PDA

View Full Version : Ewok Multipack - Featuring CORPSEY!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Somehow, POTF2.com got an image (http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17045) of two upcoming multipacks, one featuring Ewoks and another featuring ANH pilots. I have no idea if this is from the Hasbro slideshow and was somehow not mentioned anywhere, but it looks like official Hasbro imagery.

The pilots set includes R5-D8 (Porkins' droid), Jek Porkins, Tiree, Davish "Pops" Krail, and a TIE Fighter Pilot (since those have been so darn hard to come by lately :p ). There have been a lot of pilots lately, but this set knocks some of the last remaining speaking pilots from Yavin, so that's something.

More awesome is the Ewok set, which features Corpsey, Tippet, Teebo, Wunka, and Kneesa. I don't know how or when this is coming, but it'll be fantastic to finally have Kneesa. If they keep the name "Corpsey" on the package, I will do cartwheels all the way to Rhode Island and personally kiss every Hasbro employee for five minutes each. It looks like Tippet has an alternate headdress from the comics and Wunka is the Ewok who uses the stormtrooper blaster.

Hopefully more information will be revealed soon.

El Chuxter
02-12-2012, 01:10 AM
On the one hand, Corpsey is indeed an awesome name for an Ewok, and I'm jumping up and down and getting funny looks over Kneesa because that's a figure I've wanted forever.

On the other hand, dammit, wasn't Chukha-Trok planned for this set and already sculpted?

El Chuxter
02-12-2012, 01:11 AM
And, dude, if you kiss every Hasbro employee for five minutes, you'd better get video of that $#@* and post it online.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Oh, yeah - for the record, "Corpsey" was the fan name given to the Ewok who dies in an explosion, when Romba tries but fails to wake him up. Hopefully it will follow through to the final product, since that is just too awesome.

I think this set has undergone a few changes over the last few years. For instance, Kneesa was supposed to come out with Wicket in Fall 2010, but didn't for a number of reasons. I'm not sure if any of the Ewoks that have been released in the last few years originated in this pack or what, but clearly there has been some shuffling. Perhaps they'll bring back Comic Packs and pack Chukha-Trok with Jaxxon on an all-new adventure. :p

El Chuxter
02-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Perhaps they'll bring back Comic Packs and pack Chukha-Trok with Jaxxon on an all-new adventure. :p
If that were to happen, I would know that the end of the world had come and I would ask Freddie Mercury to perform a song with Jimi Hendrix at my next birthday party. :D

I didn't realize that was Romba in that scene. Learn something new every day.

DarkJedi5
02-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Is it just me or have these photos already been taken down?

Nevermind, it looks like they're back up.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Why don't we have a re-pack of COMMtechs for this, especially with TPM 3-D out? It could have the "wuuhhhh-huuuh... wuuhhhh-huuuh..." chant for Threepio, the end sing-along Ewok song, Ewok yells. Awesome!

JEDIpartner
02-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I *heart* Corpsey.

:love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Sandtroopers (http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20120621/index.html) has boxed and loose images of the Ewok Pack and Yavin Pilots Pack, both of which are $34.99 TRU exclusives. Sadly, "Corpsey" has been renamed as Nanta (who's mentioned in the Galactic Campaign Guide as a shaman - so now we know Corpsey's true identity, I guess). "Wunka" has also been renamed Flitchee for some reason (the same source says it's an Ewok fire spirit, so I guess this Ewok was named after that Flitchee). Still, there's a lot of awesomeness in the set anyway - there are nine different hoods/headdresses for the four Ewoks (including both of Teebo's looks) and lots of weapons.

In the other pack, R5-D8 looks almost identical to R5-D4 aside from the blue panels on the front being changed to gray. I guess that's more or less consistent with other representations of the character (the LEGO version one is basically just R5-D4, though), so that's fine, but a different droid might have been more interesting. But I like Porkins' helmet with the chin strap undone. :p

El Chuxter
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Is that the TIE Pilot that won the Battle of Yavin for the Rebels?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Is that the TIE Pilot that won the Battle of Yavin for the Rebels?
Yup! Apparently his name is "Mauler" Mithel. He'll have some silver dots on his helmet; I'm reasonably sure there's a version that's basically the same, but there have been so many slight variations on this mold that I can't remember right now where it came from. I'll have to check next time I'm around the collection.

JediTricks
06-22-2012, 12:43 AM
I'm more impressed that they're doing a new Porkins. Too bad about the pricing on these, 5 Ewoks ain't worth $35, and there's a lot of recycling in the Yavin one. I may stash one of each until a sale comes up.

El Chuxter
06-22-2012, 02:15 AM
When basic figures are $11 at some stores, and next to impossible to find for less than $10, $35 for five Ewoks ($7/figure) is a steal.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm more impressed that they're doing a new Porkins. Too bad about the pricing on these, 5 Ewoks ain't worth $35, and there's a lot of recycling in the Yavin one. I may stash one of each until a sale comes up.
I'm interested to see if they ended up reusing any of Willrow Hood's mold for Porkins, like they alluded to a few years ago. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he looks a bit chunkier than the ol' ICMG.

mtriv73
06-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm interested to see if they ended up reusing any of Willrow Hood's mold for Porkins, like they alluded to a few years ago. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he looks a bit chunkier than the ol' ICMG.

I just happen to have Willrow on a shelf in my lab and comparing him to the fuzzy pictures Sandtroopers got ahold of I'd say no. The legs and lower arms are certainly different. I can't see the upper arms well enough to make any conclusions. The torso, assuming the vest isn't part of the mold, could share some parts, but it's doubtful. There seems to be some minor differences in the torso, but the vest obscures it enough to not be able to say definitively.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-23-2012, 12:09 PM
When is this supposed to be out? Since I don't have a TRU near me, I'll need to be aware of when to look for it online, or make a drive down towards Seattle later this summer.

JediTricks
06-25-2012, 01:31 AM
When basic figures are $11 at some stores, and next to impossible to find for less than $10, $35 for five Ewoks ($7/figure) is a steal.But they're half the size of regular figures.

I'm interested to see if they ended up reusing any of Willrow Hood's mold for Porkins, like they alluded to a few years ago. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he looks a bit chunkier than the ol' ICMG.Have they been consistent on anything like that lately? Not to my knowledge, all past promises and plans seem to have gone out the window lately.

Porkins should be thicker than ICMG, remember how big Hootkins was in Raiders and '89 Batman? Great in both films, but not even remotely as svelte as Willrow Hood who is barely rotund at all.

TheDarthVader
06-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Seems to me like the Potj porkins has a bigger belly than this new one.

JediTricks
06-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Seems to me like the Potj porkins has a bigger belly than this new one.I agree, that figure looks more like his shape than this, even Willrow Hood seems rounder than this figure.

El Chuxter
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Do we actually see Porkins from mid-torso down?

JediTricks
06-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Do we actually see Porkins from mid-torso down?That's a negative, Red Three. You can see him from the upper-mid-torso though and it's pretty obvious he's pretty big, and we see the actor in Raiders a couple years later, his face doesn't look different and he looks about 275 to 325, I'd guess. I never had a problem with the Rebels having a fat pilot, it's about flying skill, so as long as he can fit in the cockpit, send him up there - they'd send up more Ewoks if they could train 'em... beyond Kettch of course.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Yup! Apparently his name is "Mauler" Mithel. He'll have some silver dots on his helmet; I'm reasonably sure there's a version that's basically the same, but there have been so many slight variations on this mold that I can't remember right now where it came from. I'll have to check next time I'm around the collection.
Well, he should have them - the only other TIE Pilot with the silver dots is Major Mianda from the Battle Over Endor sets, but he also has the gray stripes on his helmet's "face." But it looks like this figure doesn't even have the dots, so . . . whatever.

TheDarthVader
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I want porkins to have a bigger belly than willrow. I want him to have the biggest belly of any human that has ever been made in the star wars line; the huge belly would help make the figure.

mtriv73
07-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I think you'll need to do a headswap with Malakili then.

JediTricks
07-03-2012, 09:38 PM
I think you'll need to do a headswap with Malakili then.Genius! This must happen, Jek Porkins - Road Warrior! Oh, but the Malakili is really short.