PDA

View Full Version : Well, now you have them...

gibbspaulus
03-08-2002, 02:52 AM
....what do you think?

With all the pictures of toy fair ..etc, and the sneaked out figure shots ...etc I had kind of forgotten how small these were gonna be. I had almost divorced them from the previous 3 3/4 figures in my mind!

I am looking at R3 T7 on my desk thinking how tiny are they?

However, they are dead groovy. Zam and Jango look good together. The trooper is still doing the Time Warp but we'll get used to him I guess.

Any thoughts?

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 08:37 AM
Up close and personal are the Zam and the Tuskenette. Both are stellar. I still have my reservations on the ugly gimmick loaded ones and the overly posed and limited use figures.

GeneralKenobi
03-08-2002, 10:48 AM
I like the preview figures...the Clone Trooper is a little odd but I'll get used to it the more I see of it...

pthfnder89
03-08-2002, 11:05 AM
Up close and personal:

I love the new regular Battle Droid, it's the best one made so far.

Plo Koon is also a pretty cool figure, although his paint could be better.

Shaak Ti - hmm... I know a lot of people don't like this super posed figure, but I really like the basic design. I just wish they had done something a little more with her. Wrist or elbow articulation would have been nice, but she only has 3 joints, head, and shoulders. Kind of a waste of what could have been a great figure IMO.

But I still think she looks cool in that fighting pose :D:D

bigbarada
03-08-2002, 02:38 PM
I'm confused, are people actually finding Ep2 figures on the pegs or did everyone here just order them online?:confused:

I haven't seen hide nor hair of anything beyond DSE Han and X-Wing Luke over here.:cry:

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Some people paid some outlandishly crazy prices for some of these figures on eBay or what have you. Some paid relatively normal prices as well, but those were few and far between. A lot of figures made their way to Singapore and were sold from that port of entry. These are NOT on the pegs in most places. They are starting to make it onto the pegs of SOME Wal-Marts who have decided to jump the street date on these figures.

Believe me... they aren't THAT special. :rolleyes: They are just figures and you will have them soon. :D

pthfnder89
03-08-2002, 03:31 PM
I have to agree. Unless you are about to just break and cry if you don't have them in your hands soon, They really aren't worth the price almost any dealer is asking for them. I don't feel too bad about the ones I bought, or how much I paid, but I wouldn't go near the stuff that's selling on Ebay.

They're fine figures, but I say wait till April to buy any.

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 04:56 PM
From what I have seen, which isn't anything up close and personal, I love them. I am going to Wal Mart very soon to go and check it out. But, the internet is a wonderful place too. :D

bigbarada
03-08-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm going to take a trip to Wal-Mart tonight to see if my local store is one of the naughty ones who is selling the stuff early. After much complaining, I've finally decided to give the figures the benefit of the doubt and check them out up close and personal before deciding to buy them. My change of heart comes after getting the Han and Chewie 25th set and realizing that pre-posed figures really aren't that bad when they have a cool pose.

However, if they have a stupid pose (Luke and Leia 25th set) then they really do suck.

Soooo, let me get this straight: the preview figures become available on the 23rd of March; the rest of the line is available on the 23rd of April; and the movie opens on the 15th of May. Right?

Beast
03-08-2002, 05:50 PM
My Wal-Mart didn't break street date. :( So I just ordered them on-line. I should hopefully have them Monday. I'm glad you liked the 25th Anniversary Han/Chewie set BigB. The Vader set is pretty cool as well, if you can find one. I agree, pre-posing of some figures isn't bad. That's why I think the Jedi's are cool that way.

The preview figures were supposed to be out on March 16th, though for some reason Wal-Mart is now saying the March 23rd. I dunno why they are mixing the dates up, it really sucks actually. :( The Movie opens on the 16th of May, and there should be 12 more figures released on or before then, since there is supposed to be 26 different basic figures on the shelves the day the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 06:51 PM
I also think that preposed figures, if done right, are great. I love the Han and Chewie and the Darth and Obi packs. There is one question I have though, Why do we demand to have neutral poses, and then complain about them and want action poses, or visa versa? Lots of people don't like the Imperial Officer's neutral pose, but they don't like Eeth Koth's action pose. So, you want it in between, if you do that then you have one weird looking figure. I am sure you will say that this can be solved with mega articulation, but then you complain that you can see the joints and that the arms and other limbs "pop off." If there are that many joints then of course they will pop off, and it is hard to make them invisible. So, I am confused, what is it that you want? I like to have a variety, some posed, some neutral, when appropriate. I would like to see stormtroopers who can hold their blasters in two hands, that would be nice. Anyways, I like the posed figures when they are done right. I am done now that I have written a whole essay... Whew!

Dryanta
03-09-2002, 11:40 AM
I bought the four sneek peek figs today and like them all.
Except for one problem.I open everything and when I opened ZAm and took the elastic from her hand and pistol i discovered that she won't hold either of her guns.any one else have the same problem.

Jargo
03-09-2002, 12:15 PM
In a Q&A at rebelscum with Hasbro, Hasbro say there's only going to be 14 figures on the 23rd April give or take a couple more, possibly, depending on how fast the production of the figures is going. The rest will follow shortly after. But they say the Imperial officer and rebel fleet trooper variants are going to be available before the movie opens which means they must be padding out the cases of AOTC stuff along with anything else like the other troop builder packs.

There isn't going to be an AOTC frenzy like with Episode one apparently but Hasbro are saying that they are going to make as many AOTC figures available as is possible for the opening of the movie.

jedibear
03-10-2002, 12:29 AM
....and I like 'em alot. Yeah, the clonetrooper is taking a little time to get used to, but considering we've been staring at stormtroopers for over twenty years any change in the design is bound to shock at little. While I like the current figure of it, I hope that a "commtech" version (you know, mucho articulated) is coming.... I'm not too keen on the "laser-blast" attachments, but they're no big deal.

Zam Wessel is pretty cool looking too. Another thing I noticed is that on both Zam & the C-Trooper, the grade of plastic used for the figures seems different than before...harder and lighter. We'll see how they stand up over time.

THe R3-T7 is a blast! I love the clear dome with the gold innards and clicking action. And a retractable leg! Great detailing too. And reusable lighting which looks really cool wrapped around Artoo with a couple of Jawas zapping him.

And I hope what Jargo is reporting is true...I'd be perfectly happy if it wasn't too overboard on April 23rd. About twenty figures, the three Action Collection entries, the deluxe figures (which I'll probably pass on intially unless they're REALLY cool) and the two beasts and three vehicles is enough for first night. I just don't want to see the glut of stuff like we had for EpOne (but still want to see plenty for everyone...how's THAT for a conundrum!?!) and my wallet would appreciate a slower pace too!

LTBasker
03-10-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Why do we demand to have neutral poses, and then complain about them and want action poses, or visa versa?

We're never pleased by anything. :D

Actually the neutral pose on the officer isn't all that bad, would've been better had they included knee joints but they're not absolutely needed. :)