a R2-D2 flash drive, and my son found for me the elusive Vintage Collection: Arc Trooper Commander. Not to bad I'd say.

Lord Malakite
12-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Here is my haul from Christmas.

4 pairs of socks
3 pairs of pants
A Super Mario shirt
A Star Wars: The Clone Wars coloring book
An LED flashlight
Bag of chocolate covered pretzels
2 large Hershey's chocolate bars (1 dark and 1 cookies & creme)
Large box of Boston Baked Beans
A large Star Wars "Yoda head" shaped marshmallow on a sucker stick
$30 cash
A Ben 10 Marker and Stamp set
An RC Syma S107 helicopter (red color)
Separate baggie of multiple replacement parts for helicopter (red color)
Separate A/C adapter for helicopter
6 extra AA batteries (for helicopter)
An electronic "breathing sound" Super-D Darth Vader candy dispenser with candy
A 4" Rita Repulsa action figure from the Power Rangers Samurai toyline
A plush "toon" Link doll from The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Limited Edition Gold Remote Bundle) for the Wii

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Another one down. :cry: Why? WHY?!? :sad:Well, now that I have a girlfriend, it will be more convenient to have one when we are trying to meet someplace and/or plans change at the last minute.

Wow, I gotta say, when you go for something you jump in with both feet!

A cell phone and text messaging has basically been a job requirement for me since 2006. The service plan has kept me away from the iPhone, I just can"t afford to spend that kind of cash on cell phone service.
Yes, that is why I have waited so long to get one. I rarely use the phone, so it is kind of hard to justify it. An iPod Touch might have been a better option, but I prefer to have the calling option and not just text and data. Sprint might have been a better deal than AT&T, but AT&T is the only one at this point that will allow you to do other things while on a call. I might not need to do that, but nice to have the ability.

JediTricks
12-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Merry Christmas, gang! Glad to see some cool gets.

Here's my hauls:

Sideshow 12" Cmdr Cody
SW Saga Blu-Ray
SW Jedi Path (I had heard a little about this, but its press isn't really apt, it's much cooler than it seems, as it should be for its price - it's an electronic vault that has a great presentation, and then there are physical things inside - too bad there's so much annoying Ahsoka writing in the margins)
SW Scanimation book (cute concept, limited imagery and just quotes, not enough "book" context)
Glow in the Dark Fushigi Ball (I like it just as a nifty GITD ball surrounded by acrylic, not as a contact juggling item which is beyond my skills to make look good)
Sansa Clip Zip 8gb
Batman Arkham City for PS3
Stack-On metal toolbox
Metalocalypse season 3 DVD
a tiny motorized, lit, mirrored disco ball
I'm Just Here for the Food, by Alton Brown (book v2.0)
Spyderco Tasman Salt (serrated hawkbill blade, this thing is wicked-looking but way smaller than I expected)