PDA

View Full Version : Premiere Day Figure ?

stillakid
03-08-2002, 01:49 AM
Forgive me if this has come up, but I've been avoiding AOTC threads as if I'm tip-toeing through a minefield.

Will there be an opening day figure giveaway, the way they did with TPM when they gave away that Luke figure? What will the figure be if so?

SithDroid
03-08-2002, 01:55 AM
I hope not. They only gave them away to the first 50 people and half of them didn't even appreciate the figure. Plus the packaging was all messed up on a ton of them. It is almost impossible to find a good package of the Special Edition Luke. Plus this only leads to scalpers selling theirs for a lot of money to the collector who really wants one.

mark2d2
03-08-2002, 01:58 AM
If memory serves me correctly -- the Luke was given out at the Special Editions Premiers and not TPM. If I am correct about this, then I doubt it.

yaddle yodas love pu
03-08-2002, 08:28 AM
There has only been one movie premiere figure give away. It was the "theatre edition" Jedi Luke that was given out to the first few people who went to particiating theares on March 14, 1997 to the opening of ROTJ: SE. A lot of people got burnt as scalpers and theater employees went wild. I was only able to get it because my sister was there and obnoxiously demanded that the thearer manger open up the box and give us 2 before they opened the doors to the theater. There is no similar figure give away planned for AOTC.

stillakid
03-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Oh, yeah. It's all a blur. Thanks!

LTBasker
03-08-2002, 07:20 PM
There was a micro-micro-machine 3-pack for ESB:SE, much smaller than ordinary micros, and it contained I think the Falcon, Slave 1, and the Death Star.