PDA

View Full Version : The 2012 Apocalypse is nigh! ...I just bought "New" Titaniums! :-D

Warstar
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Color me happy! Found all 3 packs at a local Target here in Bozeman, MT! Nabbed all 3!

Unfortunately, I do not have access to my vast collection as it is packed away, so I really cannot compare variations. However, they all seemed to have an overspray- well the AT-TE pack did.

The one I am most excited for to get to open (when I see another 3 packs :p) wil be the Hailfire Droid, as I only saw the original version one once- so I never got one to open...at least as far as I remember. Same with the Trade Fed ship as well I believe, but I am sure we'll see them again :)

YAY!

I hope new ones come out but I won't hold my breath. On the up-side, too, the packaging was done well- it did not feel "cheap" in the slightest, so paying $19.99 per pack for 3 ships each didn't hurt too bad.

It's just good to have them back! :lipsrsealed:

Anyone else find them yet? What do you think?

LTBasker
02-07-2012, 03:12 AM
$19.99? Well, that's far better than the original $29.99! Still not great for pure rereleases, but the line may actually do somewhat well at that price as long as they keep them interesting.

Warstar
02-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Agreed. They can also be bought off Hasbro Toy Shop .com right now, too- all 3 packs were up as of this post (just search Titanium). $19.99 there as well.

I am still hoping for some themed packs (they have Episode 1-3 listed, I am sure we'll get 4-6 as well) that might have a new mold or two.

BUY THEM PEOPLE! Show Hasbro we want them back!

cloneemperor
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
At $19.99 I wouldn't have to think very hard about getting them, $80 total for all of them. Unfortunatly, at the $30 price that Toys-R-Us and Hasbro expects us to pay up here, I doubt I could justify the extra $40. I don't care what Hasbro says, the cost of doing business in Canada does NOT justify an increase of 50% over the US price.

Darth Duranium
02-26-2012, 12:07 PM
At $19.99 I wouldn't have to think very hard about getting them, $80 total for all of them. Unfortunatly, at the $30 price that Toys-R-Us and Hasbro expects us to pay up here, I doubt I could justify the extra $40. I don't care what Hasbro says, the cost of doing business in Canada does NOT justify an increase of 50% over the US price.

I've seen the 3-packs for $24.99 at Ontario TRU stores, but I haven't seen them being sold anywhere else: no Titaniums at WM or Zellers/Target around here, anyway. Some US TRU stores sell them for $29.99, some folks have said... so that's a switch from the usual currency gouging. But I haven't seen them priced at $19.99 here yet.
Personally, I'm passing until we see some "proper" (significantly different) variants or new toolings. Hope that Warstar can keep us in the loop so we don't miss anything.

BTW, I just ordered the new F-Toys Millennium Falcon for $16 inc. shipping from HK. It looks suh-weet! I'll eventually grab the "secret" Stellar Envoy version of it... when the price drops, of course.

EDIT: Rune from the RS forums posted info about a new Titanium tool: the TIE Crawler! Looks like the A from the Hasbro Q&A was incorrect. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Fighter-Pods-Series-I-Set/19529505
Wonder if we'll see dark repaints of the other 2 ships, like the Shadow AT-AT and Shadow Scout Speeder Bike? Sounds quite promising.

mtriv73
02-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Hasbro toy shop has the second wave of titaniums up for sale for $19.99 each.