PDA

View Full Version : Preview figures at Wal-Marts only...?

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 09:33 AM
I was just wondering if the preview figures have only been turning up early at the Wal-Marts. If people could post where the preview figures have been found, it would be of great service. I'd kinda like to track their progress and see if there is any pattern as to who's getting them and when they are being put on the shelves.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Several Wal-Marts across the nation HAVE jumped the street date. Jedi Drew, back from a scouting mission, spoke with a young lady at the Strongsville, OH Wal-Mart and she alluded to the fact that they indeed have received their inventory and have been instructed to hold the shipment. The street date she gave Jedi Drew was NOT the 16th, but the 23rd. I am pretty sure that, since the 16th has been thrown about for a month, that she was incorrect. The only thing I can gather from the date of the 23rd, is that this MAY be an update from Hasbro in response to the broken street date. It is possible that Wal-Mart chain has been penalised for breaking the street date and they are now unable to put the items to the shelf until a week after everyone else!

A quick phone call to the North Olmsted Wal-Mart confirmed that they were also instructed to hold the shipments until the 23rd. No reason was given, when I asked, why the street date was moved back a week. I was just told that this was now the date they are allowed to put the items out.

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2002, 01:05 PM
Well if they indeed have been penalized, hopefully this will send a message to TRU, Target, etc.
When a store breaks the street date and gets in trouble, we suffer the consequences, not the average consumer.
Oh well, hopefully TRU and Target will have them.

GeneralKenobi
03-07-2002, 04:10 PM
The lady I spoke too last night showed me that the label on the case says that they should not be put out until week number 9, she then said that Wal-Marts are currently in week number 6 so that backs up what you guys said about the figs coming out the 23rd.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 04:28 PM
and I say again... "POOP!!!"

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys! I picked up the 4 Sneak Preview Episode II figures this morning. There had to be like 8 of each figure! They were $6.44 a piece. Wal-Mart put them out but had not put them into their computer yet.

JetsAndHeels
03-07-2002, 04:49 PM
OK thats it, Im going to WalMart!!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Hi Guys! I picked up the 4 Sneak Preview Episode II figures this morning. There had to be like 8 of each figure! They were $6.44 a piece. Wal-Mart put them out but had not put them into their computer yet.

I found four R3-T7s in the Orem, UT W-M today and ...
<<in best Stormtrooper imitation>> the prices for the preivew figures are not in the main computer. They were going to ask the manager how much they cost, but I didn't want to debate with them for an hour so I asked if i could just pay $6.44 and get a refund if the price went down.

After reading this thread I'm really glad I didn't go to the manager!

Uncle Owen
03-07-2002, 11:02 PM
I also found the Sneak Peek figures today at a Wal-Mart in Missouri. All four were there. It looked like 1 case was put out. :D

Owen Out!!

stevenmh
03-07-2002, 11:17 PM
I found one each of the preview figures in the Lynchburg, VA Wal-Mart today. Also checked Target, TRU, and the Madison Heights Wal-Mart, but they didn't have any.

InsaneJediGirl
03-08-2002, 10:09 AM
I havent checked my Wal-Mart but TRU didnt have them yesterday,but if anyone needs hundreds of JarJars we got 'em.Too bad that the street date has moved back..I dont
see why Hasbro cares so much about letting the cases go on
the pegs early.

sith_killer_99
03-08-2002, 07:45 PM
Well, I have been checking every day now for the last 3-4 days.

Tonight I not only found them, I struck gold...sort of.

I managed to snag 2 of each, or 8 total. I went up to the register and found that the first figure scanned came up with nothing. HOWEVER, the second figure rang up at $6.97!?!?! Yep, $6.97, I told the cashier that they were labeled $6.44 and she had someone go check. They came back and confirmed $6.44!

Then the cashier says that I will get a $3.00 discount for pointing out the mistake. So she rings them up and the total comes to $37.78

I didn't think much of it til I got home. I look at the reciept and it says:

# ITEMS SOLD 6

I checked the bags and I still had all 8 figures (2 of each)

Minus $3.00 for the mistake they made. I ended up paying:

$4.72 PER FIGURE

:D

NesteaFett
03-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Just a thought, but I have called my Wal-Mart and they mentioned the 23rd. However, they knew nothing about the preview figures and were talking about the AOTC toy line in general. She just knew it was the 23rd of some month. I think most of the Wal-Mart employees really don't know what they're talking about. So far the only person I talked to who did was at TRU. He didn't know the exact date only that they were released this month.

buchananRC96
03-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Looks like the Local Walmart in Mansfield NJ had put out 2 casesof the Preview Figures on the pegs. Still haven't found that Teebo wave though