PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Hayden Church as HAN SOLO and Matt Damon as LUKE SKYWALKER

Tycho
05-04-2012, 05:03 AM
I think you could recast Star Wars for more movies after Return of the Jedi with Thomas Hayden Church as Han Solo and Matt Damon as Luke Skywalker. I just saw that movie, We Bought A Zoo (cute actually) and the scene with Church and Damon (with longer hair) as brothers sitting in the bar reminded me of the Mos Eisley Cantina revisted with an older Han and Luke. Church is not as old as Harrison Ford who is getting up to his 70's I think (though Lucas claims there will be one more Indiana Jones film with Ford).

On that note, I'd cast a young actor in his 20's to play Jones in the gangster hey-days of the 1920's, or in his 40's, to play Jones during WWII when apparently he served Military Intelligence. However, the latter tramples on Ford's work as Jones, in the very late 1930's right before WWII broke out.

Indiana Jones is always the same age as the year the story takes place. So Ford can play him in his 60's and 70's (Cold War, or Vietnam).

If you did Indy in Korea, well he might have to be recast.

JimJamBonds
05-04-2012, 10:17 AM
If you did Indy in Korea, well he might have to be recast.
Since HF is 69 I don't see how he could do Indy in Korea.

sith_killer_99
05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Matt Damon?!?!?

Seriously, I can see it now...

"Aren't you a little OLD to be a Stormtrooper?"

Damon is like 41, and Luke was supposed to be like 18!

Tycho
05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
To play Luke at some later age in sequels.

That's why you also re-cast Indy with an actor in his 50's or later 40's

JediTricks
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Matt Damon?!?!?

Seriously, I can see it now...

"Aren't you a little OLD to be a Stormtrooper?"

Damon is like 41, and Luke was supposed to be like 18!I was thinking the same thing, and Church is 51.

If you want older Han & Luke scenes, just drive the Lucasfilm cash-dumptruck up to Ford & Hamill's houses, they're not dead.

Tycho
05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
True, but I don't want to see an AARP bumper sticker on the Millennium Falcon

JimJamBonds
05-04-2012, 07:06 PM
True, but I don't want to see an AARP bumper sticker on the Millennium FalconILM can take care of that.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2012, 08:34 AM
Why not? There's a "tasteful" poster in the Tantive IV.

JediTricks
05-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Why not? There's a "tasteful" poster in the Tantive IV.
I took pictures of that at the Science of SW exhibit a few years ago, there's also a SW poster in there, they are VERY small.