PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Games

Bel-Cam Jos
03-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Any of you who read the YA series looking forward to this flick? I saw the soundtrack's due out the Tue. before the film's out on 3/23, and I plan to see it sometime. Not the openign day, as I won't be in town.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2012, 07:59 PM
... aaaaaaaaaand I finally saw it. Apparently, no one else here at SSG did. :rolleyes: Very good, pretty true to the book, quite emotional (and well acted). Interesting to see the other two films and how they fit the book's storylines.

sith_killer_99
05-26-2012, 11:07 PM
I have not seen it yet, waiting for the blu-ray.

Snowtrooper
05-27-2012, 09:29 AM
My daughter wants to see this, but I've heard its pretty violent so I'm hoping to maybe view it first before I decide on taking her.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2012, 09:50 AM
My daughter wants to see this, but I've heard its pretty violent so I'm hoping to maybe view it first before I decide on taking her.Yeah, it's pretty graphic, once the arena scenes begin. But then again, so's the book. It's a good idea to see it first (if you can still find it in theaters, as it's been out about 2 months) before taking anyone under 14, IMO. The Blu-Ray extras I'm sure will be awesome (I figure it'll be out in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year).

sith_killer_99
05-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah, it's pretty graphic, once the arena scenes begin. But then again, so's the book. It's a good idea to see it first (if you can still find it in theaters, as it's been out about 2 months) before taking anyone under 14, IMO. The Blu-Ray extras I'm sure will be awesome (I figure it'll be out in time for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year).

Out in time for Thanksgiving, wouldn't that be ironic.