PDA

View Full Version : who has the best and biggest collection

rosel_sampson
03-07-2002, 05:25 PM
i want to know who has the best and biggest star wars and star trek, heck space in general micro machines collection. oh ya and does anyone know of a micro machines customizer ill pay big bucks for good customs. also if you have pictures of your collection feel free to post 'em:Pirate:

SWAFMAN
03-07-2002, 07:11 PM
ooooh!! I can't wait to hear how this one plays out....
:D

LTBasker
03-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I have the biggest collection! It's me! Me and only me! :D Ok it's not, I probably have the smallest collection. :rolleyes:

JediGoofy
03-08-2002, 03:29 AM
I have the BEST and BIGGEST COLLECTION ... of the building where I live! :D
Yes, it's true, for sure! There are at least 5 other apartments, and I have the biggest Star Wars MicroMachines (and Action Fleet, by the way) collection of them all! :happy:
(I wonder if my neighbours do even know what "Star Wars MicroMachines" are. :confused: )

Anyway I am the BIGGEST COLLECTOR! I said! And I am proud of it! :cool:

JediGoofy :Pirate:

P.S. I am the biggest collector, that is, until any of you guys will become my neighbour. ;)

jeddah
03-08-2002, 05:09 AM
As Baal Jnr and Snr recently donated their entire AF & MMs collection to me, I presume that I am the holder of best collection.

I wonder who has the crappiest collection. I think it is probably GSJ. He let's his chillun play with his! Isn't he silly everyone? :stupid: Swaffy's not much better now he's a Great Great Grandfather and VT converts his into badges (what a wuss!)

:p to all-a-yuzz excpet BC3 who has the decency to be English

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-08-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by jeddah

I wonder who has the crappiest collection. I think it is probably GSJ. He let's his chillun play with his! Isn't he silly everyone?

:p for that very reason, my collection is the best cause my mm's get lots of love and attention:happy: they ain't sittin' round on some knotty english pine shelf, in some some old stuffy drafty english flat gatherin' dust bunnies only to be casually looked down upon from time to time over the top of some upper crusty english snout :p

jeddah
03-08-2002, 12:08 PM
:D

you'll regreeeeeet it :p

not :kiss:

jeddah :evil:

rosel_sampson
03-08-2002, 02:58 PM
now boys:zzz: i did not open this topic for arguments

JediTricks
03-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Mine is the best... for me!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-10-2002, 04:14 PM
All that I know is that my Imperial AT-AT Walkers will stomp and crush anything and everything in all of your puny collections.:p

jeddah
03-11-2002, 11:57 AM
..... that's as maybe, but I have 2 Suncrushers and I think you'll find they're a little more deadly than At-At's :p

;) jeddah

Baal
03-27-2002, 04:53 PM
I hope you guys didn't think I was gone.
I've just been busy with all the death and destruction lately.
I haven't checked out the forumn in a while, so I just wanted to touch base and see if Jeddah is ever getting my "Minis" out, and to let VT know I haven't forgotten about him. I believe there is the matter of some Aussie Braids to tie up?
And by the posts in this thread, it looked like I needed to remind y'all that there is only one "Baal", and that's me. And I have the biggest, most complete, packaged, loose, variants, collection ever.
Sorry it is taking so long to complete the new
displays, but it will be worth the wait.
What's up GSJ?
Long time, no hear.
Your pal The Devil,
Baal
]};{>

jeddah
03-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Sure thing bad guy, just need money to send 'em. However I must admit that since sending GSJ and VTS packages recently, I completely forgot :o

I need to get some boxes but I have an idea which involves theft... :evil:

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-28-2002, 06:23 AM
i'm trying to figure how i'm gonna be paying fer this one for the rest o' eternity:dead:.......belezebub doesn't get his package, cause i got mine:eek:

i got a bad feeling about this......................

as fer not hearin' from me lately, architorture is finally startin' to recover from 9/11, so's i bin's a bit busy of late, and have not had the time to paruse the web as much as i'd like.

jeddah
03-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Well GSJ, I wouldn't worry about that; I'd still be sulking if I started a cool thread like your country cruizin one and no bleeder posted in it. :evil:

jeddah

vulcantouch
03-29-2002, 10:04 PM
i figured since jdah was sendin you stuff, you could pay me for both the stuff i've sent and the stuff jdah's sending. then i wold deduct that cost from what jdah owes me. that way jdah'll have to make only one usd/gbp conversion. it takes longer this way, but i haven't been in much hurry for my payment anyway :)
meanwhile, remember how you used to talk about becoming an inVesTor to help bring back mms? well, whether still interested or simply wanna see stmms come back, i think we've found a place where you should make yerself heard (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000047) :D
vt

SWAFMAN
04-01-2002, 01:40 AM
I had a nasty surprise this weekend. One of my classic duels TRU sets for some reason caught my eye as I walked by. Something was just wrong enough to trigger my brain to stop and do a double-take. It was the TIE Fighter. It was at a slightly odd angle, like it was flying upwards at a 30 - 40 degree angle instead of flying straight towards the x-wing. On closer exam, I saw that the box had been opened and re-taped, and the TIE fighter had been totally removed, then replaced. The twist-tie was obviously undone, then badly re-tied.
I don't know how or when this happened. I am POSITIVE it happened some time while the box has been in my possession. My collection is on the same floor as the rooms we use for guests, and where my girlfriend's son had his room when he lived here.
Anyhow, I've tried finding a minty sealed one on eBay with no luck, so far. If anyone sees a listing for the Action Fleet Classic Duels TRU special with the TIE Fighter & X-Wing in a mint or decent sealed box, I'd sure appreciate it if you'd post here on the forum.

Thanks!

Baal
04-03-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey VT, just let me know what I owe you, and tell Jeddah to email me my total. I'm sure you guys can use the "mool". One question, if we square up, will it take another year to get Jeddah to ship my goodies?
Haha! Don't get angry Jeddah, them's just jokes honey!
Baal
]};{>

jeddah
04-04-2002, 03:35 AM
2 Friday's ago at work they archived all the old accounts and over-bought on archive boxes. THey're flat packed build-yourself types and at about 5' by 5' unmade, they are quite difficult to steal. I am just biding my time to get a few - prolly only need three and then I'll send em. :evil:

Your delivery is not waiting on VT, it's waiting on me :rolleyes:

I'm a bit reluctant to send these as it'll mean giving up one of our few cards to tempt you onto the board :D

jeddah

shinakuma43
04-28-2002, 05:51 PM
Swaffy: Sorry to hear about your CD Tie Vs. X-Wing. I believe Milleniumtoyco.com (1 'n' not 2) has one for 29.99. If I needed it it would have been gone long ago. It's not the greatest deal but it's also not a bad deal.

Here's a link to the AF page:

http://www.milleniumtoyco.com/web/starwars/pages/micromachines/fleets.html

They also have some good deals on MM carded sets. Ewoks and others for 4.99 each. Unfortunately for me the only carded set I need is the Ewoks on the gray striped card (which I'd really like to get).

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
04-28-2002, 08:33 PM
S43, thanks! I've emailed them for ordering information, and I hope to place the order by tomorrow. Very much appreciated.

SWAFMAN
05-13-2002, 04:38 PM
this (http://www.oohyeahzone.com/collection/collection1-wallcabinet.html) person has a very nicely displayed collection!

SWAFMAN
06-01-2002, 02:36 PM
waaaaa!!!

I am sooooo depressed. :mad:

We've had several heavy thundershowers over the last few weeks, and just developed a a leak in our roof.
Some of my collection got wet. :cry:
I have fans blowing on everything, and most of it should dry with no serious visible box damage.
But a few boxes are going to show bad warpage and separation of the cardboard layers, and at least two are now totally worthless as boxed collectibles. The silver lining is I'll now have an opener of the Alpha Naboo Fighter.
But I have been looking, and can't find anyone online auctioning or selling a boxed alpha naboo to replace my drowned one.

If anyone sees an Alpha Trade Federation Droid Fighter for sale or auction, would you please let me know?

I also have to replace my Avon Luke's X-Wing. The white box has a big rusty water stain on it. :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the wet boxes.
The LAST place I thought I'd have to worry about water damage was on the 3rd floor. Ack!!!

Well, it could have been a lot, lot worse. The majority of items are ok.

-- end of self pity session --

shinakuma43
06-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Sorry to hear about the water damage inflicted on your Avon X-Wing and Alpha Naboo Fighter. You should probably be able to replace the X-Wing fairly easily on ebay for about 10.00 or less. I haven't seen any Alpah Naboo Fighters (or any other E1 Alphas for that matter) on ebay in a while. Hopefully someone will be able to help you get one off of ebay, on ebay the prices of the E1 Alphas seem to fluctuate greatly. I've seen alpha Naboo Fighters go from 30.00 to over 100.00.

What I find very odd is the fact that there seem to be quite a few TIE Defenders and other rarer AFs on ebay lately. I'm wondering if they are showing up somewhere or if everyone just happened to sell them at the same time.

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
06-03-2002, 07:34 AM
back when i had ordered it from entertainment earth, i went in on the deal with a colleague here at work. entertainment earth were offering the naboo alpha's in a case with two of em. i took one, and my colleague took the other.

his alpha naboo has been sitting pristine and never been opened on his work surface for the past two years.

i asked him this morning if he would be willing to do a swap with you for your water damaged boxed one for his. and he agreed!

sooooooo, if it's acceptable to you, you send me your alpha naboo (box as well, if it's still intact), and i will send to you his pristine mint one.

let me know

:)

SWAFMAN
06-03-2002, 04:02 PM
ACK!!! GSJ that's sooo cool, but stupid moron idiot ME had a major brainfart when I typed that post. It isn't he Naboo Fighter who's box was damaged. It's the Trade Fed Droid Fighter. I was so upset at the time, I wasn't thinking clearly. I must've been thinking that because it was sorta saucer-shaped, it must be the naboo, but the colors are totally different. I'm a total putz. Sorry!

good shot jansen
06-03-2002, 04:53 PM
i still have the box to my droid fighter, (it's still in excellent condition) i could just send it to you, and that way you can display your droid fighter in a pristine box.

let me know, i'd be very happy to do this for you

SWAFMAN
06-03-2002, 05:54 PM
GSJ, I appreciate that a lot. What I am hoping to do is sorta 'turn lemons into lemonade' by using the one I now have as an opener, since I don't have ANY of the EP1 alphas opened and displayed yet. If I can't find an unopened one for my boxed collection, I'll definitely ask you to send me the box. But there is no hurry right now. Hopefully we can wait until we have other trades or purchases to exchange.
Speaking of which, did you (or anyone else) see the MM/AF lot I posted about in the 'Ebay' thread? Any interest???
Thanks again, GSJ. You're a true gentleman.

Sakay
06-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Haven't you ever been told size isn't everything? I may not have the biggest, but to me mine is the best, and besides, its paid for.
(More than I can say about car!)

Sakay
06-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Can anyone help me? I'm in search of a Alpha Naboo Starfighter, can anyone point me in the right direction?

SWAFMAN
06-20-2002, 11:24 AM
EP1 Alphas are virtually non-existent on ebay lately. I'm sure hoping Hasbro sat on some of these and will dump 'em on toy stores with the new AF stuff. Anyone know if this is a realistic wish?

SID
06-20-2002, 12:40 PM
SWAFMAN,

It's a realistic wish but hasbro delivering on that wish is another story.:rolleyes: