PDA

View Full Version : Which Figures to keep

markwa
02-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Out of the vintage collection which is better to keep?

Figure on Revenge card OR Figure on card with actual movie name OR both?
For the TPM, is it better to keep the card with the giveaway sticker Or without sticker?

Thanks,
Mark

mtriv73
02-16-2012, 09:49 AM
If you're giving away the others then I'll take them off your hands. If you're looking at action figures as an investment then you're about 30 years too late. Check E-bay, prices of things we collect in our hobby just keep going down with time. Keep the one you're most interested in. For me, I only got the revenge carded figures (and only a few of those,) because that was all that interested me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2012, 01:23 PM
If you're giving away the others then I'll take them off your hands. If you're looking at action figures as an investment then you're about 30 years too late. Check E-bay, prices of things we collect in our hobby just keep going down with time. Keep the one you're most interested in. For me, I only got the revenge carded figures (and only a few of those,) because that was all that interested me.
I agree. It's "better" to keep the ones you like the best, and don't worry about anything else.

JediTricks
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
From a collectible standpoint, I would definitely keep the cards WITH the stickers. The stickers are very easy to remove cleanly (they are designed to be that way now), whereas if you don't have them you can't just put them back on. I personally don't like how the stickers look on the cards though.

As for the rarity on the Revenge vs Return cards, I suppose the Revenge cards are going to be rarer but right now it doesn't feel like it since they are still trickling out of their shipping window. Only time will tell which one bears out longer, but the Revenge cards will probably be the rarer variant as time goes on. If nothing else, they will be harder to replace over time, whereas there will be more product with Return logos no matter what. But if you can afford to, hold onto both since some of the Return cards may ship in lower numbers overall. For my collection, if I were still a carded collector, I'd definitely hold onto the Revenge cards just for the variety.

Snowtrooper
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM
As far as Revenge cards go, if I found a figure on a Revenge card, I kept it and didn't get the Return version of it. I think they are going to be like other chase figures of the past: worth a little more then the regular versions, but not worth a fortune.

As for the the stickers, I removed pretty much all of them except for a few to keep as examples. I kept a Boba Fett with the Fett sticker and a Darth Maul with the Maul sticker on it. I like to see the pictures on the cards, so thats why I ended up peeling off most of mine.