PDA

View Full Version : Reunions

Bel-Cam Jos
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
There are two reunions on tap soon: FOX's 25th anniversary (this Sunday?) and Murphy Brown (and when?). I think of the two FOX would have more of my interest, but I'd probably learn more from MB. What other shows would be due for a 15th/20th/25th/40th?!?/etc.-th?

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I ended up watching the whole 25th FOX show; I'd forgotten just how awful early FOX programming was. :eek: What are their most important/influential shows over the years:

BEL-CAM'S UNRANKED TOP TEN FOX SHOWS:
- In Living Color
- Beverly Hills 90210
- Cops
- The Simpsons
- The X-Files
- Married... With Children
- House
- American Idol
- American Gladiators

There was also a Family Ties retrospective on TV Land/AMC/some other channel that I saw this weekend; there were quite a few big names that began their careers on that show (Courtney Cox, Christina Applegate, Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, etc.).

El Chuxter
04-23-2012, 11:45 AM
You wouldn't bump something in favor of 21 Jump Street? I was never a fan, but it was pretty influential and launched the career of that Depp dude.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Well, since you "asked" me...

BEL-CAM'S UNRANKED "NEXT TIER TOP TEN" FOX SHOWS:
- Melrose Place
- Ally McBeal
- Party of Five
- Family Guy
- The OC
- 21 Jump Street
- that magicians' secrets revealed show (or the Alien Autopsy)
- The Tracy Ullman Show
- America's Most Wanted
- When Animals Attack

Lord Malakite
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I ended up watching the whole 25th FOX show; I'd forgotten just how awful early FOX programming was. :eek: What are their most important/influential shows over the years:

BEL-CAM'S UNRANKED TOP TEN FOX SHOWS:
- In Living Color
- Beverly Hills 90210
- Cops
- The Simpsons
- The X-Files
- Married... With Children
- House
- American Idol
- American Gladiators

There was also a Family Ties retrospective on TV Land/AMC/some other channel that I saw this weekend; there were quite a few big names that began their careers on that show (Courtney Cox, Christina Applegate, Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, etc.).

American Gladiators? Pretty certain American Gladiators was syndicated, like Star Trek: The Next Generation.

As for me, if we were also to include their Fox Kid's programming, I'd definitely throw Batman The Animated Series and Power Rangers on that Fox list of top shows.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I always remember it on our channel 11, which has been FOX; I guess it could've been syndicated. I just recall it as one of the first reality shows, or contest shows, where you tuned in to see what'll happen next. Mindless entertainment.