PDA

View Full Version : Is there ONE thing we can all agree on in SW?

Thrawn
03-07-2002, 10:32 PM
I admit it. I'm not into the forums.
There are many reasons.
Tycho's long winded posts...
GNTs endless amounts of posts...
Lucas is god posts..
Blind acceptance that E1 is awesome...
Carded vs loose wars (I prefer both)....

But mostly it is the childish fighting. I saw one lynch mob go after a good guy who bought like 100 stormtroopers for a display!? Who cares? If I could find that many I would (I only bought the 47 I could find).

So I wanted to find the ONE thing everyone into SW can agree on...and if this isn't it then I just give up.

Is there anyone on the planet who thinks the ANH SE change of Greedo firing first was a good idea??

(Not counting Lucas and his siamese bunghole mccallum)

Mandalorian Candidat
03-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Yes, Thrawn. There's is one thing we can all agree upon...

Rick McCallum is as useful to the Star Wars universe as a razor is to a French woman's armpit.

:dead:

bigbarada
03-07-2002, 11:04 PM
I heard a quote from McCallum on the radio about the effects on Ep2, where he said that they didn't want to push the envelope they wanted to lick it.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh yeah, Greedo firing first was a stupid idea.

Allie Fox
03-07-2002, 11:15 PM
It seems there are TWO things that Star Wars fans can agree on:

Greedo and McCallum are Bad.

;)

Jargo
03-07-2002, 11:29 PM
I can agree that McCallum is an arse. he reminds me of my Uncle. I mean ok, so he's the producer but why the hell should we the fans have the goon inflicted on us? Shouldn't the punk be doing some work instead of just schmoozing with the press? Don't they have a press officer for that? Isn't there anyone else who can talk to reporters and do a commentary spot in the documentaries?
Pleeeeeease? :(

Greedo? There's other things that bother me more. I've always thought Han was lame anyway. Always kinda wished that Greedo fried him. :evil:

LTBasker
03-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey I'm from the Rodian Bounty Hunters Anomynous and I would just like to point out that the idea of Greedo shooting first isn't a bad idea but him missing by that much at point blank is just downright shameful! :crazed:

And McCallum sucks. :Pirate:

Beast
03-08-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Hey I'm from the Rodian Bounty Hunters Anomynous and I would just like to point out that the idea of Greedo shooting first isn't a bad idea but him missing by that much at point blank is just downright shameful! :crazed: And McCallum sucks. :Pirate:
Well, the Rodian species does have compound eyes. But that doesn't mean their eyesite is good. Oh the hell with it, even I can't defend that scene. That was the only scene in the special edition that was bad.

And as many of you has said before. Mr. Ricky "Potty Mouth" McCallum is a putz. I am starting to thing that the stuff most people didn't care for alot in E1 can be traced back to him. After all, look at who he wanted in E2, "N'Sync". :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-08-2002, 12:41 AM
Apparantly Mandalorian Candidat and I agree on how to choose a signature line :D
I was reading the ShoWest transcript of his speech, and when I read the "envelope line" I thought oh my gosh, that is classic Rickster right there! :eek:

Greedo firing first? I'm in agreement, it's bad. VERY BAD. For multiple reasons, first because it just looks bad. I remember awhile back bigbarada (I think) said that scene is so cringe inducing he has to look away from the screen. I wouldn't encourage anyone to watch that part :(

It's also bad because it set out to "correct" a perception of the movie that Han was a cold blooded killer. Uhhhhhhhh, if a guy wags a gun in your face telling you how long he's been waiting for that day, what the hell are you supposed to do?

Emperor Howdy
03-08-2002, 01:04 AM
Well, I for one LOVED the scene. It was well done both graphically and for promoting a healthier Christian image for Han, who I was appalled at for shooting Greedo first. Now I see it was self-defense. I also enjoy muratic acid enemas and being beaten with blunt objects. I am part cow/part mollusk. I like to staple things to my Grandmother's legs and I think "periwinkle" is a cool word. In other words....I am...like the Greedo scene....AN UTTER ABOMINATION.

SithDroid
03-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Apparantly Mandalorian Candidat and I agree on how to choose a signature line :D
I was reading the ShoWest transcript of his speech, and when I read the "envelope line" I thought oh my gosh, that is classic Rickster right there! :eek:

Greedo firing first? I'm in agreement, it's bad. VERY BAD. For multiple reasons, first because it just looks bad. I remember awhile back bigbarada (I think) said that scene is so cringe inducing he has to look away from the screen. I wouldn't encourage anyone to watch that part :(

It's also bad because it set out to "correct" a perception of the movie that Han was a cold blooded killer. Uhhhhhhhh, if a guy wags a gun in your face telling you how long he's been waiting for that day, what the hell are you supposed to do?

I always liked the idea that Han shot first. It gives him character instead of him being a wuss. If someone said they were going shoot me over my dead body and they had a gun pointed at me, you bet I'd shoot him before he had a chance to shoot me. I also agree that because it was pretty much at point blank range that it was a stupid idea. How in the world can someone miss something that is 3 feet in front of their face. STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. Hopefully GL will fix this with the Ultra Super Happy Deluxe Special Editions.:D

Oh and Rick McCallum. Yes, we all dislike the potty mouthed neanderthal.

Jargo
03-08-2002, 06:48 AM
Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to call him a neanderthal - he wears nice sweaters............ :sur:

jeddah
03-08-2002, 06:50 AM
I never noticed this. How did it used to be? personally, I dislike "let's try rolling,that's a good trick" more than whatever it is Greedo did/didn't do. :rolleyes:

Does that make me a 'naysayer' ?;)

jeddah

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I heard a quote from McCallum on the radio about the effects on Ep2, where he said that they didn't want to push the envelope they wanted to lick it.

I think ol' cousin Rick got "envelope" confused with Uncle George's butt. :rolleyes: :eek:

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Greedo firing first is awful. The scene looks terrible and it makes my skin crawl to think of it. Please, George, if youre listening, on the DVD release do NOT include this!! Please, for the love of God do NOT put this on there!!
And as far as Rick McCallum goes, he is a worthless waste of skin.
His foul mouth and attempts to be hip are so unbecoming. I think he is a crude human being and he needs to get the axe from George Lucas.

Lord Tenebrous
03-08-2002, 12:12 PM
I think we can all agree that when Han steps on/over Jabba in ANH: SE, it ruins any credibility and tension the scene tries to have.

And I don't think altering the Cantina shootout was a good idea.

SithDroid
03-08-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

I think ol' cousin Rick got "envelope" confused with Uncle George's butt. :rolleyes: :eek:

LOL.

Wow Thrawn, I guess everyone does agree on one thing: We all hate Rick McCallum.:D

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 06:02 PM
Yes, that was a very stupid and horribly ugly idea. It looks idiotic! So that is one thing we can agree on. But I also think we can agree that Star Wars is a good movie series (generally). Also, I think most people agree that Luke's face after finding out who his Pa is, is a nasty and ugly face. I don't look when I know it is coming. Ugh...

Jedi Teacher
03-08-2002, 06:15 PM
I completely agree that Greedo firing first was lame. However, given the opportunity I'd gladly keep that scene if it meant Ricky would stay far away from anything Star Wars related.

How did he get his job anyway?? And what exactly does he do? From the documentary stuff on the DVD it seemed that all he does is agree with George. Now it seems Ricky is going to Celebration II ?!?!?!?!?
I've already bought my tickets, so I'm still going to go, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SEND RICKY??? WHY?????

SithDroid
03-09-2002, 01:40 AM
Well, from what I've been hearing, not a lot of people like Rick McCallum. I'd like it if at Celebration II when he gets up to speak if everyone would boo him. That would be hilarious. I'd like to see that on the EP II DVD when it comes out.:D

Obi-Don
03-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Greedo firing 1st was not a good idea. To me it looked like he couldn't hit the side of a barn if he were standing in front of it. It would have looked better if he shot last and missed because Han got there 1st.

As far as Rick goes.I just don't pay him no attention.Star Wars would go on with or without him. Thats how strong Star Wars is.

Starfig873
03-09-2002, 10:00 AM
So....yes. Yes we all can agree on at least two things: Rick's a goober-butt. And the Greedo scene was an embarrassment for all human-kind. :)

So see Thrawn? All the bickering, all the hate, all the blind faith it all boils down to a common loathing in our world. Possibly the largest mass of such ever. And dernit, that's something to be proud of. :p

Yes Virginia, Star Wars fans may be a fickle bunch, but we know when somethings afoot. :evil: