PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair 2012

SirSteve
01-01-2012, 07:41 PM
As Toy Fair 2012 nears, what are you wanting to see from Hasbro?

bigbarada
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Final carded samples of Kithaba, Dr. Evazan and the deleted scene wave. Anything outside of that is just gravy.

Although, I will be highly disappointed if there is a heavy Ep1 presence like there was for NYCC. It's going to be hard enough selling all the Ep1 merchandise that they've announced so far (I think Hasbro is fully aware of this, which is why they've nixed the street date). If we see too much more released, then we're likely going to be buried in TPM toys all the way into 2013.

El Chuxter
01-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd like to see a smaller Clone Wars presence, but that's just me. :D

Honestly, I'd like to see most of the 2011 GIJoe figures re-released on new cards for the 99% of us who weren't able to find them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2012, 04:30 PM
It seems like they already showed a good deal of everything coming out between now and summer, so I have to wonder how much they'll even show here and how much they'll hold back for SDCC (and then how much they'll hold back for CVI).

If nothing else, I'd like to see the big vehicle. I'm hoping it's an MTT, but we'll see.

Although, I will be highly disappointed if there is a heavy Ep1 presence like there was for NYCC. It's going to be hard enough selling all the Ep1 merchandise that they've announced so far (I think Hasbro is fully aware of this, which is why they've nixed the street date). If we see too much more released, then we're likely going to be buried in TPM toys all the way into 2013.
I can't be sure, but I think what was revealed at NYCC might be most of the TPM stuff. They said it's going to be a similar year to 2008 with the CW movie - lighter than the prequel movie years, but still a strong focus on the theatrical release. As I said, I'd like an MTT, and I know there is still a TVC Jar Jar coming later in the year, so I think that any other TPM stuff will just be sprinkled throughout the year and not as heavy as it will be at first.

I'd like to see a smaller Clone Wars presence, but that's just me.
The fact that there are only 19 basic carded figures in the CW line (almost half of which are repacks) means you'll undoubtedly get your wish. There are rumors of more CW sets in the figure and vehicle packs, but since they've finally introduced movie figures into that line (and back into the battle packs) means it's up in the air right now.

bigbarada
01-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh yeah, and I want to know who won the Fan's Choice Poll. Anybody but Darth Plagueis, please.

El Chuxter
01-02-2012, 05:11 PM
In all seriousness, I'd just like to know if they're aware that the perfect storm of re-released figures, higher prices, animation-style CW figures, and lousy distribution/case assortments have chased a lot of hardcore collectors away from SW. And what they plan to do to get them back, aside from a pretty cardback.

JediTricks
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
More vehicles, lower pricing, a hint that someone in charge actually is trying to foster rather than torpedo the brand.

Battle Droid
01-20-2012, 11:53 PM
ROTS Nute Gunray revealed as the Fan's Choice winner.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I just heard about Mini Rigs. That would be cool; especially "just off camera" vehicles from the PT (think: mini pod racer, mini bongo, mini clone ships, mini Wookiee fliers, etc.).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
I just heard about Mini Rigs. That would be cool; especially "just off camera" vehicles from the PT (think: mini pod racer, mini bongo, mini clone ships, mini Wookiee fliers, etc.).
The "mini rigs" line has been going since 2009. Now it's called the Class I vehicle line, while before it was deluxe figure and vehicle packs, or what have you. Many of the selections have been based on vehicles from the show, like speeder bikes and that sort of thing, with a few mini-rig-type ones thrown in for good measure, like the Y-wing Scout Bomber and the upcoming Attack Recon Fighter. They're just now moving into selections from the films, though TRU has had a few film-based repacks in the past.

DarkJedi5
02-14-2012, 01:25 AM
So I heard about some new battle packs built around Naboo and Bespin themes that featured new figures but have yet to see any pics.

Edit: Apparently, the Naboo set includes newly sculpted Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul while Bespin has Han, Vader, and Boba Fett. Still haven't found pics….