PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Wave 2 of the Movie Heroes line!!!

JEDIpartner
01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I am really looking forward to this wave. I think the play features in the Jedi and Maul are kinda cool and fun and really "toyetic". The Jar Jar looks quite good and I think this is probably THE good repaint/reissue of Tatooine Anakin (especially siince it comes with his racing helmet). The weird thing about Obi-Wan is that the head sculpt looks so much better than the one that was reissued in the TPM Vintage Collection line.

El Chuxter
01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
What are the Padme and Anakin reissues of? Or are there new figures in this line?

JEDIpartner
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I think Anakin is a reissue of a 1999 figure. The Padme is new. There are reissues and new figures in this Movie Heroes range. The first wave was all reissues and this second wave is a mix of mostly new and some old. The Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have light-up lightsabers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Anakin is actually new, as far as I can tell. Every figure in this wave is new - the shock trooper is from wave 1.

Chux, this line mixes old and new figures. All 12 wave 1 figures are repacks or repaints. Wave 2 is completely new. I'm not sure on future plans but it will probably be a mix. So that means, unlike the past, all three lines (The Vintage Collection, The Clone Wars, and Movie Heroes) consist of a mix of new, repacked, and repainted figures.

El Chuxter
01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh, crap, that means I have to actually start looking at the figures on Maul cards? :eek:

Does seem odd; there's a little boy Anakin out right now, as well as Qui-Gon, Maul, and Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar's actually one of the very, very few I'd seriously consider keeping carded on a Vintage card.

JEDIpartner
01-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Well, the thing with this line is that there are play features incorporated into most of the figures or that they aren't super-articulated. They also have weapons or accessories that "do something" rather than merely accessorise.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2012, 08:34 AM
The reviews on these figures have been pretty good. I am REALLY looking forward to these now!!!

JEDIpartner
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
So stoked 'cos I just learnt that this wave shipped on the 6th, which means I might actually be getting these today or... maybe early next week!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-01-2012, 12:21 AM
I just got all six of these at a Walmart since I just so happened to be there when they were bringing out a case. Some of the paint on the faces is a bit wonky, but nothing horrendous. The light-up sabers are bright and awesome!

JetsAndHeels
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I haven't seen these at retail yet. I'm trying not to be too impatient, but I want these!!

LTBasker
04-09-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm debating whether I want to pick up the electronic figures. When I saw mention of the light-up lightsabers I assumed it would turn out pretty lame and I was never quite impressed with the Power F/X figures back in '96... but they actually did turn out kind of cool. Maybe it's the decent sculpting, or that Obi-Wan actually has a blue blade rather than green, or just all of the above. They just came out pretty neat. Though, regardless of whether I pick up these first two I'm definitely getting the upcoming Darth Vader.

mtriv73
04-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Found the wave this weekend. I have to say that I hate the light up figures because of the wide shoulders. If a friend hadn't said he wanted them, I would have returned them by now. Jar jar is great, amidala is exactly as expected, and the anakin exceeded expectations because of the great sculpt. Didn't get Maul but he looked good on the pegs. If I hadn't bought one last month from the vintage collection, I probably would have picked him up.

JetsAndHeels
04-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm still on the hunt for these figures. Hopefully soon.

JEDIpartner
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I still haven't seen these at retail. What a mess!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-06-2012, 04:09 PM
They should be out real soon, mainly because the BOGO sales of last week CLEARLY were meant to clear out peg space for new stuff! Right? Right, Target and TRU?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2012, 08:30 PM
I've only ever seen these one more time, and it was at the same Walmart where I got them. I've read that people are already finding wave 3 . . . this distribution is just ridiculous.

JediTricks
06-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I saw wave 2 once at Target, one of the stores that was charging I think $10.72 per figure. Someone had bought Jar Jar and left the other 4 sitting, and I also left them sitting there.

TheDarthVader
06-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I would like to get amidala and anakin, but I have not seen these at retail either. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
That Walmart is still sitting on a complete set of this wave as of last night. Last week, I picked up light-up Vader and backpack Luke.

Vader is pretty cool - his bulky stature works well with the electronics, so he just looks more or less natural as opposed to the sorta-beefed-up Qui-Gon and the really-beefed-up Obi-Wan. It's a good sculpt and a fun figure.

Luke is the same as the 2009 release, but his skirt piece has been modified to have a peg for his launcher (finally) and a hole for his backpack, which rotates really easily due to the bizarre placing of the connector. It doesn't really do a zipline feature like some of the other recent backpacks (Movie Heroes Amidala, Clone Wars Obi-Wan/Even Piell, etc.), but it just goes in and out. I wish they kept the zipline feature on this one. The grappling hook launcher doesn't have a grappling hook, so it's just the gun with no string or anything. He also has a lit-up lightsaber instead of just the hilt this time, which was a good choice. The only other obvious difference is that, on mine, his orange visor is a little cloudier and less transparent than the original version. The 2009 figure still holds up, and the peg for the launcher is nice to have, but this release isn't super important to have, I'd say.

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
The backpack looked like the kind where you pull the bottom string to make the top string retract, is that not the case? That'd be the key feature for this figure, if they didn't include it they'd be wasting everyone's time.

DarkJedi5
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Saw the remnants of this wave in the wild for the first time over the weekend. At a Walgreens of all places. At $14 before tax! Light up Obi-wan (the only one they had) was on my list to use as a head swap, and it's a great sculpt, but I wasn't paying $15 for essentially just a head. Hopefully these will turn up elsewhere soon….

TheDarthVader
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Went on a vacation...after 7, yes, 7 walmarts...I found one amidala, one anakin young pilot, and one darth vader with light up saber. Love em all. I vacationed to arkansas so all they had on the way to northern ar were walmarts. I added them to the only other MH figures I have, light up qui gon and obi wan.