PDA

View Full Version : NEVER found- Canada

mabudonicus
03-07-2002, 10:47 AM
Okay, what's the one (or at most three) thing(s) that, because of the bad Canadian distribution, you never had a FAIR chance at, but wanted?(sorry about that sentence)
I say Ree Yees- that haunts me to this day- at least I got the old one on a cross border trip to hills in the old days.
I'm curious to see how others among us got burned(oh, and I wanted swimming JarJar,too, but 40$ ?!?!)

billfremore
03-07-2002, 12:04 PM
You know what really gets me?

All of those TARGET exclusive toys that we never get a chance to buy for retail prices.

I saw a couple of those Y-wings they put out a couple of years ago at the Silver Snail here in Ottawa...

check this:

$129.99 apiece!?!

You gotta be kidding me!

Darkross
03-07-2002, 12:05 PM
These are the top 3 things on my list:

1. Luke Skywalker with Desert Skiff (Stupid Target Exclusive!)
2. FX-7 & Teebo Waves
3. Tie-Bombers, Snowpeeders, B-Wing (Stupid Target Exclusive)

Can anyone tell how much I JUST LOVE exclusives! As far as the FX-7 and Teebo Waves, I had to pay $11.00 a figure canadian when I bought FX-7 and 3 Imperial Officers + gas when I went across the border to buy these guys this past December. Who knows if I'll have any luck finding any R4M9's. I would like to get two of them for my dioramas...maybe more if I find two or more for a decent price.

Darkross
03-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
You know what really gets me?

All of those TARGET exclusive toys that we never get a chance to buy for retail prices.

I saw a couple of those Y-wings they put out a couple of years ago at the Silver Snail here in Ottawa...

check this:

$129.99 apiece!?!

You gotta be kidding me!

Well I think I got you beat...the Luke Skywalker with Skiff sold originally for $20.00 US...and I saw one at a specialty store in Montreal for $169.00 Canadian, not to mention Jedi Final Duel Cinema scene which was $15.00 Canadian...now going for $129.00 Canadian. I think I'll be buying both of these online thank you very much!

fourtwo
03-07-2002, 01:49 PM
1) the new wave
2) all the exclusives we don't get a shot at except the luke with speeder bike cause i got one for free =)
3)anytihng i don't have but can't find =P

Bosskman
03-07-2002, 02:34 PM
The TIE Bomber and the Snowspeeder are Walmart exclusivezs but guess what? CANADIAN WALMARTS AREN"T GETTING THEM!!!
This stupid country! Oh yeah, and guess who's not gonna be able to see the new AOTC Trailer on Sunday night? That's right, CANADA. Good ol' Global TV has done it again, not only do they provide us with top notch Canadian content programs, they're not going to expose us to such mind-warping pieces of filmography like they new trailer. I'd much rather watch the Heritage clips about Agnes McFail, Canada's first woman MP anyways, how bout you?

Darkross
03-07-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
The TIE Bomber and the Snowspeeder are Walmart exclusivezs but guess what? CANADIAN WALMARTS AREN"T GETTING THEM!!!
This stupid country! Oh yeah, and guess who's not gonna be able to see the new AOTC Trailer on Sunday night? That's right, CANADA. Good ol' Global TV has done it again, not only do they provide us with top notch Canadian content programs, they're not going to expose us to such mind-warping pieces of filmography like they new trailer. I'd much rather watch the Heritage clips about Agnes McFail, Canada's first woman MP anyways, how bout you?

Well I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I plan on watching it on FOX. I only hope that like Bosskman has said that Global doesn't pre-empt the trailer viewing on FOX.

Amanamike
03-07-2002, 03:53 PM
Things that I felt Ive been screwed out of getting becuase Im a Canadian??? Hmm where do I start

All Target exclusives(when are we getting targets)
Ree Yees and Death Star trooper
Teebo Wave
Admirla Motti wave
too many thats all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!
Come on hasbro get with it.

fourtwo
03-07-2002, 04:08 PM
i hope one day. when i get my tax return i'm going to bellis fair and hopefully getting me an at st set and the newer waves if i'm lucky

billfremore
03-07-2002, 08:11 PM

Noooooo!!!!! :eek:

You gotta be kidding me!?! :mad:
Great, we're getting screwed again! :frus:

I can see it now:

[B]Lucasfilm Ltd announced today that the new upcoming Star Wars movie, Attack of the Clones, will not be shown in Canada. When asked why this move was happening, an official from Lucasfilm stated "Screw Canada! Thier hockey team shouldn't have won!!"
In a related story all Canadian-bound Star Wars related products will from now on be diverted to Somalia to be used as landfill.
"No damn Canadian will be able to get his dirty paws on any R4M9's as long as I'm alive!" stated an official from Hasbro.[B/]

Don't laugh, it's starting to feel that way. :frus: :eek:

Bosskman
03-08-2002, 07:34 AM
It says over at Rebelscum that we're not getting the preview figures either. TFN has reported, however, that while we won't be able to see the trailer between Malcolm and the X-Files, that local FOX news shows will be permitted to show the trailer on their late news on march 10. Hopefully good ol' FOX Rochester will be airing the trailer then too cause I know us NBers get that show.

mabudonicus
03-08-2002, 09:00 AM
But I think we get pretty much "straight" FOX here through cogeco. If we don't, there's still the option of using an old fashioned antenna, as fox Buffalo is right here......
If none us see it, by the Gods, they (and I don't know who THEY are yet.....) will Taste our Steel, I swear!!!
Stay in formation, brothers (and sisters, just in case), make sure to post any sightings (other than the ones showing the landfill in somalia) of AOTC stuff here, and we'll get through this.
Hey I just thought- let's make our own "Heritage" clip about Canadian SW collectors!! There could be a scene of a guy opening crates of figs, to find them packed tight with 21b s.............. Crusty old guy #1- This is the worst assortment I've ever laid eyes on!!!
Crustty old guy #2- Aye, these aren't even variants, er NUTHIN. They can't expect us to take much more o' this!!!
(suddenly the thunder of hoofs, a breathless Mountie rides up to the wharf)
Mountie- Bad news from upper Canada, men. The Gov't says there'll be no more shipments until next september!!
Someone else can write the voiceover. It would at least be funny to see THAT where we were expecting the trailer.
Woooooooooooooooooo!!!! It's my birthday!!! I'm 29!!!

billfremore
03-08-2002, 09:10 AM
So now we're not getting the preview figures either? :frus:

That's it!

I've had it!

Now I'm going to get really, really violent:mad:

I'm going to do the unspeakable:eek:

I'm going to...

Write an e-mail to hasbro and complain.

(that'll show them):D

billfremore
03-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Ok I'm calm now. :)
Apparently I ranted and raved a little early.

I should have looked at what was said on Rebelscum.com first.
Here is what they said:

We received a scan that appears to be evidence that Toys “R” Us Canada has the figures on the shelf and have them priced at $11.99CND. The official word from TRU Canada however is that they haven’t even received the preview figures and to the best of their knowledge they will not be receiving any new figure stock until the actual blue carded AOTC figures.

TRU Canada has admitted that the figures are in their computer as ‘AC - Collection’ but would not confirm the price. According to their computer inventory there are none in Canada period and therefore couldn’t be sold. More interesting is their assurance that they will not have anything new until the actual AOTC release on May 16th, leaving us to assume that there will be no preview figures released here.

No matter, this scan seems to be a huge contradiction to TRU’s official word. The fact that the toy description on the receipt is accurate and the price point is plausible it would definitely be a good idea to check out your local Toys “R” Us.

This report came from Windsor Ontario, and as traditional with TRU Canada, shipments start out East and work their way West.

So it would seem that TRU may not be getting them.
But that leaves a lot of other places that will.
Wally-mart perhaps.

Darkross
03-08-2002, 11:06 AM
It says over at Rebelscum that we're not getting the preview figures either. TFN has reported, however, that while we won't be able to see the trailer between Malcolm and the X-Files, that local FOX news shows will be permitted to show the trailer on their late news on march 10. Hopefully good ol' FOX Rochester will be airing the trailer then too cause I know us NBers get that show.

Well I'm not worried about missing the trailer, since I get FOX Rochester like Bosskman, but not only that, I believe from what I read on the official SW site, that the trailer will be posted on their site for download on the 10th anyway. Now this is my interpretation of their press release "The Homing Beacon" this morning. Now even if it isn't posted until the 15th and we don't get to see it here in Canada...we will live. I waited 3 extra days to see the last teaser...so I'm not worried about missing it. I know that Anger, Fear, Agression are what's natural to us Canadian Collectors...but we must reserve ourselves, saving our energy for when we will all finally see Episode II in theaters and have it completely blow us away. Anyone remember the first time you saw ESB? I do!

billfremore
03-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Thank you for being the voice of reason Darkross.
I get a little fanatical to the point of obsessed sometimes.

I can wait for the trailer...but not for long:D

haggis
03-08-2002, 10:40 PM
Preview figures have also been found at TRU in Mississauga. Unfortunately, not by me. Patience...

Calbretto
03-11-2002, 02:59 AM
I found them in downtown Toronto at TRU. I have no proof, but I was close to buying a Jango Fett until I saw the price tag and decided I'd rather get a movie Spider-Man for the same price.
They had just been put on the shelves when I got there, the boxes were still out even. That's actually how I found my Spidey, going through the boxes of Spider-Man figures.
The R2 unit dealie looked cool. I didn't really check out the other two.

haggis
03-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Downloaded the trailer from the official site and I must say, it looks awesome. Unfortunately, my sound card is pooched so I had to read lips and hum my own soundtrack music.

Check it out at:
http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/

greedo
03-12-2002, 08:56 AM
The great Global channel didn't show the trailer, we should complain. I stayed tuned to Fox and during the 10 o'clock news they showed the trailer again for those who might have missed it.

I taped it and watched it a couple of times. I'm not sure how to feel about it? It looks to me like they did it again, put too much in one shot...there is too much going on at one time. Less is more. JMHO.

I understand the TRU's are getting the sneak peak figs? According to reports on some other web sites and a couple of members on this forum mentioning that they found them.. I hope this is true.

The web site of StarWars.com had the trailer on Monday, but couldn't access it, I could this morning.

billfremore
03-12-2002, 10:23 AM
I never expected Global to show the trailer, I'm just thankful that they decided not to switch the feed on my local Fox station to the Canadian one as they normally do.

So kudos to Global for allowing us to see the "evil" Amarican commericals...

Darkross
03-12-2002, 10:54 AM
I never expected Global to show the trailer, I'm just thankful that they decided not to switch the feed on my local Fox station to the Canadian one as they normally do.

So kudos to Global for allowing us to see the "evil" Amarican commericals...

Yes...YES! I saw the trailer on FOX. I love that station! Anyway, like Greedo...I didn't know what to think of the trailer the first time I saw it. I watched it three times and thought....well it's OK I guess. Now when I saw TPM trailer the first time...I thought...MAN I can't wait to see that movie!

I watched the AOTC trailer three times again last night and saw a few things I missed the first time around. Anakin using two lightsabers (GREEN and BLUE) to fight someone...D'ooku maybe? Anyway, I love the shot with all of the clone troopers and the Star Destroyer (Type Ships) launching. This will be a great movie...if I can get past Yoda's stupid dialogue! "BEGUN... THIS CLONE WAR HAS!" What a stupid thing to say!

mabudonicus
03-12-2002, 11:19 AM
In these parts, they switched feeds three times in the break, so on Global, the first 7-10 and final 10 or so seconds were cut off, then we got seinfeld and ELraymond where there shoulda been news!! What a mess!! I really like the trailer- Greedo, don't forget that some of that stuff in the trailer that looked confused was probably cut that way cause it wasn't nearly finished when the trailer was made(I hope.....). The coolest thing about watching it was what DIDN't get shown, in some ways..... There's bits that we've only heard snips of audio from, and if You've seen as many spoilers as I have..... Wooooooooooooooo!!!!!
It sure does look EXCITING, at least, eh?(Can Con)
BTW- this IS pertinent to this thread, in that we ALMOST didn't get it. WHEW!!

billfremore
03-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Before and during the trailer on Sunday, I was feeling so anxious.

Anxious because of what I saw and anxious because I was afraid the feed would switch over at any second.

Not that I'm obsessed with Star Wars, no, not me, not at all.:D

greedo
03-12-2002, 02:49 PM
I really don't like the fact that the new Star Wars (which are before ANH) are far technically advanced than the other three. Yoda floating in a bucket? R2 flying? come on, R2 had boosters before but not now, more robots then, now men (stormtroopers?).

I hope this gets explained in the movie..

I know it is a movie but it makes it look like man-kind doesn't evolve in time but regresses..

They seem to want to go for big shots full of characters, too many characters, too much digital computer effects. I liked it when there was less to concentrate on and more main character story..

JMHO

Darkross
03-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by greedo
I really don't like the fact that the new Star Wars (which are before ANH) are far technically advanced than the other three. Yoda floating in a bucket? R2 flying? come on, R2 had boosters before but not now, more robots then, now men (stormtroopers?).

I know what you mean...ever since TPM came out...I've felt that the prequels had a different flavor of Star Wars then I was used to or liked. The only thing that seems to allow me to accept the prequels as part of the Star Wars saga is the lightsaber duels. I went to see Episode I to see Lightsabers! And I must say the GL did not disappoint me there! The same holds true about AOTC...the scene where Anakin grabs two lightsabers and starts hacking away at the Sith warrior! COOL!

As far as the big battles are concerned...too much to concentrate on...and you end up missing some really cool shots...where Jedi are deflecting laser bolts. I wanna see some really cool stuff, but too much of it and it becomes "eye candy" and you get lost in the action, instead of following the story.

And in TPM...a 9 year old accidently blows up the mothership...COME ON! At least Luke had to try to blow up the Death Star...using the FORCE mind you. Did Anakin? No! The more I watch TPM, the more I feel that there is no way that the 9 year old we saw portray Anakin in TPM could have ever become Darth Vader whom we all love!

Let's not forget about the stupid dialogue...

Bravo Leader :"Fighters straight ahead!"
Pilot 1:"Roger bravo leader!"
Pilot 2:"Roger bravo leader!"

Say something cool like:
Lando: "Fighters coming in!"
Arvel: "There's too many of them!"

I dunno, makes me wonder what age level that the script is written for...grade 1 maybe?

mabudonicus
03-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Yeah, damn!! Must be a Canadian thing, this TPM wariness, and EU = PU sentiment I'm seeing in most Canadian users here. It's good to know that fellow countrymen feel similarly. I have to agree, the dialogue in TPM was SOOO bad. "this is podracing" my butt!! The cult of Aurra Sing?!?! I will never get over the inference that somehow that melon headed kid becomes Darth freakin Vader!! And Qui Gon, MAN!! Keanu woulda brought more spark to that role!! Just wanted to agree with you, Darkross. The light saber battles were good, the accidental triumph of Jake Freakin LLoyd STILL makes it hard to sleep sometimes- I mean, I can't even watch the film anymore, and it's a STAR WARS FILM!!! That shouldn't even make SENSE, let alone be possible!!!

Bosskman
03-13-2002, 01:40 PM
Overall, TPM was alright and I think once the next two films are completed it will not seem as bad as it does now. A lot of things which I didn't really like at first have grown on me, especially the Battle Droids, Droidekas, Amidala's outfits, Mos Espa, Watto and the Trade Federation ships. Even the Naboo starfighter (which I hated when I first saw it) seems cool and part of SW now. Coruscant was AWESOME, but only a glimpse of what we'll see in AOTC, and Naboo was pretty good too. Now for the bad, and there's a lot:

Jar Jar Binks: pretty self explanatory, why beat a dead horse?

aurra sing: read my signature for this one. I hate her.

Qui Gon: There's something about Qui-Gon I hate but I can't really put my finger on exactly what it is, also, he should have been downplayed more in favor of Obi Wan.

Obi Wan's lack of screen time: Obi was cool in the movie but hardly in it at all.

Yoda: Yoda looked scary in this movie. Next to nothing like ESB. The AOTC version of him is a VAST improvement IMO.

Gungans: They would have been cool if not for Jar Jar and their voices.

The Pod Race: Some of it looked kinda cartoony. Tatooine in TPM had way too much bright colors about it, not like in the OT where it was dull and worn looking. Jabba was cool though.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of now.

greedo
03-13-2002, 02:04 PM
I find that ILM is trying to hard to put as much in one shot as possible. Like they are trying to prove something, and they brag about how many special effect shots were used in comparison to Titanc, TPM, Matrix, etc. How come Lord of the Rings wasn't over done? I found the movie slow and long, but the visuals were amazing and kept more realistic. JMHO

Oh well, we will probably find the AOTC cool once we see it. I find the more I watch TPM the more I enjoy it. It does follow the premis of the trilogy as far as outline goes, just too darn busy.

I personally like the stop-and-go film process better than the computer. I had more appreciation for it, people were doing the work not a chip....before anyone says anything, I know people do the programming and the work on the compter but you know what I mean....I hope.

Oh well, I still didn't like the R2 with boosters flying across the screen in the trailer...it looks like now that they can make things fly and look real everything is flying, R2, Yoda, Anikan, why wasn't the force so strong in the other movies.

billfremore
03-13-2002, 05:51 PM
I'm hearing people saying how they think the battle scenes are too busy to follow.

Perhaps what GL was trying to get across that this is a huge war going on and by showing so much at once he's trying to covey the feeling that this is larger than anyone can comprehend.

Didn't anybody get that same feeling about Jedi when Lando said "Here they come" and the screen was flooded with TIEs?
I still find it a little overwhelming almost 20 years later.

I'm sure if the technology existed back when this all started GL would have done the same thing to those movies, IMHO.

Darkross
03-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Didn't anybody get that same feeling about Jedi when Lando said "Here they come" and the screen was flooded with TIEs?
I still find it a little overwhelming almost 20 years later.

I'm sure if the technology existed back when this all started GL would have done the same thing to those movies, IMHO.

No I didn't think so...and I still don't. That scene with all of the Tie Fighters is one of my favorites. When you consider that there were 30 or more Star Destroyers in the battle, and each one can carry hundreds of ties, not to mention the Death Star, I think that there being so many of them, made the movie more realistic. What has bugged me about the film and still does are the inconsistencies in the movie.

1. Scene with Luke on speederbike and he and the bikerscout are banging into each other... the camera swithes to a front view and if you look closely, you will notice that Luke has his black glove on his left hand...instead of his right. There are several shots in this sequence that reveal this.

2. When the Deathstar destroys two of the Mon Calamarian cruisers...and yet Home 1 is still there...but wasn't there only two of these large cruisers when the ships all went to Hyperspace near Sullust? The only explanation I can figure for this is that a couple other Calamarian Cruisers joined the fleet later on in the battle. Who know??

3. Luke confessing to Leia that he senses Vader on the Endor Moon..."He's here...now on this moon!" When in fact it's not until the next scene that Vader actually lands on the landing pad.

Anyway...ROTJ is still one of my favorite films...still surpasses TPM by parsecs!

Amanamike
03-14-2002, 11:02 AM
WOW I never noticed the glove thing!! I guess you watch alot more closely than I do. The Endor moon thing with Luke telling Leia about vader, I think even though it seems like he comes after, its like alot of movies, its actually happening around the same time just they cant show both at the same time. Example Luke and Leia are on one part of Endor and Vader has landed about 20 miles away. Cant show both at once so they just sequence it. I guess they shoulda done it the other way around. Oh well no big deal. I didnt like the fact at the end with all the ties either. There shoulda been thousands of them.

Darkross
03-14-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
The Endor moon thing with Luke telling Leia about vader, I think even though it seems like he comes after, its like alot of movies, its actually happening around the same time just they cant show both at the same time. Example Luke and Leia are on one part of Endor and Vader has landed about 20 miles away. Cant show both at once so they just sequence it.

Well...I know that they have to sequence it...but to me it seemed a little out of sequence, since when Vader landed, the AT-AT was docking and Luke was already in custody. Anyway, another thing that still bugs me is that they cut out the desert storm scene...after the Sarlaac pit, when the entire crew make their way back to the Falcon and Luke's X-wing on Tatooine. It would have been nice to see it. Hopefully they will include it in with the future DVD release...with the option to watch the full movie with deleted scenes!

billfremore
03-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Darkross

No I didn't think so...and I still don't. That scene with all of the Tie Fighters is one of my favorites. When you consider that there were 30 or more Star Destroyers in the battle, and each one can carry hundreds of ties, not to mention the Death Star, I think that there being so many of them, made the movie more realistic.

Fair enough.
So do you think AOTC looks not so realistic then?

Darkross
03-15-2002, 06:45 AM

Fair enough.
So do you think AOTC looks not so realistic then?

With land battles it's always easier to say that it's overwhelming, since there is a single point of reference in which everything is taking place...(the ground)...so when you see so many things on the ground all fighting, it is harder to follow...not necessarily more or less realistic. I think that there being so many troops / droids...etc... is realistic, but it is much harder to follow than a space battle...i.e. ROTJ space battle which was awesome! Just wish that there was alot more screen time for space battles.

billfremore
03-15-2002, 07:19 AM
We seem to be getting off of the original subject soooo....

Does anybody think we'll see the Eeth Koth/FX-7/Teebo waves in retail stores up here?

mabudonicus
03-15-2002, 07:57 AM
I highly doubt it. Around here, anyway, they're still restocking shelves with Aurra and Ellors. The next unopened cartons are either more of the same or AOTC stuff, almost guaranteed no paploo or Fx7 or boshek(again, from what I've seen here). It would be a good idea to start looking for that stuff now, Bill, since you can still expect an alright price at specialty shops on that stuff right now. I've got a bad feeling that we got cut off of the shipping, since we've had the eeth wave here (specialty only) for like 2-4 months, and that's a long time to keep shipping the same wave. If you want em, you should probably get them on sight, or you're gonna end up missing out. Remember that we get screwed on the last few waves of EVERYTHING, and plan accordingly. Good luck and happy hunting!!Wooooooo!!!!

greedo
03-15-2002, 08:37 AM
From what I understand, and seems obviouse by the pegs in Wal-mart and TRU, the FX-7 wave and Teebo wave were cancelled for the Trilogo cards. This affects Canada and Mexico, basically any other country outside the US.

I'm very surprised the Sneak Peak figs are here at all. You never know, Hasbro may throw in a couple of the above mentioned figs in the assortment?????? I doubt it but can hope.

billfremore
03-15-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm headed down to Florida in April. Perhaps I'll have some luck finding stuff whilst I'm there.

I just hope I have enough room to bring everything back :)

Darkross
03-15-2002, 02:56 PM
We seem to be getting off of the original subject soooo....

Does anybody think we'll see the Eeth Koth/FX-7/Teebo waves in retail stores up here?

Definitely not. I've been told that Hasbro Canada will not be releasing any of the last two POTJ waves here in Canada. A shame too, since it would have been really nice to find tons of Imperial Officers at Wal-Mart and in Canadian dollars. Knowing this...I bought 3 Imperial Officers and 1 FX-7 over in the US back in December when I stumbled across them. One of my favorite finds over the past year...that's for sure!

IcebergSlim
03-15-2002, 03:19 PM

Definitely not. I've been told that Hasbro Canada will not be releasing any of the last two POTJ waves here in Canada. A shame too, since it would have been really nice to find tons of Imperial Officers at Wal-Mart and in Canadian dollars. Knowing this...I bought 3 Imperial Officers and 1 FX-7 over in the US back in December when I stumbled across them. One of my favorite finds over the past year...that's for sure!

That can't be true because I have some Wave 15 figures....(the FX-7 Wave)

Darkross
03-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim

HELLO! Where did you find them? What retail store, and in which part of the country? How much were they? Did you buy them at a specialty store, or at Wal-Mart, TRU, Zellers...where? There's nothing here in New Brunswick...that's for sure!

haggis
03-16-2002, 12:25 AM
If you really have these figures on Canadian cards you've got yourself a real find. I had to buy mine at a specialty toy store on US cards.

fourtwo
03-16-2002, 12:37 AM
i need to find a store that sells em, regardless of card. luke and 2-1b are lonley.

IcebergSlim
03-16-2002, 09:45 AM

HELLO! Where did you find them? What retail store, and in which part of the country? How much were they? Did you buy them at a specialty store, or at Wal-Mart, TRU, Zellers...where? There's nothing here in New Brunswick...that's for sure!

I got them from a toy store in Lime Ridge Mall in Hamilton, ON. They were $11.99 I think, but I can't really remember. I only bought Snaggletooth and Queen Decoy because that's all they had left.

fourtwo
03-16-2002, 01:49 PM
loving that snaggletooth or what?
its a great fig in my opinion

billfremore
03-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Since it's obvious we'll never see mass release of any of the last three POTJ waves I pose this question to those of you that have bought them elsewhere...

Where should I buy them from?

(Someplace with decent prices would be preferred) :D

Amanamike
03-17-2002, 12:38 AM
YESTERTOYS!!!!! I buy alot through those guys. Great prices and fast shipping even to the farthest west coast where I am. They are usually about 7US a fig so that translates into about 11 cad. Then you add shipping, if its on maybe 5 figures itll be about 4 bucks. They make sure that the shippin glabel says worth under 20 dollars so you dont get screwed on duty. they are really good that way.

Darkross
03-18-2002, 06:14 AM

I got them from a toy store in Lime Ridge Mall in Hamilton, ON. They were $11.99 I think, but I can't really remember. I only bought Snaggletooth and Queen Decoy because that's all they had left.

So is the toy store a specialty store...i.e. Star Wars, etc...?

Darkross
03-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Here's something that I haven't found in Canada is the sneak preview figures. I was over to Maine this past weekend and Wal-Mart had a ton of Sneak Preview figures...Jango, Zam, Clone Trooper and R3-T7. I only bought two R3-T7's since I have no interest in any of the others right now. They were all selling for $6.44 US. Just thought I'd share the news. If anyone lives close to the US border, check out Wal-Mart.

greedo
03-18-2002, 08:47 AM
They make sure that the shippin glabel says worth under 20 dollars so you dont get screwed on duty. they are really good that way.

First off, there is no duty on toys.... the 20 bucks that Yestertoys puts on the label will lower the tax you have to pay. Bringing toys into Canada, you only pay the taxes not Duty. According to Canada Customs, and the boarder crossing, plus I've never paid duty on any toys purchased in the U.S.

Beware: If customs feel that this dollar amount on the box is fraudulant they can keep the toys. If they open the box and see the actual invoice for the real amount, and the label says 20 bucks, they can confiscate the toys. It all depends on who is working that day and the mood they are in.

Just so you know.

greedo
03-18-2002, 08:51 AM

They are American cards. Hasbro Canada didn't release tri-logo cards with wave 15 or 16, or the last two Delux figs. in Canada.

What you have is imported figures from the U.S.

Unless Hasbro Canada made a few hundred than stopped.

IcebergSlim
03-18-2002, 12:54 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of "Specialty Store". The store is strictly toys...action figures, Barbie, Lego, etc. I just figured that they ordered their stuff from Hasbro Canada like TRU and Wal-Mart.

haggis
03-18-2002, 02:47 PM
Let's not forget the $5 that Canada Post charges for all the time and effort they put into handling our little toy packages!

greedo
03-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by haggis
Let's not forget the $5 that Canada Post charges for all the time and effort they put into handling our little toy packages!

No kidding, what a joke. I have been lucky once and a while and got away without paying it. It seems some days I pay it other I don't.

They should pay us the 5 for using the post office, and taking a risk of them loosing our parcels. It should be our stress pay from the Post office. Never knowing if you will receive your package or not.....

Amanamike
03-18-2002, 09:44 PM
I have made 14 orders through Yestertoys and never paid the extra anything. Just the price plus shipping to canada.

greedo
03-19-2002, 08:37 AM
I have made 14 orders through Yestertoys and never paid the extra anything. Just the price plus shipping to canada.

You have never had to pay any money at the post office when you pick up your parcel? Usually when you pick up the parcel you pay 5 or 10 bucks which is tax and post handling fee.

If you haven't yet your lucky. I have had some shippments where I pay, and others I don't, a couple of times I didn't pay a thing either.

Yestertoys seems to be the on-line store of choice. I've ordered at least 25 figs from him. Or I've used Toyzz.com.

Amanamike
03-19-2002, 10:26 AM
No I havent ever paid anything extra at the post office because it always gets delivered to my door. And i still dont pay extra there either. I have had to do that a few times when i bought on ebay and the person put value on pa kage above 20 dollars but you dont under 20 dollars

billfremore
03-19-2002, 11:45 AM
Gotta agree with Amanamike here.

I've ordered plenty of stuff from the U.S. and I've never and to pay anything.

The stuff usually gets delivered right to my door too.

IcebergSlim
03-19-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm going to have to start ordering from Yestertoys from now on...

fourtwo
03-19-2002, 02:24 PM
i wish our money wasn't so worthless compared to the american dollar

:(

greedo
03-19-2002, 03:39 PM
My stuff comes to my door too, I'm just not home to receive it. It seems to vary on my orders. Last order I had, the customs openned it and saw the actual amount on the invoice and I had to pay the tax on it. Other times they leave the package at the door and I don't pay anything. I don't care for that, anyone could take the parcel, I'd rather pay 5 bucks.

I agree, our dollar should be better. I actually thought that with the Sept. 11th incident that our dollar would get better, but it go worse. It truely was a world felt impact.

billfremore
03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
I think if our dollar was a little stronger we'd see a lot more people buying stuff from all of the toy guys advertised above.

I know I would.

Croaker
04-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey there.
Somebody mentioned a few pages back the exclusive speederbike with luke.
I take it that you were talking about the 12" one, because I got the 4" one at retail in Canada.

What I missed the most is Vader rem/helmet and Ree Yees. I don't have either.
Also the recent waves.
I'm living in Liverpool these days and I stop into the local comic shop and see the new SW stuff.
They've had everything there - but figs at 9.99 - POUNDS - that's like $25 Can.
I've said I'll wait until I get home.
I'm home for easter at the moment and can't find anything!
No Preview figs, nothing. I can't find anything that I didn't already but in September before I left.
I admit that I don't have car and can't search wide and far but still...
I hope that we get everything promised on the 23rd. But then again I'll be back in England and unable to buy anything.

billfremore
04-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Hey Croaker, don't worry about not having Darth with Removable Helmet, I never saw it anywhere, ever. I had to buy mine on e-bay which came to $38 Canadian after shipping and exchange rate.

It just shows you can get the figures you want, you just have to be willing to pay for it and pay for it dealry in some instances.

mabudonicus
04-02-2002, 11:35 AM
I bought 4 of them vaders, all for like 8.99 CDN, IN TOWN here!!
I just felt like proclaiming this, as what billfremore just posted made me realize that I've had it pretty good after all, despite St catharines sucking in almost every other aspect. Wooooooooo!!!

billfremore
04-15-2002, 11:22 AM
Well my trip to Orlando, FLA yielded me a few figures...

Found me an FX-7, Queens Decoy and both Deluxe Slave Leia and Amanaman.

It was unbelievable though, they have the same pegwarmers down there that we do here.

Even the gift shop at the Star Tours ride in Disney MGM had a wall full of Ketwols and Bespin Guards.

I guess things are tough all over...:)

Darkross
04-15-2002, 11:24 AM
Hey Croaker, don't worry about not having Darth with Removable Helmet, I never saw it anywhere, ever. I had to buy mine on e-bay which came to $38 Canadian after shipping and exchange rate.

It just shows you can get the figures you want, you just have to be willing to pay for it and pay for it dealry in some instances.

I bought two DV with removable helmet for $20.00 CAN from Brianstoys.com. Nice figure!

billfremore
04-15-2002, 01:43 PM

I bought two DV with removable helmet for $20.00 CAN from Brianstoys.com. Nice figure!

Now they tell me! :frus: :)

MadMitch
05-10-2002, 08:27 PM
I'd like to see the Target/Walmart/TRU exclusives that appear in the US work their way North. I've been fairly lucky in that I've found some of them on ebay (TIE Interceptor), been able to buy a couple in the US (B-Wing, AT-ST) but it would be nice to walk into the local TRU or Walmart and pick up the TIE Bomber, Snowspeeder, Y-Wing without having to deal with inflated shipping charges, foolish Canada Post handling charges, and suffer the pain of a devalued Canadian dollar that makes everything down there cost that much more.

Actually, my girlfriend bought the B-Wing for me on a trip she made to Michigan, she's a sweetheart!!

Mit_Othy
05-11-2002, 02:57 PM
The question of exclusive figures coming to Canada was brought up at Cellebration II this year and the Hasbro guys said that it was up to each store, and that if there was enough support or demand it 'might' go through.

Hey maybe if we ask (or even demand) that our stores carry exclusive figures, it might just happen... maybe

fourtwo
05-11-2002, 03:06 PM
so thats the only reason i'm not getting some of the later waves?
cause the stores just aren't bringing them in? i'm gonna snap on my TRU guy next time i see him
:)
j/k

mabudonicus
05-11-2002, 08:43 PM
Yessss.... we SHOULD DO SOMETHING...... but WHAT....Perhaps we could get a special "Canadian" forum, other than "just found",
put up here. With AOTC so close, bandwidth is probably a major issue, but imho it would help if there was a "Canada" section other than just found to help draw folks from other countries into our spot, so to speak. We would probably all benefit from making such connections, so it probably wouldn't hurt to maybe split our little piece of the SW pie into two, eh?
If it's possible, even just a clarification sharper than "just found- Canada", how's bout it? C'mon, our situation is bad enough.......
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

fourtwo
05-11-2002, 11:07 PM
snowtroopers.ca is good for the canadian collector. i dunno if i'll get in trouble for posting about them but they're really good guys over there.

jjreason
05-12-2002, 12:02 AM
I have a friend in the states that I met via a deal on ebay. He hooks me up with everything, exclusives, a Jorge Sacul, you name it, all at his cost. There are many good Americans out there - despite what Molson's ads would have you believe. They understand our plight. My suggestion is to just flat out email someone that has something you want, and strike up a conversation. I know other guys that have done this and benefitted greatly, now I do it pretty often. I have another guy in Atlanta who just made a special trip to WalMart to get me a speeder and TIE Bomber. Why? Because he posted on a site that he had found them, and I asked him to. Pretty cool.

fourtwo
05-12-2002, 12:24 AM
yeah i get pm's quite often in response to me saying i'd like something. there are some good guys out there down to help the cause.

i have someone who sent me 12inch luke with speeder bke for nothing at all on my end :)

ChronicJedi
05-12-2002, 03:49 AM
Yeah, but I've inquired about figures to certain individuals in the US and have them be more than willing to send me a figure at cost, but with $10+ shipping!!?

I've received 4+ figures at a time from PAF in Florida for less than $5 shipping.

Aside from that though it looks like we might have a better chance of finding figures up here this time around, what with the reports of the next wave of Saga figures being found in various parts of the country.

I'm hoping to minimize my online and specialty shop purchases this time around.

fourtwo
05-12-2002, 02:31 PM
the shipping is what kills ya on figs from the states

jjreason
05-13-2002, 12:41 AM
To help me on shipping, my contact will hold figures for me until it's worth my while to ship. I collect loose stuff which helps - he opens down there, and sends em up on ziplock bags sometimes 20 to a box. Last box I got 2 cinema scenes, 11 basic figures and 2 deluxe figures shipped for (gasp) 11 dollars US. Worth it to me. Im happy knowing the figures are looked after, and I scratch them from my list before they even get mailed. The biggest thing needed in collecting this stuff is patience. Only people who have none get burned paying way to much (like mr. 235 dollars for Count Dooku last month on epay!!). Good luck guys, I hope this movie lives up to the hype. On the pg with spoilers one of the mods said he didn't know what was better epII or Empire! Im pretty excited!

Amanamike
05-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Thats a great idea jjreason!! Ship opened!!!!! I wish I thoughta that. I love opened stuff and that would definitely cut down on the shipping price. Do any of you guys get burned by duty and that stupid 5 dollar fee???

ChronicJedi
05-14-2002, 08:02 AM
The only time I do pay is when the post office won't let me take my stuff home until I do. If I get a notice in the mail, in the garbage it goes. Often though I just get them to mark the package with an obscenely low value and a gift. PAF is a great site for this, plus they don't pack invoices with their stuff so NO DUTY!!

BizRodian
05-28-2002, 04:27 AM
I always get burned on that duty. It depends on where you live. I live in a small town, so they check almost every package and I get totally burned. Maybe one out of ten packages don't get checked. Once I had one opened, they decided the value was more. I bought a second hand CD Rom off Ebay for a dollar, Canada Customs decided it was worth more... so they charged me the five dollars for looking fee, and then said it was worth twenty dollars. Ummm.. no, I paid 1 dollar, it's worth 1 dollar. They also held it back for a few weeks to see if it was hate propoganda.

I never got the Removable Helmet Vader/Ree Yees up here... Only saw the Leia All New Likeness/Blast Sheild Luke wave once, only saw the Prune Face/Bespin 3p0 line onece any of TPM toys past Rune and Nute... saw the Jawa/Gonk wave once... and only a few POTJ toys.. Bespin Guards and Ketwols all over pretty much... not much else...

It makes me mad. My main love is vehicles, and unless I want to spend 50 dollars american plus shipping, I just can't get the classic trilogy ones that have come out over the past three years I want a B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Bomber, Tie Intercepter, Skiff... ect... but I only ever see them for sale aorund 50 bucks... I can't pay that since all I'm going to do is open them.

I pretty much have given up on collecting everything. I only buy a few things now... but there are still plenty of wants I can never have.

Darkross
05-28-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by BizRodian
I always get burned on that duty. It depends on where you live. I live in a small town, so they check almost every package and I get totally burned. Maybe one out of ten packages don't get checked. Once I had one opened, they decided the value was more. I bought a second hand CD Rom off Ebay for a dollar, Canada Customs decided it was worth more... so they charged me the five dollars for looking fee, and then said it was worth twenty dollars. Ummm.. no, I paid 1 dollar, it's worth 1 dollar. They also held it back for a few weeks to see if it was hate propoganda.

I never got the Removable Helmet Vader/Ree Yees up here... Only saw the Leia All New Likeness/Blast Sheild Luke wave once, only saw the Prune Face/Bespin 3p0 line onece any of TPM toys past Rune and Nute... saw the Jawa/Gonk wave once... and only a few POTJ toys.. Bespin Guards and Ketwols all over pretty much... not much else...

It makes me mad. My main love is vehicles, and unless I want to spend 50 dollars american plus shipping, I just can't get the classic trilogy ones that have come out over the past three years I want a B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Bomber, Tie Intercepter, Skiff... ect... but I only ever see them for sale aorund 50 bucks... I can't pay that since all I'm going to do is open them.

I pretty much have given up on collecting everything. I only buy a few things now... but there are still plenty of wants I can never have.

I know what you mean. I tried to buy the B-Wing off of Target.COM, and they said it was being shipped...but when I inquired about the status of my order a couple of weeks later, they said that it had been cancelled because they don't ship outside of the USA. Thanks alot TARGET.COM...no wonder I dislike TARGET so much!

greedo
05-28-2002, 08:14 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about with the duty.....???? According to Canada Customs, and my experience, there is no duty on toys....your paying only the taxes and the $5 Canada Post fee, not duty, unless the package is labeled as something else than toys.

Croaker
05-28-2002, 11:37 AM
We did get one wave past the Rune of EP I.
It was the resculpt wave. Jedi with plastic cloaks and hockey Darth Maul.
I haven't been hit with the duty yet, but I don't order that much.

jjreason
05-29-2002, 01:10 AM
Yep, get yourselves a buddy down south. Ive ordered from the FanClub and ToysRus.COm when they were offering figs for 5.99. Got free shipping from the fanclub too, to Chicago. The box is still there, but Clone trooper and Dex Jettster are crossed of my list becuse my buddy opened the box and confirmed them for me. Cool beans. Now I wait until he finds me the elusive(not really) Obi Wan and Darth 25th anniversary set for 3.94 at target so he can send it all up together. He will mark it gift and I will pay no duty. I had to pay GST once to the tune of 50 bucks because he insured the box with Jorge Sacul inside for like 200. I wrote customs and should be getting a refund here within a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Bosskman
05-29-2002, 05:21 PM
Greedo's right, there is no duty on toys. It's the taxes that Canada custons gets us with.

fourtwo
05-29-2002, 05:44 PM
no duty on toys? so you can come back across with tons of loot and not get lots of duty?

IcebergSlim
05-30-2002, 09:38 AM
I ordered 4 figures from yestertoys, and I didn't pay any duty. Just $5 shipping and the $7-8 per figure.

cujo fett
05-30-2002, 07:26 PM
add the target exclusive accessory sets to figures never to be found in canada
-it is a shame because i wouldn't mind 1 or 2 of each

Darkross
05-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
no duty on toys? so you can come back across with tons of loot and not get lots of duty?

There is no duty on toys (Canada Customs told me so), however they may get you on the HST / GST depending on where you live. I've brought back a Tie Bomber and a Snowspeeder (on separate trips) and each time they asked me what the most expensive toy cost...and so they nailed me for $10.00 tax on each one. Considering I got each of them for $30.00 US instead of the $50.00 + shipping for an online purchase, I think I was one of the fortunate Canadians to get them at a decent price. I too wish we would be getting the accessory sets up here, since I wouldn't mind getting about 12 DS Trooper sets, and 12 - 16 Hoth trooper sets. Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to save up for yet another online purchase.

fourtwo
05-31-2002, 01:15 AM
interesting....
i wonder how opening the figs and bringing them back would work. you could just say they were yours and you were picking them up from a friend or somethin..
hmm

Croaker
05-31-2002, 08:58 AM
I did that when I went to Florida about 5 years ago. I opened all of my figs and put them in my nice new falcon carrying case.
I could have brought them with me to play with for all they knew.

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 05:10 PM
When I say duty I just mean the tax and the five dollar fee for charging you the tax...

Yeah, I'd love a bunch of death star sets. I'll get my girlfriend who lives in the US right now to buy me all but the hoth one (since I'm not interested in it.) But I can't really afford to get tons of them with shipping and stuff.