PDA

View Full Version : Is Wal-Mart single-handedly sabotaging the new Titanium line?

Warstar
03-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Why in the world is Wal-Mart selling the new Titanium 3-packs for $29.96 when just about everywhere else is $19.99 or thereabouts?

I saw the 3 new packs (Ep. 4, 5 and 6) at a Wal-Mart in Helena, MT, today, and I could not bring myself to buy them for $30 each- and I did not feel like making a display of the fact that the Target across town (although they did not have the new Ep 4, 5 and 6 packs in stock) sells the Titanium 3-packs for $19.99.

I mean spending $60 on 3 of the new packs is one thing- spending $90 for 3 is as good as buying 4.5 packs elsewhere. When you're getting "one to keep; one to open," that adds up!

I don't get it. Are they gouging on purpose? Are the packs SELLING in your Wal-Marts? They are not at my local Wal-Mart- I am the only person who has bought any from there- and I spent $19.99 each because I had proof in the form of a Target receipt showing the lower price. The original packs I left on the shelf from when I bought mine a few weeks ago are still sitting there- precariously above a $29.96 price tag- gathering dust.

It dis-heartens me to see a new Titanium 3-pack listed (TIE Crawler? OOOO!) for $29.96 on Wal-Mart.com. I'll just wait and buy it from Hasbro for $19.99.

Thoughts? I mean there's no way that the world's largest discount store chain has to pay more to sell the Titaniums in their store- so why are they charging more???

I don't want Hasbro to look at Wal-Mart sales and say "Wow! These aren't selling at Wal-Mart! I guess we'll have to mothball the line again!" when it's because they're $10 MORE per pack than everywhere else!!!

cloneemperor
03-07-2012, 10:59 AM
I haven't seen them at any of the Wal-Marts close by me, but that's probably because I'm in Canada. That being said, my Toys R Us is selling them for 29.99, and I haven't been able to justify the expense yet.

Warstar
03-09-2012, 11:40 PM
I haven't seen them at any of the Wal-Marts close by me, but that's probably because I'm in Canada. That being said, my Toys R Us is selling them for 29.99, and I haven't been able to justify the expense yet.

Interesting. Toys 'R Us in America has them for $26.99, though their exclusive Pod Racer pack is on sale for $19.99 at the moment.

Still higher than the $19.99 at other retailers.

It's maddening.

mtriv73
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
It has to just be a mistake they haven't rectified yet. The deleted scene wave won't even scan at most walmarts. I'm sure it's a challenge managing so many upc codes, but you'd think they would have fixed it by now. On the other hand, if they're moving enough of the titaniums @ the higher price there's no incentive for them to bring the price down. Vote with your dollars and wait until target has them.