PDA

View Full Version : Zoot alors! I have missed one...Toys 'R Us has an exclusive Titanium 3-pack!

Warstar
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Check it out! (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12428290)

Kind of surprised they did the Droid Federation Command Ship in Episode 3/Clone Wars colors though- it should have been white!

Time to order a couple...but at that darn high price-point! :whip:

mtriv73
02-10-2012, 08:09 AM
It was on sale for $21.99 last week and probably will be again soon if you're willing to gamble and wait. I saw it in the store for the first time a few weeks ago and passed.

Warstar
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Eh I don't trust em. Already ordered.

I wonder how many TRU Exclusives on other things I have missed...this is the first 3" Titanium one I can recall though.

Warstar
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Got these packs today- thankfully both were in great shape to the point where I am still not sure which one I should open.

There's a definite variation in the Droid Control Ship compared with the old original single pack one. The old ship had a black "wash" applied to the whole thing- very obvious and on all of the old releases. This verison has NO black wash- at all (on either ship in either pack).

No black wash actually makes the thing look better IMHO, as washes were sort of the poor-man's "dirt" detail for a while there, and while some wash jobs made some ships looks cooler and "weathered," some of them (particularly on this "massive" cruiser) made them look somehow "smaller" than they should be. Sorta' like when you see miniature water effects in movies- sure it's water, but they just don't look right (See the original Superman movie during the dam breaking scene). :-P

That's 2 variants this 2012 run so far!!!

JediTricks
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Take your included receipt to a TRU and they'll probably give you the difference as long as the sale is still going on.