PDA

View Full Version : January 30 street date still in effect

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
There was some confusion in the last few weeks about the street date going away. Turns out it was just faulty reporting on behalf of Rebelscum, and the only place where the street date was lifted was in the UK. Everywhere else will still be getting the stuff on January 30, aside, of course, from early leaks (as many people have found the TVC wave, and the Class I vehicles are making their way out now as well).

This note from Hasbro was sent to a few sites:

Hello and Happy New Year!

We wanted to take a moment and quickly clarify a discrepancy in the retail launch date of Hasbro's first 2012 items that began popping up online over the holidays. January 30, 2012, is the date for Hasbro's STAR WARS product to go on shelf in all countries except the U.K., which is setting now. If you've posted any other date, or have received questions from your readers, please note that 1/30 is the set date. Thanks!

Also, please keep an eye out in the weeks ahead for an announcement of Hasbro's New York Toy Fair news and activities!

Best,
Joe

on behalf of Hasbro, Inc.

El Chuxter
01-03-2012, 02:40 PM
When there are only three major chains left, once an entire chain lets the product leak, they may as well drop the street date to give the other two a chance.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2012, 03:25 PM
I think that would be a fine idea if the store had put out all the merchandise. But since it's just the Vintage figures at Target (and to a much smaller extent right now, the Class I vehicle packs at Walmart, and some of the role-play stuff that most collectors don't really care about anyway), I'm glad that they're allowing all the stores to start out on an equal footing with everything else all at once. For me, it's fun to walk into a store and see nothing but new stuff all at once. I prefer that to letting things slowly trickle in, as we get enough of that the rest of the time.

sebillba
01-04-2012, 01:09 AM
I wish they had kept the original street date in the UK as well.... there was a big announcement on Boxing Day that the UK was supposedly getting them first on that day, but as my local TRU was closed then, I went the following day, only to find the vintage pegs (only one row) almost empty - apparently they had all been put out several days before. I was lucky enough to nab 6 of the figures I wanted, but there were still another 4 I want, which I've had to pre-order online at higher prices. Maybe there will be restocks at a later date, but knowing how reliable TRU are, I can't risk it. So not only have I missed out on walking into TRU on the first day of release, when I would have a much better chance of getting all I wanted at the most reasonable prices, but I also had to add to my already groaning Christmas credit card.

Darth Metalmute
01-22-2012, 06:02 PM
What exactly is street dated material? At the Walmart in Casa Grande, there is battle packs, clone wars, and classic figures all with Darth Maul Packaging. The Episode 1 Vintage figures are on the shelves as well. I've almost picked up the Savage Oppress twice.

I really like the Darth Maul packaging. The transparent picture of the figure is a nice touch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2012, 09:53 PM
What exactly is street dated material? At the Walmart in Casa Grande, there is battle packs, clone wars, and classic figures all with Darth Maul Packaging. The Episode 1 Vintage figures are on the shelves as well. I've almost picked up the Savage Oppress twice.

I really like the Darth Maul packaging. The transparent picture of the figure is a nice touch.
Walmart is ignoring the street date, though it varies from store to store. Most TRUs and Targets still seem to
be waiting, though. Everything in the Darth Maul packaging, and the TPM Vintage wave, are the street dated products (along with a few other odds and ends).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I went to TRU on Monday 1/30; very nice, huge SW display near the front of the store (only bought one MH figure: Clone Trooper with Wings). Went to Target the same day; that weird square border with the new packaging logos but... nothing new. Just the same ol' CW and other warmers. :(