PDA

View Full Version : Tusken Raider(Female w Tusken Child)

haggis
03-06-2002, 11:44 PM
Another from AOTC Collection 2. I finally caved and decided to open this. It's a nicely sculpted and detailed figure. It's basically two parts: solid upper and lower body. The arms are only below the elbow and the figure has only feet attached to the lower torso(no legs) The gaffi stick is small compared to previous ones(lady-sized) but nicely painted. The Tusken child is one solid piece except for articulated arms and fits nicely on the back of his Mommy. Overall, a pretty cool looking figure but don't expect her to join in any Sand People attacks as she doesn't really have the moves.

Tycho
03-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Is it just me, or does your picture make it look like the best Tusken we ever got was the 1996 POTF2 figure?

I also like the one on the Bantha.

They still haven't accomplished "the definitive Tusken."

haggis
03-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Don't let my primitive digital camera and poor photography skills put you off. I don't think the lighting does the newer figures justice. I am quite fond of the articulation of the POTJ Tusken Raider(Desert Sniper). The paint job on Sandwoman (not so much sandkiddie, though) is also very good. Judge for yourself when these babies are warming the pegs in April.
I agree with you that the Bantha is rather excellent. Wish I had a second one to open and take bad photos of.

mark2d2
03-22-2002, 04:57 AM
Hey, where did you get the plastic display base? I don't recognize it . . .

haggis
03-22-2002, 07:08 PM
It's just the Tattoine Showdown base with the cardboard insert from Mama Tusken's package jammed in there. Nothing too exciting.