PDA

View Full Version : Teebo=POODOO!

PloKoon2385
03-07-2002, 06:04 PM
I just got my Teebo Wave today and although I am mostly satisfied, I would like to state my dissatisfactions.
I'll start with Teebo. It is a nice sculpt and likeness, except a few things. The paint (namely the white stripes) are barely visible. Also, the hood is poorly done. There are no tusks on the dead animal, and there is very little paint on the animal. It looks like the prototype. It is just barf colored plastic.

Secondly, R4-M9. This is the best of them. The paint isn't too bad and the sculpt is nice. The third leg (in the middle) however is crooked on mine. It is a permant position pointing to the right, like R4 is going in circles.

Lastly, BoShek. Very nice sculpt, neutral mostly and the face is almost perfect. BUT, as stated in another post, the paint is sloppy with this little sucker. The white is not just on the straps, its in little random places.

All of them, mostly BoShek, are bendy. The rubber is soft and odd. BoShek's weapon is made of Elmer's glue, and Teebo's is made from cement. They are nicely sculpted but for the most part, poorly painted. If this was Hasbro's report card I would give them a "C." I think that maybe Hasbro is going a little too fast. This is the first time (I think) that we have gotten new SW figs, monthly. I think they are confusing quantity with quality. Now, perhaps it is because they were rushed with the Episode II stuff and all, but if they are going to do something, do it right!

Lord Tenebrous
03-07-2002, 09:32 PM
I do think you're right about rushing figures out, which explains the massive variation in quality. I also notice that while the first Ep1 figures were dated 1998, the first AOTC figures are dated 2002. Which might mean that Hasbro ran into trouble somewhere and we're seeing the results of it.

They really could have omitted some figures and released the BoShek wave at the end of last year, because it's getting too late to be shipping non-AOTC merchandise in large amounts. But maybe if we're lucky, some stores will hold the BoShek wave and peg it in the fall.

I won't be ordering the BoShek wave online, and I guess I'm a little disappointed about that, when we could have had these unique figures earlier, and maybe Hasbro could have had the Jedi Training and Sith Apprentice figures be the last wave, stuff that really shouldn't have been a priority in the first place...

Beast
03-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I won't be ordering the BoShek wave online, and I guess I'm a little disappointed about that, when we could have had these unique figures earlier, and maybe Hasbro could have had the Jedi Training and Sith Apprentice figures be the last wave, stuff that really shouldn't have been a priority in the first place...
Why don't you want to order the BoShek wave on-line Lord Tenebrous? Just for your info, http://www.federationtoys.com/ has them for 6.50 a piece, plus shipping. A pretty good deal, almost equal with what you could find them in stores. I definatly wouldn't pay as much as some places are charging. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
03-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Teebo is an awesome figure but has anyone else noticed that this Teebo is not the same as the vintage one? This Teebo has a hood under the animal head, and appeared that way only at the final battle between the Ewoks and the Imperials in ROTJ. The vintage Teebo only had the animal head and he appeared like that (without the hood) for most of his time onscreen (when they captured Luke, Han, Chewie and the droids, and later on in the village) You can clearly see this when Teebo cuts Artoo loose. The vintage one even came with that axe he uses. The POTJ Teebo comes with the spear he used in the battle.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-08-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Secondly, R4-M9. This is the best of them. The paint isn't too bad and the sculpt is nice. The third leg (in the middle) however is crooked on mine. It is a permant position pointing to the right, like R4 is going in circles.

Hmmm. That's interesting...

"Hey R4. How's it hanging?"

"A little to the right today."

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 05:48 PM
Also...... Teebo's hood isn't removeable like Wicket and Logray's. Dissapointing...

Jayspawn
03-09-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm still looking for this wave. Hopefully it won't be too much longer till I fin it. I would like to get these figures before the AOTC figures come out.

A.J.
03-15-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Also...... Teebo's hood isn't removeable like Wicket and Logray's. Dissapointing...

Actually, Teebo's hood will come off. It's molded to fit very snugly around his face, so getting it over his head requires some tenacity.

Starfig873
03-15-2002, 08:26 AM
It's true, I saw last night at my JediOKC meeting, Teebo went aroud with no hood for awhile. :p

As for the figures, I like them all, they each have small problems though, but easy to look past. Teebo's hood really could have used some paint...but..eh, I won't lose sleep. :)

pthfnder89
03-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
As for the figures, I like them all, they each have small problems though, but easy to look past. Teebo's hood really could have used some paint...but..eh, I won't lose sleep. :)

Me too. This is my favorite POTJ wve in a long time. I can honestly say that Bo Shek is in my top 5 favorite list. And R4-M9 is a really great looking doird IMO.

The only one I didn't open was Teebo. He looks good to me, but I just don't have much use for any of the Ewok figures, so they stay carded.:D

evenflow
03-16-2002, 01:46 AM
I have to agree, I like thi wave too. I think they did a great job with Teebo and BoShek. That's just my opinion though.

Jargo
03-16-2002, 12:09 PM
I liked R4 so much I bought three. BoShek is fine, his paint is well applied on mine and none of the messiness I've read about. Two of my R$'s have the wonky middle leg thing though and the paint on them could be better applied. I'm customising those two though so it doesn't matter really.
Teebo is a lovely figure. Despite a lack of stripes that show and a hood wothout much paint detail, the actual sculpt is just great. his accessories are dandy and the wrist articulation although not really needed is a nice addition. It's a shame the more current AOTC figures couldn't be this good. Apart from R3-T7 who is the best thing since - well, R4-M9. :)

2-1B
03-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Nice touch with the wrists, but I'm not sure on the headdress. The animal teeth look good, yet I think it would be better with painted feathers :)

jedibear
03-17-2002, 01:10 AM
...who'd of thought we'd ever see Bo Shek!?!? I lucked out, because the paint/detailing on all three of the figures in this wave is fine. (Not that I'm disputing other folks' problems...I experienced my own disappointment with the Eeth Koth figure...falling apart, non-color-matched, broken-fingered peice 0f c**p).

I think Teebo in excellent...the detailing would look bad if it was too dark & the removable accessories make this one easy for army builders/customizers to have fun.

And as for R4....they could have a droid-of-the-month club & I'd join!

Jayspawn
03-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Ok, I finally was able to get Teebo and I like him. The detail on mine is pretty good and I like the wrist articulation. Too bad his hood isn't removable, but I don't mind too much.

jedibear
03-18-2002, 12:40 AM
....but the hood DOES come off. Really.

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 04:53 AM
I got the BoShek wave and I would have to agree with Jargo on this. Mine didn't come with messed up paint either so either people are exaggerating because there is so much white detail and possibly a couple white spots here or there that don't make sense, or Hasbro's been paying more attention. I think the R4 leg crisis is just a matter of how it was being packed into the bubble because I got 1 screwed up middle leg and 1 perfectly straight one, I opened the screwed up middle leg of course and with a little work was able to bend it back a little.

The Teebo figure isn't all that bad, I don't mind the hard-to-see stripes, granted they should stand out more, the whole figure itself makes up for it, and the hood is ok, it could've been more brown but not bad, I think the best part is that not only are there no re-used POTF2 Wicket mold pieces, but that also includes the spear! :cool:

I guess Teebo's situation can be explained by they had to cut down on the white paint to use on him because BoShek needed more than they thought. :p

Tycho
03-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Mine just arrived from Yestertoys! Today is Monday, when I'm posting, and I ordered them last Sunday or Monday I believe. A standard week is a little long for Yestertoys, but they have never disappointed me.

My question is: Isn't Teebo a little BIG?

The release of a new Ewok prompted me to buy an extra Wicket-Logray 2 pack, so I can start an all-Ewok collection in addition to my main Battle of Endor diorama. Why? I don't really know yet...

Help me Credit Card Overlimit Fees.... You're my only hope!

But meanwhile, Teebo is much larger than Wicket or Logray. For the latter, weren't they the same size in the movie, or is the way Kenner made the vintage Logray and Teebo just confusing me?

I thought Logray was a larger Ewok?

Teebo was played by midgit and late-Star Wars veteran actor Jack Purvis (Chief Jawa and Chief Ugnaught). I don't recall the name of the actor that played Logray. If he was an adult, child, or even if He was a "He" in that costume.

Wicket was no doubt the smallest one, and I think his modern figure is too big. Your insight would be appreciated.

Yub-Nub! Yub-Nub! (sorry. I just had to post that last part).

Beechiewaa-waaaaa! :D

LTBasker
03-19-2002, 04:57 AM
I haven't compared'em but I think he's probably in scale while the POTF2 figures being out of scale. It'd be nice to see some new Ewok 2-packs released, especially resculpts of Wicket and Logray with new molds for each.