PDA

View Full Version : Gone Already?

InsaneJediGirl
03-08-2002, 10:02 AM
I picked up an FX7 yesterday and noticed that the figure had no Force File.Same with the Queens Decoy.Now,I'm not too fond
of the Force Files,I dont need to know "Adventures with FX-7"
but I cant understand why they dropped them with this wave.Is
it because the figures were too big?Or did Hasbro decide to be nice to all the little trees in the world?

(I'm trying
to avoid spoilers for the non-spoiler people).

DarthChuckMc
03-08-2002, 10:09 AM
Oh my GOD.. You found FX-7 in FLORIDA at a retail store? I got tired of waiting and got them online. I thought we'd never see them here. I got Zutton and Eeth Koth online too. I found FX-7 wave before X-mas while on vacation in WV, but have never found them here.
On a side note, I found AOTC Preview Figures at 4 Walmarts last night, all in the Orlando area.

JEDIpartner
03-08-2002, 10:23 AM
They started phasing them out as they started greaing up for the AOTC line. I know it seems a little stupid to do this and not finish off the line, but that's exactly what they did. I think part of the reason is because they started coming up with "generic" characters like the RFT and the IO. Each one has his own "strength" and "speed" ability and really are more "background" characters. They probably couldn't think of any information to put in those. Also... how much "story" could you write for FX-7?? :crazed:

Mandalorian Candidat
03-08-2002, 11:27 AM
FX-7 Force File

ALLIES
2-1B
Naked Luke

ENEMIES
Chewie (he pulls droid's arms out of their sockets, remember?)
Scalpers
People who don't use coasters

Lord Tenebrous
03-08-2002, 11:27 AM
I found this wave in Florida, it was just later than I had hoped. :)

I believe that if the Force Files were still around, FX-7 would have been changed to FX Medic Droid, and the adventures would have included both the Bacta Tank scenario, and one for the Imperial FX-10 - who I now have tending to Darth Vader.

If not for Amidala, this would have been a great army-builder wave.

LTBasker
03-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Yep, and that's also why they gave them the more personal card. Oddly enough though, I figure just making up some balogny about the figure and then putting in all these made up facts on the force file would be much cheaper than making personal cards, especially since they're only using the personal cards on 9 figures.

PloKoon2385
03-08-2002, 07:41 PM
I still haven't found that wave in stores yet. I bought mine online, but I would like several of the Imp. Officer and Rebel Trooper. Is Hasbro going through with the 3 head variant Imperial Officer? If so, I think they'll be released as an army builder wave later on.

LTBasker
03-08-2002, 07:47 PM
No, it was first reported that there would be a 3 head variant but now it's only 2 head and the 2nd Imp Officer and 2nd Reb Trooper are yet to be released.

InsaneJediGirl
03-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Orginally Posted by LTBasker
the figure and then putting in all these made up facts on the force file would be much cheaper than making personal cards, especially since they're only using the personal cards on 9 figures.

LTBasker,I RPG quite a bit and most of the facts are "real".

LTBasker
03-09-2002, 12:41 AM
I know, I meant it would've probably been cheaper to just make up facts for the force files on the final figures of POTJ rather than create a whole new way of doing the card which also increases costs because they have to make these individual cards and they're only gonna do it on 9 total figures. That's why they said they originally switched to the way they were doing the POTJ card, because they could cut costs by making a generic card and the only way to identify the card to a figure would be by the UPC sticker, force file and the figure itself, nothing that was printed on the card, well except for the assortment list on the back that had the names of figures under it.

Jayspawn
03-09-2002, 11:24 AM
I don't mind the FX-7 wave not having force files. I don't really want to hear about how Darth Vader is FX-7's enemy or how he saved the Rebel Fleet.

InsaneJediGirl
03-09-2002, 03:45 PM
Good point LTBasker.It isnt like the Force Files were doing much
good for the extra dollar or so they were "worth".I dont see how
a piece of paper could cost that much under mass production.
Then again,Hasbro just wants their money:greedy: :greedy: