PDA

View Full Version : favorite micro machine vehicle to cruise about the country side in

good shot jansen
03-07-2002, 02:52 PM
after surveying all the micro machines in my collection (ok, masons collection), i'v decided that the vehicle i'd most like to take on a warm sunny sunday afternoon jaunt through the country side would have to be the die cast gian speeder.

this thing is built for top down, sun on your face, wind in your hair fun. the super sweet matalic purple paint job is sure to turn a head or two as you zip past small towns, and farmland on the journey.

the nifty design of the engines tucked into the rear quarter, away from the pasanger seating, ensures that your trip will not only be a smooth repluser glide, but also a quiet one. not like the noise one would be subjected to in iether the flash, or heaven forbid, luke's noisy 727 jet engine job!

plus, the design and palcement of the three blaster cannons (just in case you're needing more than a friendly smile from a jackson or two to tawk your way outta speeding ticket) is way more stylin' than either the mm or af versions.

yep, that'd be my ride choice fer sure!

LTBasker
03-07-2002, 04:40 PM
I'd agree, the Gian Speeder is pretty cool, but I might have to say a speederbike or a swoop... Nah the Gian Speeder, it's just too cool. :)

rosel_sampson
03-07-2002, 05:28 PM
id chose the type 9 shuttlecraft, its sleek and speedy and you can cruise the contryside on anny planet

JediTricks
03-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Die Cast Death Star!!! :D

Ok, seriously, I'd dig the Action Fleet Lars' Family Landspeeder. It's got some storage space AND an open control area. Plus, those engines look like they could haul space-arse in a hovering drag race.

SWAFMAN
03-07-2002, 07:09 PM
SPEEDERBIKE
all the way!

jeddah
03-08-2002, 05:18 AM
For a country cruise, I'd probably take the Royal Starship, pop the canopy if it's nice, and set to autopilot whilst I sunbathe on the fuselage, dispensing choice heckles at passers-by, disparaging their clothes or social standing. Perhaps have a laugh with the Astromechs in the droid hold if the weather's being typically English

For shopping, it would have to be a Trade Fed Lander so I can pack in all my gorgeously fine purchases.

I live in Theed, darling.:kiss:

jeddah

jeddah
03-09-2002, 04:58 AM
Come on :frus: this is a really good thread, someone post willya!

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-09-2002, 09:12 AM
(sheeesh, ya make one disparaging remark twards a brit, and poof! you get their lousy weather for a week:rolleyes: ), rainy,damp and quite chilly for us floridians, the die cats gian speeder has been left in the garage, forcing me to take to the skys in my jc penny, darth vaders advanced tie.

as is always the case, whenever a touch of h2o makes to the ground here in fla, the traffic sqeals to a dead crawl:frus: , thus requiring a higher travelin' height than 1 1/2 meters if i'm ever to git anywhere!:p

the vision panels in the top hatch allow me to stay dry, while still enjoying the daylight (rather dim with all the clouds, but daylight none-the less) streaming in from the top.

and just in case it decides to hail (which happens freq. here in fla), the shields, which neither the standard tie, nor interceptor provide, comes in handy to keep the battleship grey paint from gettin' nipped!

as i'm zippin' through the stratosphere, too high for any criticizin' eye's, stylin' colors ain't important.

JediTricks
03-10-2002, 01:34 PM
On rainy days, it's the AF Snowspeeder for me!

good shot jansen
03-11-2002, 02:12 PM
it's time to take my transforming naboo battlefield mtt out for a little retaliatory spin:Pirate:

let's see those friggin road hogs nudge me out in this thing. heck, with the storm cloud i'm kickin' up with my oversized repulser lifts, those banes to civilized road play won't even get the chance to merge (translation cut off), with, or as usual without directionals blinking away uselessly:cool:

wanna make my day pilgrem? go ahead, just you try:evil:

vulcantouch
01-23-2003, 11:50 PM
i assume you mean ground vehicles? try dunkin yer whiskers in this (http://www.sydmead.com/features/limo/) long drink o hotwheel water (coming soon), it'd make a nice companion peice to deckard's diecast Blade Runner car & BTTF's time delorean (i still don't have the latter) :)
vt

JediTricks
01-24-2003, 04:19 AM
VT, that is super bad, that's one I *hope* I'll be able to find when it comes out... wait, that's a 2002 car! I guess now that it's 2003, I need to look into the new line of HW to see if there are any other lovelies worth purchasing as well as trying to pick up the ones I've missed from last year.

I have the Japanese Hot Wheels BTTF Delorean as well as the Johnny Lightning one, each has its charms though they're fairly different from each other. However, neither can hold a candle to the 1/18th one I got for x-mas last month, that thing kicks monster bootay - opening hood, working gullwing doors, fold-down wheels, Mr Fusion, and tons of interior and underside details. I immediately ran out the next day and bought it a plastid display case.

BTW, after saving that pic to my HD in my Hot Wheels folder, I found this 2002 pic that I liberated from the Mattel site last year (April 20th).

Glitch
01-24-2003, 12:47 PM
I like my transportation like I like my women: hairy, grumpy, and horny.

Put me down for a Bantha.

Jangu Fett
01-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Way to much info there, Glitch;) . The way the weather is up in the north-eastern states, give me a Snowspeeder. Any other time I'd like to go around in Zam's ride, with that, nearly all glass cockpit. The veiw would be aewsome. Not to mention the SPEED.:cool:

Darth Sh0diC
01-25-2003, 03:18 AM
AT-TE! Its slow and a little big but the weapons and the big stomping legs make up for it. heheehe i can just imagine my self stomping down the street, crushing cars just to pick up some milk from the supermarket :D

jeddah
01-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Well, in the wake of the new SW film and accompanying AFs - I think I would have to chose the Jedi Starfighter for the moment. Although its colour scheme would go better with the Christmas palette the cockpit pop-ability would be ideal for the unseasonably clement and bright weather we've been having here in the microclimate of Bournemouth, and I could still get to disparage the poor and styleless from the comfort of my cockpit.

Furthermore, I could modify the headband thing to include a radio mic and record my new songs as inspiration strikes me.

And as for traffic jams, i would just deploy the ol hyperdrive ring and BOOOOOOM

Of course for my usual transport I would be using the Senatorial G-type bomber wing from the opening of the film, except my one would have much more astromechs and anti Zam measures :) I would also fly it illegally low so people could hear the wonderful purr for miles, and an unlimited supply of sonic charges to give it that wow factor. I would deploy them over radio stations that weren't playing Soul or Hip Hop :evil:

I still live in Theed darlings

:kiss:

jeddah

JediTricks
01-26-2003, 06:55 PM
I don't think the AT-TE's legs are big enough to stomp a car, the AT-TE is much smaller than an AT-AT and I think the feet are only around 3 feet tall or so.

sicqnus
01-27-2003, 03:45 AM
"Just cruisin'" says Will Smith on my radio...
I will never have any traffic problems...
Never again...

I'm just driving my brand new AT-AT in the streets !
"Hey you ! Move your car ! Move your dirty fat ca... Ooops ! Too late..."
Sorry.:sur:

"Mmmmh, Godzilla is a little player !"

vulcantouch
01-27-2003, 12:26 PM
cuz lookie wha hoppen in my primary stompin grounds friday (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?g=events/ts/012503denvercrash&a=&tmpl=ga&e=2&m=g&c=2) :dead: i thought about mebbe watching Black Hawk Down for its appropriateness that night but opted for Dead Ringers instead, comin soon to the Hump :eek: all i can say is, next time any kamikazes wanna come gunnin for vt they'll need better aim :evil:
jt: what was that painting doin on mattel site? btw it's in my '87 meadbook Oblagon so it's at least that old. i saw jl dmc in store a few months back & really dug it but i'd likely only want either it Or japhot so which would you say has better detail? who knows, maybe scoring me that one might be how you can work off yer clonepilot debt :D
on a related note, i emailed the hotwheel piclink to mama in tejas, & next day she says sighted one in targ down there; so contrary to link, sent400 is not Coming Soon, it's Here :)
vt

JediTricks
01-27-2003, 08:30 PM
That scan was on their site showing off the entire 2002 HW line, it was this crazy Javascript/Style Sheets dealy that I had to analyze for a few minutes before I could extract the source image cleanly.

The Japanese Hot Wheels Delorean is the better of the 2 mainly based on the wheels and coloring issues on the rear deck, though it's not "perfect" like the 1/18th is. If I see another of these, I'll pick it up for you if I can afford it, I got 2 of the KITT ones but only 1 of the Delorean when I bought these.

I figured it had to be out now, it's from the 2002 line. This probably means it's rare now but won't be by spring. What's weird is that even if Mead OKed the current paint job, Mattel will repaint it like 5 times over the next 7 years.

vulcantouch
02-01-2003, 12:56 PM
wouldn't mind viewing 1/18 but not owning, that's too big for the constraints of my collection. after all, scifivehs are but one of my interests, i don't want toys takin over my life now do i ;) so japhot's better, eh? surprising, cuz the jl i saw was impressive enough that i have a hard time imagining a mere hotwheel rendition could even approach it.
speaking of: tejas mamma bought & mailed me that sent400 she found & it arrived yesterday :) on one hand it reminded me why i don't collect hotwheels (toyish detailing doesn't compare to mm execution). on other, nice custom interior details and it's just plain nice to have a sydcar in small toy form so i can recommend this to bc3, gsj & other not-strictly-galoob-mm collectors (it's in scale with mm or af figs, not sure which exactly). body color turns out to be metallic blue-green not too diff from blue parts of silver r2 dee2 gave me a month ago (http://r2toyforce.net/IMAGES/r2figswindow_7.JPG) :)
vt

jeddah
02-01-2003, 04:56 PM
AHEM @ NON-DISCUSSION OF FAVE AF/MM TO CRUISE IN! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:p :D

JediTricks
02-01-2003, 05:09 PM
The JL one and the HW one have different strengths and weaknesses, so it really depends on what you're looking for in that department, but I do prefer the Japanese Hot Wheels car (Mattel makes HW but Bandai is the name on the packaging in Japan, I guess for licensing) because of the wheels and rear section.

I've been looking for that Sentinal 400 lately and haven't come up with it yet, but I'm glad to hear you got one. It is cool to have Mead's designs in toy form.

good shot jansen
02-02-2003, 05:55 PM
what girlfriend said!

now boyz, don't forget to bring this here sidebar discussion of yours back to center once your done cruisin' the country side in your non af/mm vehickle that seems to be in firm grasp of you two's motoring fancy.

:p

JediTricks
02-02-2003, 08:43 PM
You know what the problem would be with crusing in a SWMM? Anything like the AF Gian speeder or DC Landspeeder would have a messed up ride thanks to those googly wheels. :D

Tibor
02-03-2003, 09:38 AM
oooh, I think a B-wing to take care of GSJ's SUV problem...

OK, I didn't say I'd actually blast away, I just imagine they might be less inclined to try to intimidate a big ol' B-wing.

But for pleasure cruising, how can I pass up a Naboo starfighter with the cockpit open. Sunny, stylish, efficient, ...

T

jeddah
02-03-2003, 05:21 PM
mmMMmm nice choice Tibor, Nice landing gear on that AF even if they intepreted it through Hannah Barbera-specs ;)

As for the B-wing, well, I am afraid it will be a frosty day in hell when i get into THAT intepretation of the superking of the Rebel Alliance. If I was allowed to jump in the Ertl resin kit one I made that is roughly AF scale, then I'd be right next to ya helping GSJ out, except I WOULD be stylin-strafin'

:D

jeddah

r2dee2
02-04-2003, 05:06 PM
Well.........
http://toyforce.net/weddingcarlandspeedermergedaf_7.jpg :D

Glitch
02-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Hey.... I resent that comment about the Naboo Fighter landing gear! I had to make that up on my own/steal it from the queen's ship. :) After I saw Episode II, it was easy to see why LFL was unable to provide us any with landing gear references back then. :crazed:

All considering, I thought it turned out pretty well.

good shot jansen
02-05-2003, 06:37 AM
in fact, that's the ships main saving grace. (due to the size constraints, the shortened, and i mean waaaaaaaay shortened tail ruined the overall appearance of this graceful fighter). in fact, all the landing gear work on the episode I action fleet was extremely well executed. i love how the front legs of the sith infiltrator swing out and down.

i actually think the design of the n-1 gear is far superior to the levitating parlour trick shown on the landing platform in ep. II.

lets say i'm cruisin' 'bout the country side in my n-1, and i just gotta stop at a&w for a big frosty mug of root beer cause nothing else is gonna quench my thirst as good as that! i don't wanna have to negotiate wind currents and rough parking terrain just to climb outta my ship, perhaps losing my footin' and slipping down and breakin something, jes cause the lame brains at theed motor works wanna shove the latest in repulsar lift gadgetry into everything they do. no way baby, i want a firm connection to terra firma with my stylin' tucked away oh so right into the engine mounts, rear facing, power extendin' glitch designed landing pads thankyou very much.

my life is wobbely enough as it is!

jeddah
02-05-2003, 08:40 AM
I think you two yobs misunderstood me. It is the landing gear I liked. <these Americans are crazy> :D

;)

jeddah

Glitch
02-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Doh!

Sorry about that, J.

To me, Hannah-Barbera = crap.

I guess it all depends on your 70's - 80's Saturday morning cartoon perspective. :)

GSJ,

No problem, and thanks. I hope your life gets a little less....wobbely?

SWAFMAN
02-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
....my life is wobbely enough as it is!

Originally said by Kelly Bundy
"The mind wobbles"

JediTricks
02-05-2003, 08:34 PM
I like the landing gear on the Naboo Fighter as well, but the rear one is placed directly where the droid-intake door should be so points off for that. ;) Also, whom do I address as to the general fattiness of the N-1 that makes it look so badly inaccurate? :D