PDA

View Full Version : is destroyer droid rare??

ki-adi mundi's bro
08-26-2001, 06:48 PM
i've only seen a few at ALL the places that sell'em latley...but i got gone...

JediTricks
08-27-2001, 08:24 AM
These are indeed getting sorta rare. While some wal-marts are still clearing them out for various prices, you're not going to find many left on the shelves. They'll probably be considered "very hard to find" by the time Ep 2 rolls around.

JEDIpartner
08-28-2001, 09:13 AM
Yeah... It sure seems that the Droidekas are in short supply! I have an original Droideka as well as teo "damaged" Droidekas. I found the first damaged on in Japan and the second in the clearance bin at Family Toy. That second one sits in my office along with my "spare" R2-B1 (the harness went to the red astromech from my Royal Starship) and the "deluxe" Maul.

Snap up the Droidekas if you can find them! They are nicely designed pieces from E1.

JEDItricks... did you MEAN to say Destroyer Droid and "rolls around" in the same post?;)

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 08:38 AM
Ugh, I missed that play on words. ;)

As for your post, this is the Lego section, I think Ki's bro is talking about the Lego Technic Destroyer Droid, not the Hasbro ones.

JEDIpartner
08-31-2001, 12:04 PM
I forgot to type out the rest of my message (all due to crazy editing and posting here at my job- shhh!!!), so here it is... to the best of my recollection... And thanks for pointing out the "missing" portion of the post! It thought it looked a little short (but not for a Stormtrooper) but didn't have a chance to go back and proof it... the boss came in- D'oh!

Yeah... It sure seems that the Droidekas are in short supply!
I picked up a LEGO droideka at a clearance bin at TRU. I wasn't going to pick it up at first, but have since reconsidered (along with a battledroid from the same bin). There were quite a few battledroids but only 3 Droidekas. I wasn't sure if it was because the Droidekas were more poplular. I am a huge Droideka fan- I was awestruck when they made their appearance in the film! I have an original Droideka as well as two "damaged" Droidekas. I found the first damaged on in Japan and the second in the clearance bin at Family Toy. That second one sits in my office along with my "spare" R2-B1 (the harness went to the red astromech from my Royal Starship) and the "deluxe" Maul.

Snap up the Droidekas if you can find them! They are nicely designed pieces from E1.

JEDItricks... did you MEAN to say Destroyer Droid and "rolls around" in the same post?

JediTricks
09-01-2001, 01:08 AM
No, I didn't mean it, I really didn't.

Don'tcha just hate when work gets in the way of something really important like posting here? ;)

Do you have the Mega Action Droideka, and if so, which transformed mode do you like better, that one or the Lego Technic one?