PDA

View Full Version : FaceTime Rocks!

sith_killer_99
01-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Okay, so I bought a new iPod touch the other night and my sister has an iPhone, so I decided to try out this whole "FaceTime" thing. It's great! The camera is admittedly a bit awkward. You have to hold the device up in order to get a good image, but otherwise it was fun. The speaker is a bit weak but a set of earphones resolves that pretty quick.

There are some other really great and fun apps as well, iMessage is another fun way to text message without using the old cell phone.

I am looking forward to really digging into iOS 5.

Is anyone else on the iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5?

DarkJedi5
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I have to admit facetime is great. My wife and I were able to watch our nieces open their christmas presents from the otherside of the country via a quick FaceTime. It was pretty cool.

JimJamBonds
01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Isn't the point of calling somebody on the phone so they can't see you?

sith_killer_99
01-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Isn't the point of calling somebody on the phone so they can't see you?

That is what MY phone is for! My iPod is for FaceTime so people CAN see me.:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Isn't the point of calling somebody on the phone so they can't see you?This device will totally ruin prank calling and bomb threats. (that last one is a good thing)

JediTricks
01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Careful, Facetime is a battery hog and the ipod touch ain't no iphone, it doesn't have much battery to give. I only used it once in a while, didn't really mind it but didn't see the advantage, and everybody looks weird up close using it. I don't use skype video chat on my pc either though anymore, just slows down the conversation.

JimJamBonds
01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
This device will totally ruin prank calling and bomb threats. (that last one is a good thing)
Caller ID was already killed prank calling.