PDA

View Full Version : So what figures are coming out on May 16?



KingOfSting
03-06-2002, 09:32 PM
what are the 12 or so figures coming out on May 16th? from what i've gathered it seems as though we can expect a new zam wessel, hangar duel anakin, genosian rescue mace, count dooku(darth tyranus, whatever), but who else should be available around then? i hear of some lists on the internet of the 26 figs available by the time the movie comes out, but the only ones ive found are the lists fro whats coming out on the 23rd...any help would be apppreciated

Beast
03-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
what are the 12 or so figures coming out on May 16th? from what i've gathered it seems as though we can expect a new zam wessel, hangar duel anakin, genosian rescue mace, count dooku(darth tyranus, whatever), but who else should be available around then? i hear of some lists on the internet of the 26 figs available by the time the movie comes out, but the only ones ive found are the lists fro whats coming out on the 23rd...any help would be apppreciated
Hasbro said that there would be a total of 26 figures out at the time the movie opens. The list may not be 100% accurate, as who comes in a case may change. And it's odd that Pilot Obi-Wan wasn't listed, but this is a preliminary list. According to the press release the remaining 12 that will hit on or just before MAY 16th will be:

Collection 1:
Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel
CloneTrooper
Count Dooku: Dark Lord
Mace Windu: Geonosian Rescue
Yoda: Jedi Master
Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter

Collection 2:
Geonosian Warrior
Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
Luminara Unduli: Jedi Master
Nikto: Jedi Knight
Royal Guard: Coruscant Security
Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

INDIANA
03-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Jar Jar, do you consider that a pretty final list for May? There have been other threads which mentioned other figures that are missing. As you stated, Obi-Wan, also Pilot Padme and a Kaminoan, Dexter Jettster and Beheaded Jango. Will these be later in the year, along with Palpatine?

Also, which Clonetrooper? The Commander?

Thanks !

Beast
03-06-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
Jar Jar, do you consider that a pretty final list for May? There have been other threads which mentioned other figures that are missing. As you stated, Obi-Wan, also Pilot Padme and a Kaminoan, Dexter Jettster and Beheaded Jango. Will these be later in the year, along with Palpatine? Also, which Clonetrooper? The Commander? Thanks !
I think it's close, though I would hope they switch Obi-Wan: Pilot with one of the figures. But according to Toy Fair the basic Obi-Wan appears to fit in the StarFighter. Padme: Pilot, Lama Su, Taun We, Dexter Jettster and Jango: Geonosian Arena I think are more likely for later this summer, and fall.

As for what Clonetrooper, the press release just states CloneTrooper. So I am going to assume that they mean just a basic trooper, and not the command trooper. Since all the other charecters got a designation like "hanger Duel". If it was the Commander, I assume it would have said, "Commander".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

INDIANA
03-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Thank You Jar Jar.

I really do appreciate what you try to do here. You seem to be one of the best sources of info to turn to.

Do you have any idea how Hasbro will do the case assortments? Will the Preview 4 case of figs be gone after their month in the spotlight? Will the 4/23 figures be around after the 5.16s hit the shelves? Are we looking at the possibility of 5 different case assortments being distributed at the same time?

Also, are we looking at having "short packed" figures on the 23rd? If the cases are still 12 pieces, and there are 8 figures in the C1 assortment, that implies that at least 4 figures will be short packed as 1-per-case. I know the availability of stock will be less than it was with E1, so could we have some possibly hard-to-find figures right at the start?

Lord Tenebrous
03-06-2002, 10:51 PM
I seem to recall hearing that Collection 1 would be a 16-figure box, with 2X of each figure. Wasn't that the way that the first wave of TPM figures were packed?

Beast
03-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by INDIANA
Thank You Jar Jar. I really do appreciate what you try to do here. You seem to be one of the best sources of info to turn to.
Do you have any idea how Hasbro will do the case assortments? Will the Preview 4 case of figs be gone after their month in the spotlight? Will the 4/23 figures be around after the 5.16s hit the shelves? Are we looking at the possibility of 5 different case assortments being distributed at the same time?
Also, are we looking at having "short packed" figures on the 23rd? If the cases are still 12 pieces, and there are 8 figures in the C1 assortment, that implies that at least 4 figures will be short packed as 1-per-case. I know the availability of stock will be less than it was with E1, so could we have some possibly hard-to-find figures right at the start?
The preview figures will stop shipping around the time that the switch over takes place to blue cards. So that means they will be avaliable for only around a month, but might pop up occassionally in stores that have main warehouses. But since we already will have by May 16th replacemnets for the 3 main figures in the preview set, I don't see them showing up much after the blue saga cards start showing up. So:

March 16th: Preview Cases (Some are popping up now)
April 23rd: Collection 1 and 2: Wave 1
May 16th: Collection 1 and 2: Wave 2 (refresh case)

Yeah, I don't like the idea that it's a 12 figure case, and there are 8 figures in collection 1. That means the breakdown will probably be heavy packing main charecters like Anakin, Padme, and Jango, and then short packing all the rest at 1 per case. :( In my opinion, they should have went to a 16 figure case for collection 1.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I seem to recall hearing that Collection 1 would be a 16-figure box, with 2X of each figure. Wasn't that the way that the first wave of TPM figures were packed?
The original Collection 1 cases for May 3rd were 32 figures, that allowed 4 of each figure, as well as 1 of each Battle droid. The print out from TRU says Collection 1: 12 figures. So unless that changes there will be short packs. Which sucks, cause you know that they will short pack probably- Super Battle Droid, Kit Fisto, R2-D2, and C-3PO. Expecting kids would prefer- Anakin, Padme, Jango, and Obi-Wan. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-07-2002, 04:36 AM
Yeah, on a case assortment that was released earlier for the first collection 1 case on Apr. 23rd the Battle Droid is supposed to be only packed 1 per and Obi-Wan and Anakin get 3 per. Another Peg-Warms over Army Builders case. :Pirate:

Jek Porky 2002
03-07-2002, 03:19 PM
When do you think carded images of these will start popping up, I can never settle untill I see them carded.

Jedi Clint
03-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Has there been any new information regarding the May 16th figures?

Do we have a definite case breakdown yet?

Are these:

Collection 1:
Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel
CloneTrooper
Count Dooku: Dark Lord
Mace Windu: Geonosian Rescue
Yoda: Jedi Master
Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter

Collection 2:
Geonosian Warrior
Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
Luminara Unduli: Jedi Master
Nikto: Jedi Knight
Royal Guard: Coruscant Security
Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master

absolutely the next wave of AOTC figures that will be released after the initial wave? If they were packed without any of the previous wave's figures then it would be an even 2 each of those figures.

Is this a good guess as to the case breakdown for the initial waves (12 per case)?

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
2 [01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
1 [04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
2 [13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
1 [05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
2 [03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
2 [02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
1 [14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry
1 [06] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
2 [11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
2 [07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
2 [09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
2 [12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
2 [10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
2 [08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Just a quick case to make and maybe severely wrong. As some of you know people have been finding the AOTC figures at Wal-Mart way early, like now. One guy said he found a Nikto Jedi and a Geonisian Warrior. This was found in the April 23rd box. Might we be getting these early?

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 08:28 PM
"Found: battle droid, Captain Typho, Boba Fett, Dexter Jettster, Genosian Warrior, Saesee Tiin, Tuskin Raider, Plo Koon, Jar Jar Binks, Shaak Ti, Nikto Found Obi Wan, ANakin, and Clonetrooper 12 inch, didnt find any of the collection 1 figures. On the box it said On Shelf Date No Earlier than April 23, 2002 on every side. All that was left from several cases when I left were a few Tuskin Raiders and Battle Droids and a couple others, everyone raped the boxes for the rest."

Yeah, this is what he wrote in Just Found(USA)

CrossWizard
03-27-2002, 08:51 PM
I can tell you for a fact that he either is mistaken or lying, cause on monday night I went to Walmart after all the reports, and saw Captain Typho, The Battle Droid and Female Tusken, and none of them had any indication of Nikto, the Genosian or Saesee on the back of the cards, plus the case is set at 6 figures(2 of each).

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 10:17 PM
I'm tending to believe you, but I sure wish it was true. I want the Nikto Jedi.

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 10:38 PM
Oh, on a side note he mentioned Jar Jar. I didn't even know he was close to being released. And on the subject of Jar Jar, I thought he was briefly in the movie as a senator and not, for the most part, like he was in EP1. Why does the figure have him in his Senator robes and in a fighting stance with that staff thing.

Beast
03-28-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
Oh, on a side note he mentioned Jar Jar. I didn't even know he was close to being released. And on the subject of Jar Jar, I thought he was briefly in the movie as a senator and not, for the most part, like he was in EP1. Why does the figure have him in his Senator robes and in a fighting stance with that staff thing.
The immortal question. Actually most of us around here aren't to sure on this one. Since the figure isn't even in the robes he's shown wearing in the trailer. And he's sculpted in a fighting stance, and not a standard non-action pose like Palpy and Orn Free Taa.

I see only two possibilities, he either helps Anakin kill the Kouhus Assassin Centipedes in Padme's Quarters. Or he may possibly lead one of the squads of Clone Troopers into battle on Geonosis. We know that he's the Gungan Senator, which has kept him close to Padme, and he may have offered to lead one of the squads out of loyalty to her. I guess we will have to wait and see the movie, but I am backing the leading the troops idea.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

The immortal question. Actually most of us around here aren't to sure on this one. Since the figure isn't even in the robes he's shown wearing in the trailer. And he's sculpted in a fighting stance, and not a standard non-action pose like Palpy and Orn Free Taa.

I see only two possibilities, he either helps Anakin kill the Kouhus Assassin Centipedes in Padme's Quarters. Or he may possibly lead one of the squads of Clone Troopers into battle on Geonosis. We know that he's the Gungan Senator, which has kept him close to Padme, and he may have offered to lead one of the squads out of loyalty to her. I guess we will have to wait and see the movie, but I am backing the leading the troops idea.



I'm thinking the same thing JJB. I think the figure is based on him helping to defend Padme at some point, probably during the assasination attempt at her apartment.

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 06:54 PM
Well after seeing the boxed Jar Jar and it saying, I believe, Senator Robes, I don't know if he's a version to lead the Clone Troopers. The bug idea sounds right though. He also looks almost in a neutral position in the box although there are crinkles in his robe and all that show he can be moved.