PDA

View Full Version : New troop builder sets!

hairless chewie
03-08-2002, 05:58 AM
Rebelscum is reporting on 4 new troop-building sets coming out from Hasbro. Death Star troopers, hoth soldiers, arena battle droids, and endor scouts(hence the two pack at toyfair)They are two packs with different weapons/ heads, whatever. Check it out and what do you think? Right on!rebelscum.com (http://www.rebelscum.com) :crazed: :crazed: :D :crazed: :D :crazed:

Bosskman
03-08-2002, 08:39 AM
This is awesome news. Methinks two of each if they're good, and 2 of those fanclub stormie 4 packs ..... an army I will build..........

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Yeah... I read this over at :Pirate: this morning as well. These are really long overdue sets. I'm glad Hasblah had momentary stroke of genius. Too bad it was just momentary.

Jargo
03-08-2002, 09:58 AM
well, as long as there's enough to go round and they end up distributed more thoroughly than just the fanclub or whatever.

A stirling idea if it comes off. I'm not holding my breath and refuse to get excited about Hasbro ideas until they start shipping. Too mant cancellations to get excited. But it's a nice idea. Two troopers and a load of accessories. Jolly good show old chap - whoever it was who convinced the mighty budgeteers at Hasbro to go through with it. :)

Dryanta
03-08-2002, 11:00 AM
I have to agree with EJ on this.excellent idea and long over due.But I too will get excited when I see photos and get a concrete release date

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 05:53 PM
I am excited about them, if they are real. I will be even more excited if they come out along with the Imperial Shuttle, which I have wanted forever. By the way, Jargo, I like the new avatar!:D

sith_killer_99
03-08-2002, 06:52 PM
This is a good idea, but what will they COST? Even Hasbro's new GI Joe 2 pks are almost $8.00!!! And Hasbro OWNS the license.

If they can do a 2 pk for $8.00 or less GREAT, just $4.00 per figure. But if they end up being as much as the Anniversary sets forget about it!!!

Beast
03-08-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
This is a good idea, but what will they COST? Even Hasbro's new GI Joe 2 pks are almost $8.00!!! And Hasbro OWNS the license. If they can do a 2 pk for $8.00 or less GREAT, just $4.00 per figure. But if they end up being as much as the Anniversary sets forget about it!!!
They actually arn't 2-packs. They are a figure with a ton of accessories, according to what I read. That's why I accidentally started a new thread talking about them. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4588 I didn't realize at first that this was a thread about the same thing. I will definatly be ordering a case of these, when they come out, though. Coolness.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-09-2002, 07:40 AM
There was a Q and A with Hasbro over at rebelscum where they confirmed that the head variants of the imp officer and reb fleet trooper would indeed be coming BEFORE the movie opens. Is this part of the troop builder waves? Coolness if it is cuz I want a load more Imperials especially if there's going to be a new death star trooper without the running for the loo action. Reb fleet trooper is okay but I have three so I'll probably end up getting three of the variant and leave it at that. he's not such a great figure but my displays cry out for them.... new biker scout sculpt would be cool. i can't get enough of biker scouts. Those Endor rebels were very cool looking IMO want a few of those. I'm so much more excited about these than the AOTC stuff. It was such a laugh to read that Hasbro are relly excited about their funky new direction.... They don't expect it to last though I could read the subtext. The action stance will die horribly..... :evil:

Starfig873
03-09-2002, 09:42 AM
I think this is a really cool deal. Just have to wait and see how it works out though :p

SirSteve
03-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Hasbro told me they are not 2-packs and we have known about troop building figures for a while, they just haven't released them yet.

Jayspawn
03-09-2002, 11:21 AM
It's about time! I've been waiting for sets like these for a long time. Since Hasbro likes $ so much, maybe they will see how well these will sell and maybe make more in the future.

Bring it on Hasbro!

Jargo
03-09-2002, 12:30 PM
It doesn't matter if it's single or double packed, as long as those troopers keep coming. :)

Tradefederation.net had a report today about these that states it's :
Death star accessory set with new death star trooper
Hoth invasion with hoth rebel soldier
Jedi arena with a jedi (rebelscum says battle droid not a Jedi)
Endor patrol with retooled scout trooper

Plus they had these items listed with some confidence........

Rebel officer likely to be Crix madine

Endor rebel trooper double pack fan club exclusive

Ponda baba and Momaw Nadon walmart exclusive

Kitik Keed'Kak and Greedo walmart exclusive

25th anniversary landspeeder with luke

25th anniversary x-wing with R2-d2

Imperial shuttle Tydirium FAO Shwartz exclusive

Luke Skywalker Bespin duel

darth vader bespin duel

Lott Dod

Hologram Nute gunray and Lott Dod

Teemto Pagalies and scavenger droid (formerly Podracer 2-pack)

Seems like a good year for classic figures despite the interuption of another of those darned pesky prequels. There's also the other figures from Toyfair coming out and stuff we already know of:

Han Solo Endor

Chewbacca Bespin

Djas Puhr

Ephant Mon

Imperial Officer variant #2

rebel fleet trooper variant #2

stormtrooper 4-pack fanclub exclusive

Tie bomber and pilot

At-ST with speeder bike and Paploo

Snowspeeder Hoth peril with luke and Dack

Plus teebo, BoShek and R4-M9 out now.

The only unmentioned figure so far is the R5-D4 resculpt. However, not all of this list can be possible with over sixty odd products for the new movie sitting on the pegs with the classic stuff. Can all this be coming out this year? I'm puzzled.......

PloKoon2385
03-09-2002, 01:42 PM
As I stated in another thread, I think that Hasbro is trying to rush things out too fast. That is why the paint jobs on the BoShek waves aren't up to par. So, as much as I hate to say it, I hope they don't all come out this year, if they are going to have second-rate paint.

Dryanta
03-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Thanks E.J. for the info.Are there any pics anywhere of the head variants so I'll know what I'mm looking for?

Also is there any printable lists out somewhere that list all the Star wars stuff for this year?

Jargo
03-09-2002, 02:46 PM
No pictures asfar as I know but hasbro said in a report at rebelscum that they should be coming before the movie opens. Which probably means they're shipping with the AOTC figures for April 23rd. So we should start seeing the odd item show up on Ebay soon :) Reason? Chinese new year. The shipments were sent out before the Chinese new year celebrations stopped production. This means that some figures from the classic range have already been made and shipped. Simple deduction my dear Watson...... The game is afoot! :crazed: :D

mark2d2
03-09-2002, 07:30 PM
Jargo,

The Walmart packs sound awesome! I can really sink my teeth into those. Even the Greedo sculpt in welcome to me because I LOVE Greedo. (He is my Bobofett . . .) My only question is who the is other alien with the wierd T name? Anybody got a pic -- or a description so I can pick him out in the beloved cantina.

PS -- I'm still hoping for a Sandcrawler . . . maybe next year?

Lman316
03-09-2002, 08:33 PM
Those cantina sets sound like a good idea, but I'm not really looking forward to the re-hashes: Greedo, Momaw Nadon and Ponda Baba. I know that some people have been looking for a resculpt of Ponda for a while, like with a removable arm, but I think the POTF 2 one is fine.
I think if they're going to do a resculpt it should be for Dr. Evazan, because the Cantina Showdown one sucked. But I would like a decent one for my cardboard cantina display.
But everything else that was mentioned sounds really cool, and a lot of them are needed. So I'm crossing my fingers that this all turns out to be true.

Jargo
03-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Mark, here's a piccie of kitik Keed'Kak. I assume you meant this one? I think it's an odd choice over Bom Vimdim the one horned guy or a new Evazan or any other cantina creature. But maybe it's the start of a whole series of these packs to complete the cantina? Who can tell with the weirdness of hasbro? I'm not ecstatic about these in theory but if the sculpts rock I might go wibbly at the knees for them at some juncture. :D

Djas Puhr looks great so we can only hope the others look as good eh?

Dar' Argol
03-10-2002, 12:09 AM
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
A giant preying mantis!!!!!! It wants to mate with us and then bite off our head!!!!! Run for the mountains boys!!!!!RUN!!!!!!!

:D

mark2d2
03-12-2002, 08:30 PM
Wow. What a wierd but cool creature for a figure. A Giant Preying Mantis will definitely be something new and different in the cantina. I hope all these packs materialize . . .

Sidiously Darth
03-12-2002, 09:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that is one of the creatures that helps in the production of Bacta.

From the www.starwars.com databank:

The insectoid Vratix of Thyferra invented bacta by mixing alazhi salve with a synthetic liquid chemical called kavam. This concoction is further mixed with a colorless viscous liquid called ambori.

There will be a test next week, kids.:D

Beast
03-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Sidiously Darth
If I'm not mistaken, that is one of the creatures that helps in the production of Bacta. From the www.starwars.com databank: The insectoid Vratix of Thyferra invented bacta by mixing alazhi salve with a synthetic liquid chemical called kavam. This concoction is further mixed with a colorless viscous liquid called ambori. There will be a test next week, kids.:D
That might be another insectoid race, because Kitik Keed'Kak's Decipher card lists her as being from a race called the Yam'rii. Here is a picture of her decipher card, for anyone intrested. She also has a database file on the official site: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kitikkeedkak/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 09:01 AM
I just hope Greedo doesn't try to challenge Kitik, he got beat up by little Anakin, think of what a mantis would do. :eek:

I hope Kitik is well articulated, 'course after seeing the Ephant Mon plans, I'm sure it will be. :cool:

Greedo I hope is also better, we're looking for an ultimate version here! :happy:

This is gonna be a good year... Figures figures figures figures! :crazed:

Lman316
03-13-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
This is gonna be a good year... Figures figures figures figures! :crazed:

First, nice update on the avatar, LT. It looks really cool.

And, I really hope that this is going to be a good year. I find myself hyped up for everything that's coming out. I want to drive to every store around here looking for new stuff, but I have to remind myself it's going to be a while before anything comes out (and that's even if these packs are real - even though it seems like they're going to be).
I hope that they speed these (either the troop sets or the cantina sets) along. I still can't wait. :D