PDA

View Full Version : I just noticed the top 5 is GONE

mabudonicus
03-07-2002, 12:17 PM
Good riddance, IMHO. Personally, it takes away a fairly pointless measuring stick. I mean, stillakid and Tycho MUST hold some kind of record for "most heartfelt point-by-point debate", and the counter didn't reflect that. Emperor Jargo cursed numbers in the EP thread, and I'll curse em here. Away wi ye, NUMBERS!!

Beast
03-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
Good riddance, IMHO. Personally, it takes away a fairly pointless measuring stick. I mean, stillakid and Tycho MUST hold some kind of record for "most heartfelt point-by-point debate", and the counter didn't reflect that. Emperor Jargo cursed numbers in the EP thread, and I'll curse em here. Away wi ye, NUMBERS!!
Amen to that Mabudon. I as well am glad it's gone. Since I have been posting alot more information lately, to help people as well as to just talk about Star Wars in general. Febuary was just a sick month for info, and there was so much to talk about, but I didn't realize how much I did. :D Now I can post as much as I want, without having to worry about people saying again that I am doing to get the top posting spot. I applaud Sir Steve for his wise decision to rid the community of the Top 5 posters area. *Clap*

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-07-2002, 01:16 PM
and AMEN!

Jek Porky 2002
03-07-2002, 05:56 PM
Amen, over here to!

SithDroid
03-07-2002, 11:18 PM
SirSteve has cast out the demons. Halleluiah!!!!:D

SirSteve
03-08-2002, 12:43 AM
Yes, we believed that people were post padding just to be at the top so we took it out of the equation.

Rollo Tomassi
03-08-2002, 01:44 PM
I think most people at the top were and are frequently consistent whether there was a list or not. Bigb, JJB, jedipartnr, master jedi, etc all just like to converse with the other regulars. If you erased all their #'s it wouldn't affect them one bit. Any post padders vying for the list wouldn't have had any chance of catching those guys.

Jargo
03-08-2002, 04:35 PM
well i can understand why the top five went west but what happened to the online members box? Now i have to keep nipping off to the user CP area to see if my buddies are online or not. Me not happy about that. Me likes to see who's here so me's can find maties and converse. it's like blundering around in the dark now. Especially if you want a quick PM conflab. no point sending if they aren't online when you're after a quick response.

Me feeling sad........ me want the online members box back..... :(

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey man, you and I have some issues.
You say Jango is a lame character, huh?
:crazed:

SithDroid
03-09-2002, 01:33 AM
EMPEROR JARGO, I love your new Avatar. Don't let JarJarBinks see it.:D

JetsAndHeels
03-09-2002, 01:51 AM
It is a cool avatar. He likes to change them alot though.
That is good. It keeps things new and interesting.
What are your plans for your next avatar?

Jargo
03-09-2002, 06:50 AM
Avatar? Well, when i was but a wee boy and I would wander to the kitchen to ask what was for supper. My Mother would always turn to mre and say "Wait and see" So that's what I'll say to all of you :D ;)

LTBasker
03-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Mesa no liken dat avatar. :p

Seriously though Jargo, if you hate Jar-Jar so much, why are you so fixated on bringing Jar-Jar into being the center of attention? :rolleyes:

Btw, about the changes on the board, I understand taking off the Top 5 cause we're better off without it, but why take off "Who's Online?"?

"No dissasemble! Johnny 5 alive!" :eek:

2-1B
03-09-2002, 01:25 PM
I think the members online box was deemed a "server hog" :)

I agree, Jargo, that is a great avatar. Could you do one that shows an Ewok being shorn? :crazed:

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Good Job Boss! Right when I was starting my rise to power! I was going to be rich and famous and then BANG! It's all gone. :rolleyes: Seriously though, I think that it is a great idea, even though GNT and some others won't like it. I for one could care less about the "Top 5 posters". I have better things to do and more important things to worry about.

Dar' Argol
03-09-2002, 04:29 PM
I shall salute you oh great and wise SirSteve wit the 3 Amigos salute.

Thwap . . Thawp . . Thwap . . . UUHHNNN!

:eek: ok, That looks and sounds really bad!!!!!

I never even payed attention to the top poster section at all to tell the truth. But I agree with E-Jargo. The online box was really nice to have. I used it to figure if I wanted to search out a few people posts who were here or if I wanted to wait and come back later :(

P.S. Jargo I said it b/4 in another thread but I LOVE that avatar!!! How about one where 3PO blows up, or a Stormtrooper cracks his head on a door, or . . . aaahhhh, it would be too difficult

Dar' Argol
03-09-2002, 04:37 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!! Its BACK!! The online box is back. Thanx again "Oh wizard oh wise one"

Jargo
03-09-2002, 05:10 PM

i don't hate jarjar, I just thought it was funny. An ewok being shorn sounds good. I might try that. Stormtrooper banging head could prove tricky. Ben disappearing is one I might have a go at.

The animated ones are hard to do with the limited software at my disposal. Not a lot of options available and the star park are tricky enough to get right as it is. Plus the size limits me. I wanted to have another character holding the gun to jarjar but couldn't fit him in and when i reduced the size it got messy. So it's just the laser bolt.

I'm trying to get the flat avatars finished and I've already got 300 odd in the works either finished planned or half done. Lots of pixel blindness.... :crazed: No wonder i never sleep these days...

And just to stay on topic it's great to have the online members box back. Now I don't feel like a billy no mates when i come here :D