PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone like this new Han Solo?

Fulit
08-26-2001, 07:01 PM
Is anyone excited by this new Han sculpt? My wife called him "Bum Leg Han Solo", because she said his leg looks like he's dragging it behind him in the picture. I just kind of don't see a point to another Han, I think the space for him on the pegs could be for another figure, such as a new Rebel General or something. Plus I was happy with the Cantina Han, don't see why we got another resculpt of him in the same clothes so soon after the first.

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 07:21 PM
Han will definitely be the first figure I buy from the new asssortment. Why? It's the face, no other Han figure has even come close to looking like Harrison Ford did in ANH. From the pics I've seen so far this figure seems to be a dead on likeness. I thought the CTC Han was ok but not great, but the likeness was terrible. This figure even though he's frozen in an action pose looks like he'll be incredible, I can't wait to display him next to my mechanic Chewie (giving Chewie a CTC Stormie blaster rifle)!!

Based on photos I give this Han 5 out of 5 s***-eating grins:
:D :D :D :D :D

When I actually get the figure in my hands I give a more complete review in the Reviews section.

evenflow
08-26-2001, 08:02 PM
I have to say that although it may look great, it is really a resculpt that is not needed.

AmanaMatt
08-26-2001, 08:05 PM
I have to agree with you, Bigbarada. I was not particularly excited about another ANH Han, but after seeing it up close and personal, I don't think the 'Net pictures do it justice. I think the face likeness is almost dead-on to Harrison Ford. The only bummer on this fig - that while the belt is a separate piece, the holster isn't functional with the imperial blaster...otherwise a very good fig.

Anyone think that the 25th Anniver. edition w/ Han will be another ANH, or possiblly a redone Han in Stormtrooper gear? I'd personally dig the latter one myself!

humsup
08-27-2001, 03:58 AM
This Han is different from all its predecessor and I'm really happy I bought him home. This is one of my favourite POTJ fig now. I should not dwell into why I like him because earlier replies already sums up my view.

Jargo
08-27-2001, 06:36 AM
Although it'll probably be a while before I find him here in the UK, i have to say that from all the pics I've seen on the net I'm not too fussed on this one. It may look more like Harrison but it still looks ugly. I prefer the slightly like Harrison CTC version. I'm gonna do a head swap as soon as I find this one Because I don't like the pose of CTC Han. That way I get two figures I'm gonna be able to live with. But if the 25th anniversary one is the same as this carded version then whats the point? I hope it looks different as in the Stormtrooper resculpt which hopefully would herald a new Luke stormtrooper sculpt. That would be nice.

JediMaster
08-27-2001, 08:02 AM
I'm of the opinion that the 25th Anniversary 2-packs will be very cool, no matter the outfit, sculpt, or price point! What I wish they'd do would be to make the Luke/Leia and Han/Chewie 2-pax a conjoining detention block "scene", looking down the cell bay... now that would be cool...

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 03:05 PM
I like it! I have no complaints. Sure he's nothing big, but since I play with my toys, I think it's about time that they made a Han that looks like he could go out and kill some Stormtroopers. I mean CTC Han looks like he could go beat up Lando after losing to him in Sabaac, but not a squad of Stormies. I like him.:D

jedi master sal
08-27-2001, 03:48 PM
Do we really need another Han?

Didn't the last "vested" Han prove that resulpts become pegwarmers. Hasbro is making a big mistake and should make a different character figure that the fans want. (Even if the scuplt is great it is still the same old HAN). Don't a'get a'me wrongo (sorry couldn't help myself) I like the character of Han just don't need another of the same old thing.

I was ticked off when I bought the split apart Maul and then found the two-pack Maul-ObiWan. Of course being a near completest I bought it. But whose to say that everyone would.

Many fans by most but not all the figures some only buy the ones they like an then there are the kids to think about. They can neither afford or want another sculpt that doesn't serve them any purpose other than to say they have the newest sculpt.

Okay enough of my ranting for now!

BRING ON THE CLONES!!!!!!

Fulit
08-27-2001, 05:03 PM
After looking at the picture yet again, I think you could get a little plastic guitar and slide it in place of the blaster, and Han would be in a total buttrocker metal pose.

El Chuxter
08-27-2001, 05:50 PM
From the pics I've seen, this one is perfect if you want to customize a Michael Kelso as Han Solo figure. Wait a second--what would ya need to customize? :)

TheJedi
08-27-2001, 05:56 PM
I really like the posability, but the face leaves something to be desired for me. It kind of looks like he is saying, "Who's scruffy looking?" Wrong movie though. lol
Oh yeah, El Chuxter, where in SB county do you live?

Obi-Dan Kenobi
08-28-2001, 01:17 AM
I think it's a great figure but since we have the commtech version and the upcoming two-pack version, I really wonder why this version of Han was chosen. Why not Hoth Han, whcih deperately needs a resculpt, or Endor Han, which could use some updating? I'm still going to buy it. I think the facial expression and pose are great.

Speaking of the two-packs, when I first heard of them, I had an idea. I think it would have been great if they did a trilogy of two-packs. They could have had Obi-Wan and Vader in the duel scene from ANH. Then they could have done Han and Chewbacca from Hoth. (Maybe with packaging approximating the Probot scene?) Then they could have done Luke and Leia in Endor Gear. This could have taken care of several badly-neeeded resculpts. Of course, if you ask me, we have enough Vaders as it is.

GNT
08-28-2001, 02:56 AM
I don't know?, I don't like his head sculpt so I'll wait untill I get him in my hand before I pass judgement

JediTricks
08-28-2001, 09:36 AM
I think the figure looks good, but it's true, even the best danged Han Solo figure ever, Cantina Han, became an almost-instant pegwarmer, and Bespin Han is starting to linger. There MUST have been a better Han Solo costume to make a figure out of than this.

JEDIpartner
08-28-2001, 09:47 AM
...Like Han Solo in "archeological dig" gear with fedora and whip!

Jargo
08-28-2001, 09:51 AM
NO! Surely a new Han Endor with cloth duster coat would have been better? Or a new Han just out of carbon freeze, or just going into carbon freeze, or Hoth snow coat with hood up. Any of those would have piqued my interest, but this is quite so-so really. Cuz it most probably will be a death star Han in that 25th pack. ** hum........:rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
08-28-2001, 09:53 AM
Well, this brings up an interesting question. Hasbro insists on putting "CORE" figures into every wave because they believe those figures are the bread and butter of the line and guarantee sales for the line. But we see more and more evidence of "Core" figures becoming Pegwarmers. mechAnakin, Old Ben, and Farmer Qui Gon are the most recent, but I seem to remember CTC Han and Luke with his little toy T-16 sitting on clearance racks and STILL not getting bought. So is Hasbro paying attention to this turn of events and will this mean
A. More obcure figures instead of resculpts or
B. Hasbro turning down the production fires leaving us with less product in the long run.

I can see B. happening.

Hasbro Exec #1: look at these numbers, Don.
HE#2: Nobody is buying these Star Wars figures. they are warming the pegs.
HE#1: I guess no one wants Star Wars toys anymore...
HE#2: I guess we'll shut down the line and make room for fingerbikes!

pthfnder89
08-28-2001, 10:35 AM
Man JediTricks, I wish I was in LA right now if Bespin Hans are starting to linger on the shelves. I've only managed to find one, and he's one of my fav POTJ figs so far.

Starfig873
08-28-2001, 11:58 AM
Fingerbikes? FINGERBIKES!?! NO! We must not allow such a stupid and unimaginative toy to rule the shelves!

badtaste
08-28-2001, 03:59 PM
Face is nice but to me he's as interesting as all the other hannies. not

I hate people in starwars:mad:

Fulit
08-28-2001, 04:03 PM
To me, fingerbikes represent all that is wrong with America.

Jargo
08-28-2001, 07:27 PM
I praise the as yet unproved deity that I've still not encountered one of these fabled 'fingerbikes'. Instead I have encountered POKEMANGE madness for my pains. And now it's DIGIMANGE! When are the shelves gonna clear of all this absolute garbage and leave the space free for real toys? Fill the stores high with Star Wars and G.I.Joe and Action man and LEGO and other brand film tie in ACTION FIGURES and VEHICLES. not those horrid round phlegm ball things with phlegmy sounding names and phlegmy looking colours and no articulation whatsoever and no accessories!

I'm not a fan of Japanese cheaply made animated serials. Can you tell?

Lobito
09-19-2001, 06:03 PM
Other than the stormie belt, there's nothing more to this figure, well whats another Han for us??

yukface27
09-20-2001, 12:40 AM
All the pics of the Death Star Escape Han (or whatever his name is) I've seen don't look as awe-inspiring as everyone has made them out to be. They say it's the best likeness of Han. To me it looks like he just popped out of some Anime movie or comic. Am I delsusional? I like my Cantina Han. The arms could have been posed a little better or some better articulation to 'em, but it's a great figure (I just need to steal my friends resculpt Greedo to make him complete). For once they made a fig that LOOKS like Harrison Ford. Like a lot of fans and collectors have already said, "Stop the Rescuplts! Bring us something NEW!" I second that motion.

yukface27@hotmail.com